It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rosicrucians

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Does anybody have any kind of information regarding this particular society? I have been looking into them a little bit and just wanted to see if there were any Roses here that would help me.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

You may do well for yourself to bind your query with a more respective approach.
It is better to linger in the idea of going directly to them. That is where you may achieve... something.

To set yourself up for non-r.c. & anti-r.c. & psuedo-active-r.c. will only lead to disappointment!

However... Here is a Hint: "God-Disappointed -vs- Godis-Appointed"

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Read the Wiki page? en.wikipedia.org...
Very interesting actually I'd never heard of them myself.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
to Further your idea(s)...
You should know... It is "Order Of The Rose-Croix." Not "Rosicrucian(s)."

If you meet one (Male) consider he is "Gardner"...

Samwise Gamgee was/is Gardner... Loyal, Brave, and Honest!
Rosie... His Wife Is His Prize & Praise.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinocchio

I was considering joining the Order of the Rose-Croix, and was wondering what kind of knowledge that they taught compared to Freemasonry.
edit on 29-7-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

That was a very good comparison you did there. J.R.R Tolkien had his own hand in the 'hidden', so I've heard.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I was a member back in the 1980s (took their green monograph course).
What would you like to know?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I was considering joining the Order of the Rose-Croix, and was wondering what kind of knowledge that they taught compared to Freemasonry.

At the core of things, all secret societies teach a golden thread, much like in the exoteric religions, only the interpretation differs.

Rather than get a whole bunch of people's interpretations, best to go to original sources. Check out Max Heindel to start,

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

What areas of interest do they deal in? I am a lover of knowledge and wisdom, especially of the esoteric. This has fueled my drive to learn and absorb more via first hand knowledge of Freemasonry; reason for my alternate thread.

However I have read Max Heindel's work on the healing aspect of it, and was wondering how much work they did in regards to the body, mind, and spirit.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

I already own 'Occult Principles of Health and Healing', with my desire to join the Medical field and abolish disease and sickness, it has procured my interest into the particular field.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I recall that the monographs began with a lot of Scientific Principles that served as a base of knowledge then it progressed to things more esoteric (like staring at a burning candle for a period of time and then looking at a mirror to see your inner self).

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

(like staring at a burning candle for a period of time and then looking at a mirror to see your inner self).

This is more along the lines of what I was looking for. I am well aware of the burning candle practice, as it is supposed to stimulate and open your Pineal gland or 'Third' eye. I could see it therefor allowing you to see your aura and etc at the end of the practice. Thank you; for I was not aware of this particular practice. Yes, the book I have from Max Heindel does talk in the beginning about a lot of scientific principles.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

It all depends on what you are seeking. There are two faces to any secret society. For those wanting knowledge, there is one face (the profane). For those wanting to become better humans, there is the other (the initiates). For the first, the thirst is never quenched. For the second, they receive the gold sought by both.

Enjoy your search.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

Comparisons are not necessary.
There is only you and your aspiration(s).

Rose-Croix... "The Craft Of Husbandry"

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
i heard they started in hollywood

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybowrain
i heard they started in hollywood

You heard wrong, amigo.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

If you're interested in Rosicrucianism, I'd suggest you read Fama Fraternitatis and Confessio Fraternitatis. You can find PDF versions online for free and they are not that long of a read; combined maybe 22 pages.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You seem to be really searching about a lot...Perhaps you should be visiting a library to find some answers or doing you own online searches.

There is lots of information out there besides what you can discover on ATS.

It seems you want to join everything, so pick 'somthin already!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Rose-Croix...

It is necessary... to imagine... just how much it matters to one particular person to allow another to learn what a "Rose-Croix" is...

If you delight in learning it... you may as well delight in sharing the secret(s) of your curiosity with a "Rose-Croix."

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well considering i was raised "a torch bearer" what would you like to know and i can tell you the order goes all the way back to Egypt. Also most of our founding fathers were members, not much too it really if you know anything about what most people are calling "new age" the Rosicrucian order is where most of the concepts came from. So karma, reincarnation,e.s.p., etc. etc. After i grew up i no longer practice so only did the youth program my mother was the one who got me into it. They have a temple in California somewhere but we did all our stuff through the mail. If you need real specific information i can talk to my mom.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join