It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Us Americans ;)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Not sure if I am actually angry enough to post this in the rant section, but it is the only place I feel is appropriate to express a few thoughts of mine.. Thoughts that I have held inside for a few years. Thoughts that grow more and more hostile every time I go to Youtube, Ats, or just about any where on the World Wide Web.

( Just so I don't fully express my full anger.. I am listening to some 60's Hippie tunes... Peace and love type tunes
)

It seems almost EVERYWHERE I go on the net, I witness Anti American comments. I can literally view a Smurf cartoon from the 80's and see a dispute about us FAT, LAZY, WARMONGERING, SHEEPISH, IGNORANT, AMERIKKKANS... And how we ruined something great that a European created.

I truly have tried, and tried and tried and tried to ignore it.. And then tried some more!

I witness daily on ATS some one make a comment about us, the citizens of the USA (usually referred to as Americans) and I honestly almost always think.. They call us ignorant :/ American, huh?... South American, Central, Those northern brethren that are also fellow Europeans, etc., aye? Everytime I hear an insult towards an "American" Yep.. there are South Americans, Central Americans, etc.

Culture! Yep... I hear how us Americans (Again I will assume us USA Citizens) have NO culture and are nothing but hillbillies. I laugh every time I hear us "Americans" stereotyped with such a generalization. I really hope most people that paint with such a broad brush do not really believe that... I hope

We citizens of the USA are a multi cultured demographic... Yes, Most of us are ONLY a few generations removed from our roots.. Europe, ASIA, etc. Thus you will find China town... Appalachian Mountain men, ( yes, the true "Hill Billies" .. Scottish and Irish Immigrants... Matter of a fact.. That is where the term redneck came from.. Irish and Scottish immigrants that settled in the Appalachian Mountains) Spanish, Native Americans, French, German, Scandinavian ( My own roots going back to 900 AD.. Viking roots) Us "Americans".. citizens of the USA, are a very diverse group. Most of us have traveled abroad many times and know at least two languages. We are not only cowboys from Texas, although most of us would be proud to be from the Lone Star State! We are Germans, English, Norwegian, Italian, Asian, French, Spanish, and from every corner of the globe.. We are a melting pot and each have a culture.. I for one am proud to be from my Nordic, Heathen Stock.. And many other Americans have there own culture that they are proud of.. such as my Italian American Friends..

I am just tired of of the ignorance about us who dwell upon these American Shores being looked upon as one "fat' "lazy" Inbred" "no culture having" society. Especially seeing how many of us just left Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, in the past 100 years or less.. We are YOU!!! :0

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I call people from Mexico Mexicans; People from Brazil Brazilians; People from Argentina Argentinians; People from Peru Peruvians; People from Canada Canadians etc. etc.

I call people from the USA Americans. How would you prefer I refer to you?
edit on 29-7-2012 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
WERE ALL HUMANS!!

Correction...we are souls
edit on 29-7-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

I guess you didn't get my point?

We are YOU!!! We are each other! The human race!

Just tired of Americans who happen to be From everywhere, singled out.. That our homelands express so much disdain for. Even though we are just recently here living on these American Continents. Some have been here since the Mayflower, but I can Guarantee that a good portion of us hated Americans came across from our homelands as Immigrants from Spain, England, China, Russia, Japan, Italy, Egypt, etc... In the last 100 years or less.. Many in the last 20 years. Why the hatred? We are you!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Startruth144

I think perhaps you are demonstrating the attitude that stops many US citizens purchasing a passport and getting out there to investigate the rest of the world. Your people may historically come from everywhere but you have created a new society that has developed differently from those your ancestors originally came from....it is uniquely your own.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Well I have for one traveled and spent time in many countries abroad. I do believe that we here (In the USA) have so many places to go and experience a lot of different culture that there isn't a great deal of need to go elsewhere.. Like I said, we have Amish folks, China town, Appalachian Mountain culture, German areas, Italian, French, etc. We are a melting pot of culture in the USA and can travel within South, Central, and North America and Experience so much culture. We are those cultures, and for us to be called uncouth, uncultured, rednecks, is.. well very ignorant..

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I think you're also at risk of a little bit of hypocrisy here. Every society has its numpties....of that there is no doubt. Every society also has its geniuses....of that there is no doubt.

You seem to be arguing that EVERYONE regards US citizens as being ignorant. Everyone does not....and it's slightly ignorant of you to suggest that

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I definitely DO NOT believe that everyone from other countries view us Americans that way... My best friend is an Iraqi National who helped the US military take down the Saddam Regime.. He has nothing but love for us Americans. I have friends from Norway, Italy, Iran, and Australia.. None of which feel that way.

BUT... And this is the reason I let out my rant..

I can not go any where on the internet.. even something as innocent as a cartoon on youtube and NOT see an anti american comment.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Well in that case I reckon you're just being over sensitive. The global nature of the net means we all get to see ourselves as others see us....and we don't always like that. Grow a thicker skin and man up.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
BTW if i don't call you American I still don't know how I'm meant to refer to you. US citizen is a bit of a mouthful. Any ideas?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Good advice

I usually never say anything about what irritates me.. I decided tonight after a few drinks, that I desired to express my thoughts on the ever increasing dislike for us yokels in the USA.

Never made a rant thread so ... Yea, felt like venting some steam off, that I have held back for awhile. I usually do laugh and ignore the ignorance I witness. Just not tonight. Everyone has to let off sometimes..

Thank you Christina for taking the time to help me feel better

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

haha.. Well.. I could care less truthfully. I just find it amusing that even other countries here in the Americas, refer to us US folks as Americans. I mean truthfully my Canadian brothers, and sisters are indeed Americans. Yet anytime something hostile is slung out, and the word American is used.. It is for sure aimed at us.. the US fat-bodys.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Glad to be of service

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
We call you amricans because your country is called the United States of America, your country is made up of states that form the country America. It's much like when people call people from the UK Britians, because we are residents of Great Britain, even though Great Britain is made up of 4 seperate countries (the English, Scottish, Northen Irish and Welsh), but we are called Brits.

On the internet steriotypes are used oftern, it's a very easy way to get under peoples skin, and people on the internet love to annoy each other,lol.

English = tea sipping, crumpet lovers who are all friends with the queen and speak really posh with bad teeth
Welsh = Sheep shaggers
Scots = Angry drunks who have a terrible diet and low life expectancy
Irish = Angry drunks, stupid, lepricauns
French = Frog eaters, pussies who are always too keen to surrender, arrogent
Germans = Angry and hell bent on taking over Europe
Americans = Loud and ignorant of the rest of the world, stupid, no geographical knowledge and crazy fundermentals

I could go on forever, but you should see my point by now. Every country has a steriotype that they don't like, and people on the internet love to use these steriotype to annoy the person that they are arguing with. If this stuff really and truley gets under your skin, maybe you should avoid using the internet.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
"We are you"

Yeyeye... You Americans like to pick and choose don't yas? Lol

One day you say you "earned you independance"

The next we're one and the same.

Make up your minds!

The truth is America is *hated* *loathed* and *despised* by the rest of the world..

Not *Americans*, but *America*

Your government and administrations are one of the leading *evil* entities in the world.

Just an hour ago I was listening to a Syrian family bearing witness to the crap happening over there, wanna know what they said? "Why Syria? We are free, we have mosques, and synogogues, and churches, we have women who have their heads covered, and some who don't, we have education and electricity, we are as free as any other, and yet the Free syrian Army is working with the Al-Queda to cause trouble, to bring our government down, so America can send its troops over here, America have occupied Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Eygypt, and Yemen... Those countries are more worse off now than ever, in Iraq they can make electricity ony for one hour, maybe two, America use democracy as an excuse invade countries like ours, and they ignore real suppresing regimes because the regime leaders are American allies"

That was just one exanple from the top of my head, we could actually fill half of Asia, with detailed analysis of why the world hates the US.

Why do you American people get the brunt of the crap?

Its YOUR country (apparently).

Why have you not put a stop this?

In regards to the other comments, you are the lead country in demonstrating mass poverty, lack of education, lack of health care, and lack of democracy (ironically), and you are some of the fattest people on Earth.

Again, why?

You got you independance from us, look how you've now turned out, I'd beg the UK to have you back lol,
Seriously, we hate your government, get rid of them, and the world will embrase you again.

Don't worry, the UK government is nearly as bad, but we're working on fixing ours,

Join OWS.

Make a change. DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO ENTER ANOtHER COUNTRY.

Ohh, and don't give up your guns.

Peace

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Your friend should feel ashamed at him self for aiding the Americans is taking down Saddam.

Regime or NO regime, he was an American Puppet and Patsy.

Your friends time would have been better spent keepingout foreign troops.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Startruth144

haha.. Well.. I could care less truthfully. I just find it amusing that even other countries here in the Americas, refer to us US folks as Americans. I mean truthfully my Canadian brothers, and sisters are indeed Americans. Yet anytime something hostile is slung out, and the word American is used.. It is for sure aimed at us.. the US fat-bodys.

I also think some Canadians would kick your ass for saying that lol

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I agree with you ...........
To a certain extent
Israelis, Muslims, English ect, many faces and nations attract negative responses. Admitadly Americans probably get a little more, but you've got to admit, some Americans ar their own wort enemy

Now I've known and worked with THOUSANDS of Americans, and the vast majority describe themselves as AMERICAN and the geopolitical and sociopolitical aspects of the USA as AMERICAN ( made in America , American war of independence, American civil war, the NBA, NRA, and so on - you've done it to yourselves to a certain ammount

I beg to differ on your statement that most Americans Have travelled abroad and know 2 languages

Let's just break this down a little
One of the highest numbers thrown around of the number of Americans having PASSPORTS is 30%
Hardly MOST
Out of that 30% how many are immigrants that are now US citizens, thus had a passport in the first place to emigrate ?
Out of that 30% how many are the armed forces, only having that passport since joining up, required to deploy over seas ?
Out of that 30% how many we're only for the summer in college ( Mexico/Canada )

Out of those that speak 2 languages
How many are first or second gen immigrants or from non English speaking ethnic groups ?

Also something I have noticed many times is that being a US citizen somehow entitles you to some higher better treatment to others, the "you can't do this to me, I'm an American" attitude ( or something to that effect )
You also need to consider what you show the world

Your movies your shows your tv series, is by many accounts the only insight many have into your country/culture, which you have to admit isn't exactly the best advertising !

I feel for you I really do as I am also part of a ( few )group(s) that are regularly targeted

But...........you have to admit ............you can be your own worst enemies !

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I see Americans on ATS constantly picking on other countries and their people, yet rarely do I see a thread created by members of these other countries whinging about their treatment.

On the other hand, ATS gets a thread from an American whinging about 'Anti-Americanism" at least once a week.

Americans are far too sensitive.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
English = tea sipping, crumpet lovers who are all friends with the queen and speak really posh with bad teeth
Welsh = Sheep shaggers
Scots = Angry drunks who have a terrible diet and low life expectancy
Irish = Angry drunks, stupid, lepricauns
French = Frog eaters, pussies who are always too keen to surrender, arrogent
Germans = Angry and hell bent on taking over Europe

^ ^ ^

Exactly what I think of all of you!

edit on 29/7/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join