It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Crop Circle: UK - Looks Great ! - Makes Compass Go Crazy - July 25, 2012

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
Be advised that the circle makers cooperate with the farmers.

It's very rare to see a circle without an "honor box", which means the farmer is ok with you going into his field, if you leave money in the box. They get permission from the farmer because he knows he'll get paid from the honor box.

Crop circles have become big business in England.

True, but there have also been farmers who allow no one to come near their farms.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

What about all the other links/evidence I provided? Did they all they pulled?
You're talking about BLT? It's nonsense. Not published. Not peer reviewed.

How do they determine what a "real" circle is? The anomalies only occur in real circles (but only sometimes) so that means that they are real circles because the anomalies only occur in them and in fake circles the anomalies don't occur so that means they are fake. That is called circular logic.

Besides these two guys pulled it not because a lot of their article wasn't factual, but because SOME of it came into question, therefore it should NOT be in a published journal
Apparently you didn't read the MUFON article.
edit on 7/30/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
Be advised that the circle makers cooperate with the farmers.

It's very rare to see a circle without an "honor box", which means the farmer is ok with you going into his field, if you leave money in the box. They get permission from the farmer because he knows he'll get paid from the honor box.

Crop circles have become big business in England.

True, but there have also been farmers who allow no one to come near their farms.

I've been going to the Crop Circle Connector for years.

In one field report the field investigators returned to their car and the farmer was

pounding on the hood as they started the car!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

What about all the other links/evidence I provided? Did they all they pulled?
You're talking about BLT? It's nonsense. Not published. Not peer reviewed.

How do they determine what a "real" circle is? The anomalies only occur in real circles (but only sometimes) so that means that they are real circles because the anomalies only occur in them and in fake circles the anomalies don't occur so that means they are fake. That is called circular logic.

Besides these two guys pulled it not because a lot of their article wasn't factual, but because SOME of it came into question, therefore it should NOT be in a published journal
Apparently you didn't read the MUFON article.

Nice try, but even within the links I sent, (and there WAS peer reviewed stuff in there) there is too much for you to go through and disprove that you haven't yet. You pick and choose easy targets and discount the rest, as if the two or three things you refer to DO discount the rest. You haven't even responded to all of the stuff in my links. And I could sit here for 30 minutes copying and pasting more, and spending more time getting better ones, but you'd do the same to those.

You would have to go do the research yourself - even then, there are scientists coming up with weirdo results that write them off in their own ways because they don't want to be challenged.

So I get it: you don't believe it and are not even willing to consider anything else. Cool. You win!
Personally I think it's possible that only humans do it, but I basically doubt it. I'm open to it though. You however are clearly closed at all costs.
edit on 30-7-2012 by thebtheb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I finally figured out that - Highly Speculative Conspiracy Topics = ATS Skunk Works !

I just followed the - Skunk Icon -.

-----------
i know we disagree but i appreciate your participation on this thread.

----------
BTW, a total of 4 different crop circles are drawing attention to the date - August 4, 2012 -.

Apparently, the Atlanteans will be saying "hello" at the London Olympics on Saturday.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
You would think with all the wizards prophets psychics n foreseer's trolls n goblins, that SOMEBODY would have figured this out by now..

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
You would think with all the wizards prophets psychics n foreseer's trolls n goblins, that SOMEBODY would have figured this out by now..

The crop circle on this thread was either made by the Grays or Leprechauns.

The iron filings are a Gray Signature. That's why the compass is going " haywire".

I guess some of you Star Trek fans could call it a - Borg Footprint -.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I don't kno about the alleged "real ones" but all I can say is that this year, the quality in the circles just is not there. You can see the marks where the people who made them trod with the planks. Not one of this years circles has made me sit up and take note. Poor show so far circle makers.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
I don't kno about the alleged "real ones" but all I can say is that this year, the quality in the circles just is not there. You can see the marks where the people who made them trod with the planks. Not one of this years circles has made me sit up and take note. Poor show so far circle makers.

I see you are from the UK.

Head on out to the Stonehenge area this week and bring a HD movie camera with you.

This is an important week. July 30 - August 4 2012.

Look for bright small spheres at around 5:30 AM. The crop circle should appear in only

4 minutes.

Oh, and bring a compass!!! It should go haywire in the real ones.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

IDK, it would be more belivable is the circles were closed instead of having an opening a small tractor could drive thru connecting them all. Also you can see the tracktor lines going thru them from the field. The people could have followed the tractor lines. done the circles and followed the lines back.
just a thought

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

You posted 2 links; one to BLT and one to an article about the paper by Chorost and Dudley.

I responded to your Chorost and Dudley link. They published and withdrew their paper.
I responded to your BLT link. BLT has published no peer reviewed work and their research is highly biased. BTW, did you notice that they attribute crop circles to natural causes?

So I get it: you believe it and refuse to see that the "evidence" presented for non-manmade circles does not prove anything except the biases of the researchers.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

You posted 2 links; one to BLT and one to an article about the paper by Chorost and Dudley.

I responded to your Chorost and Dudley link. They published and withdrew their paper.
I responded to your BLT link. BLT has published no peer reviewed work and their research is highly biased. BTW, did you notice that they attribute crop circles to natural causes?

So I get it: you believe it and refuse to see that the "evidence" presented for non-manmade circles does not prove anything except the biases of the researchers.

Meh, that you think there's NO evidence of some of the anomalies I find pretty amazing. But maybe you find it amazing that I think there's something to it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I didn't say that there weren't "anomalies". I said that their "studies" seem to depend on their definition of what a "real" crop circle is. With that in mind, it's not surprising that they only find "anomalies" in those "real" circles (some of them).

I am a bit amazed that you think it's impossible that all of the complex crop circles are manmade.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I didn't say that there weren't "anomalies". I said that their "studies" seem to depend on their definition of what a "real" crop circle is. With that in mind, it's not surprising that they only find "anomalies" in those "real" circles (some of them).

I am a bit amazed that you think it's impossible that all of the complex crop circles are manmade.

They never said exactly what a REAL crop circle is. They just defined the ones they think can't be explained. It's called "real or not" but really, I don't think anyone would research them or argue much about them if there weren't the ones with the anomalies. For me, there are too many, and too many weird circumstances in some of them not to take notice and say the human makers couldn't do it. They haven't yet.

Anyway, I in this entire thread never once said that all the complex circles were were not man made. Must have been somebody else. Clearly they can be made, so don't lump me in with everyone else!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

They never said exactly what a REAL crop circle is.

Exactly. It's a moving target.

They just defined the ones they think can't be explained.

Exactly.

Anyway, I in this entire thread never once said that all the complex circles were were not man made.

That isn't exactly what I said. Are you saying that it is possible that all complex circles (meaning those which are obviously not due to wind and such) are manmade? That's not the impression I got so far. If that's what you mean then I've been missing your point. My apologies.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

They never said exactly what a REAL crop circle is.

Exactly. It's a moving target.

They just defined the ones they think can't be explained.

Exactly.

Anyway, I in this entire thread never once said that all the complex circles were were not man made.

That isn't exactly what I said. Are you saying that it is possible that all complex circles (meaning those which are obviously not due to wind and such) are manmade? That's not the impression I got so far. If that's what you mean then I've been missing your point. My apologies.

No, my contention has never been with the complexity of the circles. Some of them seem amazingly complex like the alien face, but I know nothing of art, design, etc., so I've always assumed of course humans could do it.As I said, it's all the other weird things about them that have always caught my attention, whether it's a complex formation or a simple one circle.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I found an update to "The Crop Circle Challenge." Apparently, they've had many emails with questions such as "why only five people" and other questions. So they've answered all the questions HERE

I emailed them myself and told them they should also remove the term that the circle makers have to pay costs if they lose.

Oh and I came across some interesting info related to the human circle makers: apparently many groups of circle makers claim responsibility for the same circles. Now THERE I smell a rat.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

What about all the other links/evidence I provided? Did they all they pulled? Besides these two guys pulled it not because a lot of their article wasn't factual, but because SOME of it came into question, therefore it should NOT be in a published journal, which just proves they are responsible scientists and only calls more validity to the rest of their research, rather than saying they bias everything.

They said in the withdrawal that they were going to do another study. Do you know if they did?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I found an update to "The Crop Circle Challenge." Apparently, they've had many emails with questions such as "why only five people" and other questions. So they've answered all the questions HERE

I emailed them myself and told them they should also remove the term that the circle makers have to pay costs if they lose.

Oh and I came across some interesting info related to the human circle makers: apparently many groups of circle makers claim responsibility for the same circles. Now THERE I smell a rat.

Crop circles have been appearing for hundreds of years, well before the grandparent's grandparents' grandparent's of the current human circle makers were ever born. This in itself is enought "evidence" that not all crop circles are human made:

When two retired English pranksters, Doug Bower and Dave Chorley, claimed in 1991 to have invented the crop circle phenomenon as a joke a decade or so earlier, they couldn't have been aware that almost 300 documented formations predated their alleged exploits. Reports go back centuries and a seventeenth century illustration even shows the figure of the Devil creating what certainly looks like the type of marking in fields which began to attract serious attention from the 1980s onwards.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Anyway, we won't have to wait long to find out.

According to the analysis, this is the 4th crop circle to draw our attention to a date.

---------- August 4, 2012 -----------

Maybe the Grays will drop the cloak on one of their huge - Beamships - over the

Olympics in London, England?

I have seen other crop circles that draw attention to another date. -- December 21, 2012 --

Thanks for the prediction! I'll be sure to quote and bump this particular post Saturday night. I'm guessing when the "grays" don't make themselves known, you'll either respond with one of your nonsensical posts, say the date wasn't known to be exact or say an earthquake or some other natural occurance somewhere else in the world that day was the sign.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join