It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Crop Circle: UK - Looks Great ! - Makes Compass Go Crazy - July 25, 2012

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Here's some interesting research that two nuclear physicists conducted:

HERE

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Here you can clearly see marks about 3-4 feet in length on the bottom right made by boards that you step on to push the crop down.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by aftn1892

Here you can clearly see marks about 3-4 feet in length on the bottom right made by boards that you step on to push the crop down.

I don't think anyone on this thread doesn't say there are man made ones.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb

Originally posted by torsion

It just shows me that there really is nothing that would convince you to even consider that something strange must be going on.

When it comes to Nancy Talbott and BLT and their interpretation of "science" something strange is going on for sure.

Here's another example of their work

Broeke's Mudman hoax defended by BLT

What do you mean? They're discrediting those photos themselves.
Also, what about all the rest of the documented stuff on that site - the mudman thing disproves it? Really? Okay.....not.
edit on 29-7-2012 by thebtheb because: (no reason given)

Talbott isn't discrediting the ridiculous photos, she is supporting them even after their own photo analyst said they were fake - as would anyone who sees them. Talbott states,

But as reasonable and straightforwad as our analyst's rationale is regarding this photo, it provides only a possible scenario--but one that, in this case, does not account for the actual facts. In July 2004 Robbert was totally unaware of the existence of New Guinea "Mudmen" or the Reader's Digest (or any other similar) photograph--so, obviously, he could not have come to his uncle's house prepared with a "cut out" of such a figure...

One Dutch web-site presents a convincing demonstration that the "Mudman" photo released to the public (#2.1, above) is a "100%" replica of the "Mudman" figure on the right side of the Reader's Digest illustration. Although the argument presented is at first glance compelling, it is not 100% accurate--nor does it prove Robbert "faked" this--or any other--particular photo. This will become evident as we look at the BLT photo analyst's findings in his examination of Robbert's "mudman" photos.

So Talbott refuses to accept what her eyes and commonsense tell her and accepts Broeke's word that he had never seen Readers Digest! Good science!!

Here's another example. The soldier photograph is about half way down the page. Talbott shows the book that Broeke obviously took the image from but bemoans,

"To be absolutely clear here, the ex-military man who owns this book had just moved into the neighborhood and Robbert had not yet met him. Generally, Robbert has no particular interest in soldiers or war and he was unaware of the existence of this book. And (in the event that this photograph may have existed on the internet) it must again be stated--Robbert did not have a computer in 2004, nor did he have access to one."

It is clear that BLT (the B is for Burke, T is for Talbott, the L is for Levengood - do further research "Dr" Levengood) are non-scientific paranormalists and are only pushing their own agenda. The photos they support are clearly fake, and so I put no trust in their crop formation analysis and assume their results are fake unless independent proper scientific test confirm their claims. This, I have no doubt, will never happen.

Found this which gives information on BLT's "Dr" Levengood (contains some strong language)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

We don't know for sure if we're going to have a pole reversal. I used to believe it, but new studies show it could be other reasons than a pole shift

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Crop circles have been around for roughly 20 years, getting progressively more complex for the most part.

Let's examine 2 possibilities:

1. Aliens make them, and figured plain circles were too boring.
2. Humans make them, and progress in technology and artistic inspiration account for the more complex shapes.

In the early 90s, boards and twine were all that was necessary for creating basic geometric shapes. However, in recent years, the use of steam cleaners and specialized boards allows for easier manipulation of the crops, and for more complex geometric designs.

The rate of increasing complexity is more akin to the career of a human artist(s), rather than an advanced civilization.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
And here is an example of how Talbott and Broeke insidiously exploit the dead with their fakery.

Paul Vigay and David Kingston were both crop circle researchers and both are dead. Broeke used his standard photo hoaxing method to produce a couple of very cheesy images. The original of David Kingston is seen here. This is likely the source that Broeke copied and pasted.

Of course, Talbott claims Broeke never heard of either man before their spirits contacted him. But why would they communicate with him?

Here's what the ghosts imparted:

David and Paul said, first, that they "love the energies" creating the crop circles and that they "do not support the attacks by Colin on Robbert's and Nancy's integrity" and, further, that they "stand by both Robbert and Nancy's work" and know Robbert and I must continue our efforts to help keep "the spiritual truth of the circles alive."

The Colin referred to is Colin Andrews.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

Yes. And after peer review they withdrew their article. Good scientists.

In the winter of 1991 we circulated a paper in manuscript claiming to have discovered 13 unusual radioactive isotopes in soil samples from an English crop circle......We are satisfied with our logic, but, unfortunately, the basic data turned out to be less solid than we believed. For that reason we pulled the paper from publication, and we are withdrawing some of the claims made in it.

www.scribd.com...

edit on 7/30/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Crop circles have been around for roughly 20 years, getting progressively more complex for the most part.

Let's examine 2 possibilities:

1. Aliens make them, and figured plain circles were too boring.
2. Humans make them, and progress in technology and artistic inspiration account for the more complex shapes.

In the early 90s, boards and twine were all that was necessary for creating basic geometric shapes. However, in recent years, the use of steam cleaners and specialized boards allows for easier manipulation of the crops, and for more complex geometric designs.

The rate of increasing complexity is more akin to the career of a human artist(s), rather than an advanced civilization.

What? First of all your missing natural unknown phenomena in your equation. Look at the evidence and then use logic. To suggest these people who are supposedly faking these are using steam cleaners is beyond lunacy. These circles are out in the middle of a field. You think hand held steam cleaners were used on each and every ? Just stop and think about the logistics of what you are suggesting. These guys are weaving acres of wheat at night in under 4 hours with hand held steam cleaners. Lmao. Why bother even posting something as logistically impossible. You are just asking to be discredited.

Nobody is denying there are people faking crop circles but they are not all fakes. Only a dis info agent would push such a propaganda. Just to be clear I don't think it's aliens. I don't know what it is but the real ones are sure as hell not made by humans.
edit on 30-7-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

It just shows me that there really is nothing that would convince you to even consider that something strange must be going on.

When it comes to Nancy Talbott and BLT and their interpretation of "science" something strange is going on for sure.

Here's another example of their work

Broeke's Mudman hoax defended by BLT

What do you mean? They're discrediting those photos themselves.
Also, what about all the rest of the documented stuff on that site - the mudman thing disproves it? Really? Okay.....not.
edit on 29-7-2012 by thebtheb because: (no reason given)

Talbott isn't discrediting the ridiculous photos, she is supporting them even after their own photo analyst said they were fake - as would anyone who sees them. Talbott states,

But as reasonable and straightforwad as our analyst's rationale is regarding this photo, it provides only a possible scenario--but one that, in this case, does not account for the actual facts. In July 2004 Robbert was totally unaware of the existence of New Guinea "Mudmen" or the Reader's Digest (or any other similar) photograph--so, obviously, he could not have come to his uncle's house prepared with a "cut out" of such a figure...

One Dutch web-site presents a convincing demonstration that the "Mudman" photo released to the public (#2.1, above) is a "100%" replica of the "Mudman" figure on the right side of the Reader's Digest illustration. Although the argument presented is at first glance compelling, it is not 100% accurate--nor does it prove Robbert "faked" this--or any other--particular photo. This will become evident as we look at the BLT photo analyst's findings in his examination of Robbert's "mudman" photos.

So Talbott refuses to accept what her eyes and commonsense tell her and accepts Broeke's word that he had never seen Readers Digest! Good science!!

Here's another example. The soldier photograph is about half way down the page. Talbott shows the book that Broeke obviously took the image from but bemoans,

"To be absolutely clear here, the ex-military man who owns this book had just moved into the neighborhood and Robbert had not yet met him. Generally, Robbert has no particular interest in soldiers or war and he was unaware of the existence of this book. And (in the event that this photograph may have existed on the internet) it must again be stated--Robbert did not have a computer in 2004, nor did he have access to one."

It is clear that BLT (the B is for Burke, T is for Talbott, the L is for Levengood - do further research "Dr" Levengood) are non-scientific paranormalists and are only pushing their own agenda. The photos they support are clearly fake, and so I put no trust in their crop formation analysis and assume their results are fake unless independent proper scientific test confirm their claims. This, I have no doubt, will never happen.

Found this which gives information on BLT's "Dr" Levengood (contains some strong language)

NONE of this discredits other information on that site, which is what I was actually referring to.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by thebtheb

Yes. And after peer review they withdrew their article. Good scientists.

In the winter of 1991 we circulated a paper in manuscript claiming to have discovered 13 unusual radioactive isotopes in soil samples from an English crop circle......We are satisfied with our logic, but, unfortunately, the basic data turned out to be less solid than we believed. For that reason we pulled the paper from publication, and we are withdrawing some of the claims made in it.

www.scribd.com...

edit on 7/30/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

What about all the other links/evidence I provided? Did they all they pulled? Besides these two guys pulled it not because a lot of their article wasn't factual, but because SOME of it came into question, therefore it should NOT be in a published journal, which just proves they are responsible scientists and only calls more validity to the rest of their research, rather than saying they bias everything.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

NONE of this discredits other information on that site, which is what I was actually referring to.

When Nancy Talbott starts using fake photos of ghosts and claims that the spirits of deceased crop circle researchers are coming back from the dead to support her theories then she has irrevocably discredited herself and BLT as a credible source of anything. Time to throw the BLT out with the bathwater! They simply can't be trusted.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladylove
To be honest i do believe that a lot are man made, But, Some of them are so impressive and accurate and HUGE, I find it hard to believe that all of them are man made.

Does anybody here have a theory on how UFO's or any other kind of phenomenon could possibly make them? Ruling out the microwave theory as i find that quite ridiculous...

If these tests on the soil have been proven to show extreme heat where is the proof of this?

And with the change to the wheat itself i am quite sure that cannot be caused by a bit of string, Measuring tape, Plan and a bit of wooden board...

Also why isn't there any documentary's or video's of one of the spectacularly big one's shown being done in the dark with a time limit attached to the video or has there been any of these made?

You are - phages - worse nightmare.
- Some are so impressive, accurate and HUGE -

If offered $1 million to make an exact copy of one of the HUGE crop circles in only 4 hours,

the hoaxers would throw their hands in the air and say " It can't be done."

----------------

I think they could make a really ugly copy in about 6 hours during the day.

Then we could laugh all day at their attempt here on ATS.

Our response would be 2 words.

- Nice try. -

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jadeascot
reply to post by Eurisko2012

We don't know for sure if we're going to have a pole reversal. I used to believe it, but new studies show it could be other reasons than a pole shift

I saw a show on the Discovery Channel.

Polar reversals have happened in the past and will happen in the future.

It's sort of like ice ages and global warming. They are natural occurrences.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Be advised that the circle makers cooperate with the farmers.

It's very rare to see a circle without an "honor box", which means the farmer is ok with you going into his field, if you leave money in the box. They get permission from the farmer because he knows he'll get paid from the honor box.

Crop circles have become big business in England.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

It's very rare to see a circle without an "honor box", which means the farmer is ok with you going into his field, if you leave money in the box. They get permission from the farmer because he knows he'll get paid from the honor box.

Big business???

You make it sound like a billion dollar industry.

-------------

When do the Grays get paid?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Big business???

You make it sound like a billion dollar industry.

-------------

When do the Grays get paid?

Pay attention, the farmers get paid, the tour operators get paid, the pilots get paid, and the quacks who rub chrystals on your head get paid.

Google "crop circle tours" and you'll find pages and pages of tours to circles.

Is it as big as GM or Microsoft? Of course not, but it provides a good living for quite a few people.

No gray's or green's or purples involved, just some artists who have chosen a new medium.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Really?

I would like to see you make one of the big ones in only 4 hours in the middle

of the night.

Easier said than done.

The MIT student made one in 4 hours but they had to cheat on the iron filings thrown

all over the place.

I gave them a B-.

---------
Anyway, we won't have to wait long to find out.

According to the analysis, this is the 4th crop circle to draw our attention to a date.

---------- August 4, 2012 -----------

Maybe the Grays will drop the cloak on one of their huge - Beamships - over the

Olympics in London, England?

I have seen other crop circles that draw attention to another date. -- December 21, 2012 --

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

of the night.

Easier said than done.

The MIT student made one in 4 hours but they had to cheat on the iron filings thrown

all over the place.

I gave them a B-.

Not to mention but I shall
that the terrain was level and the design not very complex.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NYUKLES

of the night.

Easier said than done.

all over the place.

I gave them a B-.

Not to mention but I shall
that the terrain was level and the design not very complex.

Let's see them make a copy of this August 4, 2012 prediction crop circle.

When i stand in the copy, will my compass go haywire???

-------------------
I've been doing some research on the web.

It appears that - First Contact - will happen August 4, 2012 and it won't be the Grays

stepping out of the spacecraft. It will be the Pleiadians aka the Atlanteans who

look exactly like us. On Saturday they will appear above the sky and on the ground

at the London Olympics.

- I hope Patrick Stewart will be there to greet them. -

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join