It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Year Old Afghan Girl on Robert Bales - He was shooting...He shot my Fathers dog first (Video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
"He was shooting...he shot my Fathers dog first, and then he shot my Father in the foot, then he dragged my Mother by the hair".

"My mother was screaming, and he held a gun to her, and my father said "Leave her alone", and then he shot him right here" - Points to chest

This report comes from Australia's SBS Dateline. It is something that the MSM in America would not dare to show.

Video Here - Anatomy of a Massacre

EDIT - Youtube Video Link by Murgatroid down the page. Thanks Mate.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Pedro4077 because: Link by Murgatroid

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

It just really, really bothers me...all the destruction, violence, and pain that innocent children and adults have to go through in the Middle East; or for that matter anywhere in the world.

Just imagine trying to go to school everyday where there could be a bullet around any corner; any minute. Those beautiful children having to live in daily fear; having to grow up so fast; losing the playful innocence of childhood.

I pray for them; I hope for them. I hate war.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'm so proud of our troops, they are heroes protecting us from 8 year old girls, thanks guys.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Something bothers me about this and I suppose it's one of many things really. This case is just so horrific from all sides.

Why did the villagers let him do all this and then stroll right back out? This is a nation where U.S. Troops are known to be kidnapped and beheaded if they are stupid enough to be caught off to the side and without support in the wrong moment. It's certainly a place where I get the impression, traveling in singles through local villages is not the way to get home alive. Naturally, there'd be good reasons for all that.

So how did this lone nut walk in, terrorize and brutalize a village that HAD to hear this crap...the ones that weren't being shot, HAD to hear all this. Yet...he wasn't challenged? None of the legendary bravado of the Afghan men was there to be seen? The whole Village of them went meek and accepted whatever he was going to do?

I don't know the answer to the above issue. It's why it bugs me. He went where no LONE man ought to have and provoked precisely those least likely to tolerate it...one would think....but suffered nothing for it until returning to American lines. Something isn't computing here.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
] reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Why did the villagers let him do all this and then stroll right back out?
[/quote

Watch The Video - "THE OTHER AMERICANS" were standing around holding lights.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The same video on YouTube:

"The Kandahar massacre occurred in the early morning of Sunday, 11 March 2012, when seventeen civilians were killed and five wounded in the Panjwai district of Kandahar Province, Afghanistan. Among the dead were four men, four women, two boys, and seven girls; eleven of these victims were from the same family. Some of the corpses were partially burned. United States Army Staff Sergeant Robert Bales, age 38, from Joint Base Lewis-McChord, was taken into custody and charged with 17 counts of premeditated murder and six counts of assault and attempted murder."

Eye-Witness Accounts Of Multiple Soldiers Involved In Afghan

edit on 28-7-2012 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Thanks for the link. It needs to be seen by much more than 1310 people.

Why are these people ignored? Why the lone gunman story by the American Main Stream Media?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077
] reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Why did the villagers let him do all this and then stroll right back out?

Watch The Video - "THE OTHER AMERICANS" were standing around holding lights.

I'll have to sit down an re-watch that in some real detail. I'd just gone through what official material I have from the long days of debates and such we all had on this topic when it broke and was the top story at ATS for awhile. I am still finding nothing outside of a media report or two, which suggests anyone BUT him was down in the Village murdering people.

Oh well... If I the common consensus has gotten to be that a whole United States military base was in on a village massacre...I'll back out and avoid the topic. As crazy as truth here seems to be, that is just out where the buses don't run and reality takes a rain check.

Your OP here highlighted that lone soldier/Afghan male wimpy response that has struck me from day 1. If my wife is being brutalized and my kid is actually that close? Well....Shooting me in the foot would only slow the charge a little....It just shocks me the man was sitting there watching this as the account goes, waiting for the second shot or something.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
So now because of these war profiteering Corporations and politicians we now have to worry about those that have lost relatives and family due to our relentless pursuit to fill the pockets of greedy privatized companies. As you have seen with the Iraq and Afghan war and other wars in the past.
A shame that god, its people and the religions we practice have to get such disrespect by those in power!
How is that those who think they know what to do with the world should have that right without any second wonderment or understanding?
So now because of these military invasions, we now have to worry more about those that were harmed emotionally, mentally and physically from our brutal invasions?
I've seen all the Catch 22's that our system for some reason loves to create on itself, and it's #ing disturbing as #!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Aside from the fact this was a horrific and preventable human-caused tragedy, there is the sad state of affairs that is our news media here in America, that this massacre barely got any air time and is now actively ignored. Robert Bales is persona non grata to the MSM. Guess like most news snippets that don't depict the USA or it's corporations in a rosy light we'll have to go to another country's news media for a better picture.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
First of all, do allow me to give my condolences to the victims families for the senseless murders of those people, only my fellow humans living in another land.

Secondly, to all those who CONDEMNED the US and the military, Do spare the hypocrisy.

Robert Bales HAD been taken in custody, and WILL be given a fair trial for justice to be served. This is only the RULE OF LAW, as practised by all CIVILISED nations.

No nation is perfect, nor its people, but with the rule of law, those whom had deviated from society agreed upon rules and guidelines of social behaviour so that all may live in peace, will be served with justice.

BUT,

can I say the same for Afghanistan today?

Where are the murderers of Americans, NATO and Afghanis innocent slained brutally there today? Had they been brought to justice?

Worse, the HumanSlayers Taliban organisation had claimed responsibility for those murders. YET, why are they not arrested and served with justice? Just because they have guns, they are above the rule of law?

And EVEN WORSE, they had claimed several slaughterings of innocent humans - americans, foreigners and afghanis through suicide bombings are 'revenge bombings'. Is this their manner of justice? If so, then Robert Bales should go free, for justice by the Taliban had been served, and it is now the Taliban whom have to answer to the victim families. Would they accept?

I doubt so. Nor would those families of innocents slained by the Taliban accept it.

The Taliban, ultimately will have to be brought to heel, to SUBMIT to the RULE OF LAW, and end their lawlessness, justified by their twisting of a religion of peace that had SOUGHT to end the very barbarism that the Taliban had been conducting today.

The door is open to them for talks with humanity - the children of our common Creator. If the Taliban and every mother's son of an extremist militant refuses, then humanity will send them to hold talks with our Creator directly - FROM THE GRAVE !!. There are more of us whom seek for peace than them, and will never bow to any intimidation in ANY form.

LET THE BLOODSHED END & RULE OF LAW TAKE PLACE!
edit on 28-7-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This is happening on a daily basis under the behest of the US military. Yet when one crazy wacko shoots up someone in a theater its all candles and tears. We Americans are a bunch of hypocrites, we do it to other people without blinking every single damn day, and then when it happens to us its like some sort of pathetic national tragedy. Do I feel bad for the people who died in the theater? Yes absolutely, Just as much as these poor people in Afghanistan to whom US forces are terrorizing on a daily basis.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

That psycho in Colorado was no soldier and the people in the theater weren't war zone occupants and who knows what for loyalties. There is absolutely no comparison, in even the slightest form. Not even passing.

They were both spree killers. A title for charge sheets may be a shared factor....and that is sadly common to so many these days, that detail doesn't mean much.

I agree with ya on as much as I disagree in a general way but we're definitely opposite on this one.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I laugh to myself every time I hear people on ATS talking about the US military having this secret agenda to torture or kill the innocent Afghan people. I spent many many years over the course of many deployments in Afghanistan and not once, ever, was there even talk of doing anything but helping the people there much less some secret orders to mass murder innocent villagers in the night. That is just insane. This was one man, on his own, that was a monster.....plain and simple.
edit on 29-7-2012 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

to all those who CONDEMNED the US and the military, Do spare the hypocrisy.

Robert Bales HAD been taken in custody, and WILL be given a fair trial for justice to be served. This is only the RULE OF LAW, as practised by all CIVILISED nations.

What about the others? Bales might have done the Killlings, but every soldier that was there is an accomplace under the - " RULE OF LAW, as practised by all CIVILISED nations".

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
I laugh to myself every time I hear people on ATS talking about the US military having this secret agenda to torture or kill the innocent Afghan people. I spent many many years over the course of many deployments in Afghanistan and not once, ever, was there even talk of doing anything but helping the people there much less some secret orders to mass murder innocent villagers in the night. That is just insane. This was one man, on his own, that was a monster.....plain and simple.

eye-witnesses disagree with you. i tend to believe them

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

This was one man, on his own, that was a monster.....plain and simple.

Did you watch the video - HE WAS NOT ALONE.

edit on 29-7-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Watching these kids retell their horror...kids don't elaborate like that with such detail. They lived, breathed and experienced horrific actions by the so-called protectors and fighters of freedom...the US Military.

PI$$ on them!

Peace

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

Well, now lets keep perspective here. You're making this as a flat statement of fact and as if there is no question. Settled Science, as it were.

The charges offered few details of what happened that night. But the 38-year-old soldier is accused of walking off his base with his 9mm pistol and M-4 rifle, which was outfitted with a grenade launcher, killing four men, four women, two boys and seven girls and burning some of the bodies. The ages of the children were not disclosed.

In the most detailed descriptions of the shootings to date, the charges say Bales shot a young girl in the head, a young boy in the thigh, a man in the neck and a woman in the chest and groin. The documents also say that he "shot at" another girl and boy, but apparently did not hit them.
Source

As far as actual hard fact goes, that appears to be the start and end of it, right about there. I sure hope that changes as time goes on but by all reports, even HE doesn't remember much.

Now I don't know those Villagers. I've never been there. Unless someone else has, it's impossible to judge credibility but I can imagine they don't think much of ANYTHING American, for obvious reasons. Their motives for being less than credible are plain and clear and even understandable from their side. Regardless, the facts as they appear in actual evidence, thus far, supports his lone action. I spent a bit before writing this making sure nothing new was around in the evidence category and couldn't find anything that changes the above. Oh Well.. So many lives destroyed in that hell hole.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy

Originally posted by billy197300

eye-witnesses disagree with you. i tend to believe them

These wonderful eye witnesses you guys are talking about are an extremely traumatized 8 year old and some guy saying his brothers kids said this and that.......I am more willing to believe the actual Afghan soldiers reports about it just being him walking around by himself....call me crazy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join