It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA to hackers: We’re not prepared for major attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by _R4t_

Still the eloquent type. Put your money where your mouth is. Show me what you can do with this file. What are its contents?

NOCC.zip

In the mean while, return to your Windows desktop, monitor some fiber optic lines and don't try to play in the big leagues. You don't have the skills and you don't have the attitude.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Why would the NSA guy say this at a hacking conference? Its almost like hes trying to get people to start a major hacking attack.

edit on 28-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Because NSA knows they are hack proof for the most part and they want those hackers who are listening to TRY again so they can double check for leaks/ or weak points. If the LHC has the GRID and for the most part the grid is not accessable by most why would the NSA not have their own PRIVATE communications evolved beyond the www, which was a bi product of the LHC design. So its a trap more less.

My 3 cents
edit on 7/30/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Nobody is "hack proof". Social hacking or HUMINT is still the preferred method. That's how most information is gathered and how computer systems are eventually compromised. Breaking into systems takes patience and time.

If they are "hack proof", they should be able to resist Tor's hammer by a couple of doz hosts out there.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
By the way, I thought ATS was for serious folks who want to keep others informed, not trolls with large egos.
I quit the government, because I wanted to serve the people and not be a prostitute for some corporate whores.

edit on 30-7-2012 by Stiglitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Stiglitz

Ok I got you I just feel they have all the best hackers with them already above 12 yrs of age (if they contact them that young) but I agree almost anything is hackable. It does seem like there is a communicaiton conduit if not various versions/systems that cannot be hacked by ANY on EA*RTH but maybe those are related to deeper things below and above EA*RTH.. thanks for helping me see

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

There are good hackers (developers) everywhere. Some of the best don't want to work for the government, because they believe its behavior towards its own citizens and the world is highly unethical.

Protection starts with yourself and some people who are willing to help for free. The rest is for consultants and self-proclaimed experts with an attitude problem.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The best part is: most of the best tools are free and legal.

www.truecrypt.org...
www.keepassx.org...
Google offers 2-factor authentication
www.torproject.org...
jondo
www.hijackthis.de...
www.metasploit.com...
Audit yourself FW

Google around. You'll find a lot more

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stiglitz

There are good hackers (developers) everywhere. Some of the best don't want to work for the government, because they believe its behavior towards its own citizens and the world is highly unethical.

I can understand their mentality in some ways for the govs of EA*RTH have played a more tuff/control roll with many thru time so maybe its in their hacker genes to be cautious, especially if they have seen some of the good stuff you know that sensitive data.

Protection starts with yourself and some people who are willing to help for free.

Yes the white hats 1 has always respected for their deeds (those who REALLY try to help out) Its just wild there is no NEW form of communicating large amounts of data SHARED in the open that would run on a completely different level then the interwebs..

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

By the way, I thought ATS was for serious folks who want to keep others informed, not trolls with large egos.
I quit the government, because I wanted to serve the people and not be a prostitute for some corporate whores.

Huge difference between an A-hole with a big ego and a guy that spots a fake wannabes half a mile away. I disputed every single claims you've made plus given technical corrections to every of them yet you still couldn't deny any of it cuz you didn't know any better.

Facts.

-From your post you don't know TCP/ip
-You don't know how to program all you can do is use others programs.
-You have poor knowledge of networking otherwise you wouldn't of described a "Spoofed MAC address" as a "Untraceable MAC Address" the difference is one is a regular practice the second something that doesn't exist viewed from someone that didn't properly understand what a MAC address is...

TCP/ip is the FIRST thing that anyone learn when you start learning about networking its like trying to get into mechanic without understanding the laws of physic... You have to understand one to get the other.. No body makes those types of mistake unless they just start learning...

If you don't know any of the above you surely didn't work for the government at least not in the computer security field... also you never denied any of my claims all you did was push in some half baked answer that made less sense than the previously disputed one...

PS: I'm a unix system admin and I don't use windows really other than for gaming... I use my own homebrew distro...

Ur just a phony liar that got caught in his game...

Here's some *nix for you...

Stiglitz > /dev/null

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
No computer system is completely safe. Whatever system is the most popular in the world will be the one that hackers will know how to target.

Why would the NSA guy say this at a hacking conference? Its almost like hes trying to get people to start a major hacking attack. That would give the NSA good reason to clamp down on the internet and restrict all our freedoms.

Its clear what the plan is here.

edit on 28-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

LMAO~! my first thought as well.

yeeeeah .. like the hackers/crackers don't know what's up LOL ..
edit on 30-7-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by _R4t_

Crack my file and show me what's in it, rather than changing the subject.
I don't have time to deal with 14 year old trolls.

I have all LPI certifications. And no, I didn't work in the computer field. It was much more interesting than that.

/dev/null is all you seem to know and is about the size of your brain.

Here is some code from my own WiFi honeypot:

#!/usr/bin/perl
$|=1;
$count = 0;
$pid = $$;
while () [
chomp $_;
if ($_ =~ /(.*.jpg)/i) [
$url = $1;
system("/usr/bin/wget", "-q", "-O","/space/WebPages/images/$pid-$count.jpg", "$url");
system("/usr/bin/mogrify", "-flip","/space/WebPages/images/$pid-$count.jpg");
print "http://127.0.0.1/images/$pid-$count.jpgn";
]
elsif ($_ =~ /(.*.gif)/i) [
$url = $1;
system("/usr/bin/wget", "-q", "-O","/space/WebPages/images/$pid-$count.gif", "$url");
system("/usr/bin/mogrify", "-flip","/space/WebPages/images/$pid-$count.gif");
print "http://127.0.0.1/images/$pid-$count.gifn";

]
else [
print "$_n";;
]
$count++;
]

It's amazing what kind of information people give away, so somebody should warn them. You're just upset, because if people used proper security, you would not be able to sniff their traffic. It's probably what you do all day long. Peaking around in somebody's private stuff where you don't belong.

I am not refuting anything you say, because it's rather self-evident. Yes, I've read the very basic literature: Tanenbaum, the 7 layers of the OSI model, routing protocols, UDP, TCP, etc. triple yawn.

If a user changes his/her MAC address the proper way, modifies his/her user agent parameters and connects to a WiFi spot, you cannot trace the manufacturer or the sale. That's a fact. Plain and simple. That makes it "untraceable". I was using that adjective because not everybody is an "expert" like you in worldwide domination and control.

If you can see everything like you're suggesting (and you are obviously going through a lot of trouble to make people believe you), I propose that everybody just switches over to plaintext protocols. They are a lot faster and save plenty of bandwidth.

And again, send my file from A to B and tell me what's inside. Post its contents here and nobody will ever doubt your expertise again.

PS: Sorry for the lack of indentation.

edit on 31-7-2012 by Stiglitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

A crop circle signature?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

A hacker = a dev
A cracker = some stupid kid who downloads a program to crack software and ends up infecting his own computer, which then becomes part of a botnet.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

reply to post by _R4t_

Crack my file and show me what's in it, rather than changing the subject.
I don't have time to deal with 14 year old trolls.

I have all LPI certifications. And no, I didn't work in the computer field.

/dev/null is all you seem to know and is about the size of your brain.

Here is some code from my own WiFi honeypot:

#!/usr/bin/perl
$|=1;
$count = 0;
$pid = $$;
while () [
chomp $_;
if ($_ =~ /(.*.jpg)/i) [
$url = $1;
system("/usr/bin/wget", "-q", "-O","/space/WebPages/images/$pid-$count.jpg", "$url");
system("/usr/bin/mogrify", "-flip","/space/WebPages/images/$pid-$count.jpg");
print "http://127.0.0.1/images/$pid-$count.jpgn";
]
elsif ($_ =~ /(.*.gif)/i) [
$url = $1;
system("/usr/bin/wget", "-q", "-O","/space/WebPages/images/$pid-$count.gif", "$url");
system("/usr/bin/mogrify", "-flip","/space/WebPages/images/$pid-$count.gif");
print "http://127.0.0.1/images/$pid-$count.gifn";

]
else [
print "$_n";;
]
$count++;
]

I read till wget and I figured your # out...I code C, Python, PHP, Perl and assembly...

BTW I KNEW you had to steal this from somewhere cuz the code at first sight has nothing to do with wifi its wget queries... a little google found this...

www.ex-parrot.com...

You can't even write a BASIC PERL SCRIPT YOURSELF!!!!!!! you didn't write this # again... This has nothing to do with a Honey Pot... Those codes doesn't even have anything to do with wifi... the only place this could be used is in a MITM/Evil AP setup to force HTML queries redirected through some lame ethercap filters...

Your pathetic... now I know for a fact you don't know # I'm not even replying anymore its past the funny point its where I start to feel bad for you trying to cling to a made up BS story and just not coming clean...

Don't come to ATS with BS made up stories... not here... there's people here that knows their sh!t and will call you out on it... Its not about being A-Holes its about finding the truth and we're DAMN GOOD AT IT!

If you plan on staying act like an adult and not a wannabe kid trying to impress people with made up stuff without having the meat to back up your claims we see this dozens of times a day... And I'm telling you YOU WILL GET CALLED on anything that sounds sketchy...

Have a nice life...

edit on 31-7-2012 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Oh and your LPI claim is also bs... not that its impressive its a linux intro course... its pretty much "Linux for dummies.."

But... it still talks about TCP/ip

www.knowledgestep.net...

Networking

LPI Objectives Covered
IPv4 Fundamentals
TCP/IP Fundamentals
Enabling IPv6

If you had a LPI has per above LPI does include basic TCP/IP and this is REALLY BASIC you would of known the basic components of a packet and that the payload has nothing to do with the ip header containing the infos for the source/destination host and would of never said something like "If you encrypt the payload you can't see sh!t no more..." cuz the payload has nothing to do with the IP header...

Lies...lies...lies or get a refund...

edit on 31-7-2012 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by _R4t_

OR i could just pwn ur sorry rear and crack a beer open and pop some popcorn while watching ur desktop live....

Please do. I'm online...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by _R4t_
the payload has nothing to do with the ip header containing the infos for the source/destination host and would of never said something like "If you encrypt the payload you can't see sh!t no more..." cuz the payload has nothing to do with the IP header...

I never claimed the opposite.

You obviously need a source and destination address to route traffic. Why should I even dignify that with an answer?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

You can't even write a BASIC PERL SCRIPT YOURSELF!!!!!!! you didn't write this # again... This has nothing to do with a Honey Pot... Those codes doesn't even have anything to do with wifi... the only place this could be used is in a MITM/Evil AP setup to force HTML queries redirected through some lame ethercap filters..

I never claimed I wrote this code myself. I said it's running on one of my WiFi routers (which is a honey pot as well) for fun. You saw the site, so you know what it does.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Then they"ll match your outgoing traffic to one of the attacking machines they know caused the attack and will stumble in ur house at 4am sticking shotguns up your ass... By the time you understand what happen they'll have hooked a switchblade to ur machine to drop the content of your RAM and will bring this to forensic analyst so that your ssh key can be recovered...once its recivered they'll apply it to the raw data they had from us to make it completely unencrypted...

I suppose you heard of shred, srm and dd and how they can be used to securely wipe memory and drives?
If somebody tries to get into my house, they should be prepared for somebody who's willing to give up his own life.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Don't come to ATS with BS made up stories... not here... there's people here that knows their sh!t and will call you out on it... Its not about being A-Holes its about finding the truth and we're DAMN GOOD AT IT!

I found a few vulnerabilities in the ACS system. It went all the way up to the head of the State Dept. That's how secure the government is. You're not as good as you would like the world to believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join