It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama backs race-based school discipline policies

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Who is talking about slavery?
anyone suggesting reparations.

I'm talking about current day.
and so are those demanding reparations.

And the African man was a former slave "indentured servant" himself...who then went on to own a slave.

indentured servitude and slavery are not synonymous.

slavery was initiated by the first slave owner, a black man.
as you would have to indicate a state or region to properly answer the remainder of this question, but, i will remind you that a large majority of slave magnates (holders of the many) were indeed black men.

who said every small business will be a success ??
not i
and, i'm not discussing banking in a thread about racial punishments.

well, if you don't believe the only remedy should be provided by the government ... then what exactly ?

again, this thread isn't about government corruption, rather the corrupted opinion of one man, only this time he's mixed.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Look just to clarify, the plan Obama is endorsing is asinine, and I feel people of all races should agree with that.

I am just saying moving out an area can be more difficult than you might think.

If just for the sake of arguement I admit people could move, children still wouldn't be able to do so. So Im not going to say they are getting what they deserve because theyre lazy.

And back on topic, the children are the ones that will be most diserviced by this plan, as they will learn that they are different and will be given handouts their entire life.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grambler

My friends aunt lives in lint Michigan. Shes a white lady in her 80's, and a widow. About ten years ago because the situation in Flint is so bad, low income housing popped up all around her.
Your comparing the plight of AA's to the situation of a woman in her eighties, in a town that the economy dryed up in.

If you don't see the stark difference, then nothing said on these pages will enlighten you.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Grambler

Problem is, he is not just endorsing it...he already signed one of his handy dandy executive orders...now someone has to take the time to fix it because it calls for new "departments" and whatever else comes along with his brilliant ideas.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
EXECUTIVE ORDER

- - - - - - -

WHITE HOUSE INITIATIVE ON EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE
FOR AFRICAN AMERICANS

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, to restore the country to its role as the global leader in education, to strengthen the Nation by improving educational outcomes for African Americans of all ages, and to help ensure that all African Americans receive an education that properly prepares them for college, productive careers, and satisfying lives, it is hereby ordered as follows:
Section 1. Policy. Over the course of America's history, African American men and women have strengthened our Nation, including by leading reforms, overcoming obstacles, and breaking down barriers. In the less than 60 years since the Brown v. Board of Education decision put America on a path toward equal educational opportunity, America's educational system has undergone a remarkable transformation, and many African American children who attended the substandard segregated schools of the 1950s have grown up to see their children attend integrated elementary and secondary schools, colleges, and universities. However, substantial obstacles to equal educational opportunity still remain in America's educational system. African Americans lack equal access to highly effective teachers and principals, safe schools, and challenging college-preparatory classes, and they disproportionately experience school discipline and referrals to special education. African American student achievement not only lags behind that of their domestic peers by an average of two grade levels, but also behind students in almost every other developed nation. Over a third of African American students do not graduate from high school on time with a regular high school diploma, and only four percent of African American high school graduates interested in college are college-ready across a range of subjects. An even greater number of African American males do not graduate with a regular high school diploma, and African American males also experience disparate rates of incarceration.
Significantly improving the educational outcomes of African Americans will provide substantial benefits for our country by, among other things, increasing college completion rates, productivity, employment rates, and the number of African American teachers. Enhanced educational outcomes lead to more productive careers, improved economic opportunity, and greater social well-being for all Americans. Complementing the role of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) in preparing generations of African American students for successful careers, and the work of my Administration's separate White House Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities, this new Initiative's focus on improving all the sequential levels of education will produce a more effective educational continuum for all African American students.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Here it is...you can all read it.....I posted the beginning and the link to the rest on the White House website....even the Title of it reeks...

This isn't his first either, he signed one for college back in 2010.
edit on 28-7-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian
America for the first time in its slavery ridden history finally has to face up to what she has done. What you are witnessing today is the legacy of slavery and its coming time to acknowledge that the "Piper must be paid" and paying the piper is exactly what is happening. The American people ELECTED Obama so that this could come about because a WHITE government would never have accomplished it and the American voting public was well aware of that fact.

The legacy of slavery is very broad and very deep............its still within the psyche of American blacks to this very day, but more importantly its still within the psyche of American whites. This is a major reason why black Americans ‘seem to be’ so "unfortunate" or make up the major portion of the under class culture in America. Just look around in your cities and you will see the major aspects of SLAVERY manifesting itself everywhere - in crime - in poor housing - poor education and the list goes on and on...........and the WHITES are directly responsible because THEY THEMSELVES have also inherited the evil legacy of SLAVERY.............Its PAYBACK TIME like it or not.

I am white BTW and I am willing to face the responsibility for what has happened in America because of my inheritance – so its about time I faced up to that awful reality………..so might the rest of you smug whites.

edit on 28-7-2012 by Vitruvian because: editing

So, we have to pay for something that happened 150 years ago? If you take those blinders off, we are all wage slaves. Work to get money to buy things from the company we work for. Basically giving their money right back to them, at a much higher price than it took to make it. Must be a burden carrying all that "white man's guilt" around. I didn't do it, I'm not paying for it.
edit on 28-7-2012 by DAVID64 because: correct spelling

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y

And the offer is still open to anyone who wants to provide links to any civilization that has recovered from tyranny and oppression in two generations, after having their humanity, culture, happiness, and identity seized. 40 years. 2 generations.

Thats sort of a loaded question. Define "recovered" I would say that any civilization thats undergone any tyranny probably always remembers it, so they never fully recover. The problem is thats pretty much everybody. So are we to say that all bad behavior by all people is justified so long as they can point to some abuse that occured to their culture?

What I did show you was that AA's who went through slavery and the civil rights lived productive lives, and they were living through the abuse. I have never heard of one incident where any people of those times used there situation as an excuse for nonjustified violent behavior.

Even Malcom X who advocated violence did so as a means to achieve equality. He would have never said that it was ok for AAs to harm each other or innocents because they were traumatized.

If they could do it, why now 40 years later is it supposedly MORE difficult for people because of just the memory of those events. again, this seems like a slap in the face to those people.

Also, you didn't answer, but I assume you agree with the plan that Obama is endorsing. I again ask, how with this help the healing of the AA culture? Can't you see its just another excuse to further divide people?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Bottom line from me, is that if Blacks want the same things as Whites , they have to stop asking to be treated differently.

No more "special " programs based on color.

No more "allowances" given on skin color.

No more excuses.

Rosa Parks on the Bus was over 55 years ago, and still the excuses for Black problems exist.

"If your life sucks, change it"

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Problem is, he is not just endorsing it...he already signed one of his handy dandy executive orders...now someone has to take the time to fix it because it calls for new "departments" and whatever else comes along with his brilliant ideas.

Yeah thats even worse. Make no mistake, I think Obama is extremly corrupt and this Order is ridiculous. More divisiveness so that we may be conquered easier.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

ah sorry, didn't realize you were such a youngin'.

so, ok ... let's agree things are not as good as they should be.
let's also agree that more than one reason is to fault.

and if possible, let's try to agree that we the people are inherently better equipped and tasked with the duty to change it, not the government.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Your comparing the plight of AA's to the situation of a woman in her eighties, in a town that the economy dryed up in.

If you don't see the stark difference, then nothing said on these pages will enlighten you.

You said anyone living in a ghetto is just being lazy, I showed an example. It seems you only blame black people who live in the ghetto? Hmmm...

Bottom line from me, is that if Blacks want the same things as Whites , they have to stop asking to be treated differently.

No more "special " programs based on color.

No more "allowances" given on skin color.

No more excuses.

Rosa Parks on the Bus was over 55 years ago, and still the excuses for Black problems exist.

"If your life sucks, change it"

I agree with this. All these programs seem to accomplish is to divide the populace.

I just think that you also have to make sure not to do negative programs etc., to a specific race. I.e. don't call an entire race lazy. This seems to me to be just as bad.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grambler

I just think that you also have to make sure not to do negative programs etc., to a specific race. I.e. don't call an entire race lazy. This seems to me to be just as bad.
The OP wrote that blacks basically are in the situation they are in today, basically as a result of Slavery hangover, I was responding in the same generalized text.

Of course all blacks aren't lazy, but those folks aren't the ones wanting special treatment, are they.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Thank you for posting that. I just read the entire thing but am seeing nothing about what this thread claiming.

Can you help me find the specific part that mentions blacks can only be disciplined in the same amount as whites etc.?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think it comes down to the imaginary concept of "equality" being paired with the reality that it is easier to destroy rather than to create.

Fools want everything and everyone to be "equal." The best approach is to beat everyone and everything down to the lowest common denominator.

You cant make everyone a genius but you can make all the geniuses dumb. You cant make everyone behave themselves but you can make all the well-behaved into felons. You can't make all the poor wealthy but you can make all the wealthy poor.

Vonneguts Harrison Bergeron.

What a twisted post and also talking about equality in a twisted way, or at least actually I would have say this legislation is doing that.

We are very much equal in principal, and anything to the contrary is a major crime against humanity.

BUT, we're living in a hellish unequal pyramid system and the fall out of the poverty and crimes and trauma children are growing up in is having a huge affect.

Now the slave masters don't want to bring about equality and the venus project and everyone living well in abuandance. NO WAY. They want to force equality down to the criminal level of ignoring the crimes and deviancy that results from the lack of equality.

And you're playing with this theory because you love the inequality system too.

A big rasberry to everyone who doesnt understand not only the crime of inequality, from cradle to birth. But that we all are equal and this is the worst way things could be done ever.

But it takes doing that to get off this planet. That is a warning. People who really support inequality are hurting themselves in the end.

And it doesnt matter how many star your post versus mine, the real stars come on the other side of life.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

The OP wrote that blacks basically are in the situation they are in today, basically as a result of Slavery hangover, I was responding in the same generalized text.

Of course all blacks aren't lazy, but those folks aren't the ones wanting special treatment, are they.

This is my last post on this because I don't want to derail the thread. If you want to pm me to discuss further, Id be cool with that.

The OP didn't say that. In fact the OP agrees with me and you that this executive order is a bad idea. Someone esle did say that though. But lets look at your first comment here;

After reading thru this thread, I felt the need to Vomit.

Excuses for behavior for one sector of the population over another.

Let's start telling the Truth and throw PC out the window.

Blacks are in the Position they are in because they are Lazy and hate to work.

Hate to work hard for their money as I do.

Hate to work hard in school to better themselves.

because they are Lazy, and look for the easy way out, which is usually Crime.

You didnt say some blacks. You insuated the entire race. Yes there was one person claiming perhaps blacks shouldn't be held to the same standards as everyone else. But does that justify you calling all of them lazy?

If you truly didn't mean that, then I suggest you be a little more careful next time, because even though we agree that the order given in the OP is bad, I makes me cringe because it looks like you motivation for disliking it is racists. All this does is give ammo to the opposition, and detract from the issue at hand.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Nope, I wrote what I feel.

Edit time is still valid , and not gonna happen.

If you feel the need to be a white apoligist for something that happened 150 years ago, have at it.

I am quite comfortable with giving every person , of any race, equal opportunity. But wont make excuses for the

failures of any race, based on things that happened 2 centuries ago.

The US is a big Pie, if you want a slice, step up to the table, don't cry your chair wasn't there, 150 years ago.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Ugh, I lied, I guess I will post again on this.

Nope, I wrote what I feel.

Edit time is still valid , and not gonna happen.

Kay, you said all black people are lazy. Im merely suggesting this detracts from your other points by making you look irrational.

If you feel the need to be a white apoligist for something that happened 150 years ago, have at it.

How am I being an apologist? By not being a racists that says all black people are lazy? Again, I agree that the order outlined in the OP is bad, so where am I being an apologist.

I am quite comfortable with giving every person , of any race, equal opportunity. But wont make excuses for the

failures of any race, based on things that happened 2 centuries ago.

The US is a big Pie, if you want a slice, step up to the table, don't cry your chair wasn't there, 150 years ago.

Agreed. But that doesn't mean you have to think all black people are lazy.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Judging from the majority of the responses here in this "patently racist" thread I think racism is alive and well in America......and if it continues on the same path........woe to the USA. I told you people before - its comuppance time........."attention must be paid" - if not you will suffer the consequences and "YOU" = ---> obstinate power hungry whites.

BTW........most whites I know pretend all is well with the blacks. They will even associate in a friendly manner - meanwhile as soon as he walks away you racists start whispering the "N - Word" under your breath, and of course always behind their backs because most racists are cowardly. I have seen it time and again.

They might do it too but I am addressing 'you' here in this thread because the burden is yours for all the wrongs done over all these many many years.
edit on 28-7-2012 by de_Genova because: editing

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

anyone suggesting reparations.

I wasn't talking about reparations. No one was, I have no clue why you are saying this to me. It's not even a popular idea.

and so are those demanding reparations.

You need to worry about all the white bankers/corporate heads giving themselves bailouts with tax money again because black people are never going to get reparations.

well, if you don't believe the only remedy should be provided by the government ... then what exactly ?

Community based approach. The US government is too big, should be disbanded in little governments the size of counties.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

150 years ago? Do you think racial discrimination ended after the civil war was over? No. Have you never heard of the civil rights movement. Racism is still on going...

Yeah, ok. That's why there is the biggest welath gap in the country to ever be right now. All 99% of Americans are lazy right.

edit on 28-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join