Obama backs race-based school discipline policies

page: 3
49
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Uhhh, maybe you should try going to a ghetto school and see what it is like. There is a reason that the graduation rates are so low...it is a hell hole that does not educate people.



Move out of the Ghetto.

Problem solved.




posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides
 


Brilliant, just... brilliant.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides
 


Uhhh, children cannot choose where they are born. And most of their parents cannot afford to move out of the ghetto or they would. No one WANTS to live there unless you are some sort of crackhead.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
reply to post by Tw0Sides
 


Brilliant, just... brilliant.

Thanks .

I'm not a racist, I'm a Realist.

You want more truths?

I'm up for it, are you?



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Tw0Sides
 


Uhhh, children cannot choose where they are born. And most of their parents cannot afford to move out of the ghetto or they would. No one WANTS to live there unless you are some sort of crackhead.

Kinda goes back to my "too lazy to work" post, doesn't it?

If me and my kids were in a ghetto, I would work 5 jobs to change that, would you?



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides
 


I don't care for 'your truth' brother. I care for 'the truth'.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides
 


To be a realist you have no common sense.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Tw0Sides
 


To be a realist you have no common sense.

Reality isn't always what makes sense, but it's the way things are.

You life is in the crapper, change it.

Don't whine about what happened 150 years ago.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
seems that Oblamo forgot that the first American to hold a slave was a black man ... so, logically, without that Black man, we wouldn't have experienced slavery.
Obama should go back to the books and get the education that we paid for !!



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
You dont know what it feels like to be one of the only white kids in an all minority school. I remember the Donna St Crips walkin around our school yard fence everyday while I was out on recess. White kid such as myself had to adapt, it was that simple. Yea I got messed with, but not for long. I stood up for myself countless times during that period. On top of it, I stayed in school eventhough I hated a lot of it, and I did what I had to do to NOT become a loser. Many others chose a different route.They decided school and work wasnt as important as slangin rocks.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y


Now with that in mind, how long do you think it will take a group of people to get over centuries of emotional, intellectual, physical, mental and spiritual abuse?


I see what you are getting at, and trust me, I will in no way try to belittle the abuses that occured to African Americans. But I think that we can both agree that although there still may be pain and scars, the people that actually lived through slavery undoubtly had it worse. So even if you think the wounds aren't completely healed, at least we can agree that time has allowed that process to start.

I bring this up because as I will get to below I am troubled by your sentiment that AA's have no choice but to be law breaking, violent, etc. now because of this. This is a huge diservice to the actual AA's who went through slavery and went on to lead productive, nonviolent lives.

Im sure I don't have to tell you, but there is a lot of resources describing just how hard working and ingenius these people were, despite all of the disadvantages society heaped on them. They didn't use there situation as an excuse, they achieved in spite of it. So to now claim people of today have no choice but to be violent is to me a slap in the face of some of the greatest people to ever live in this country.


African American abuse is generational. That's why it's so despicable and abhorrent. It didn't stop with one generation. The abuse went on and on for generations. And do we not as humans adapt to survive? When the abuser keeps telling the abused that they are crazy, what do you think the abused will think over time?

So when for centuries, the white man calls the black man an animal, lower than human, sub-human... all these things, and no one is there to object to the notion, or to reassure the black man of his humanity, what do you think the black man will think? He is an animal. When the white man of antiquity continuously berates the black man and calls him an animal not worthy of the joys and benefits of education. Unfit for academics, what do you think the black man will do, after being told for generations and taught from their parents for generations that they are inferior? You think he's going to strut out with his chest high ready to take on the world?


Your treading a dangerous line. I could easily see the last paragraph you wrote being said by a member of the KKK. Blacks today are animals? Wow. Although the generational abuse was bad, I think that it is a falsity to say this makes violent behavior inevetible.

I know this sounds cliche, but I know black people who are law abiding hard working people, they certianly aren't animals. Yet according to your argument, anyone in that community has it ingrained in them to be an animal.

And you know what, almost everyone of my black friends have told me stories of racism that they themselves have undergone. Im not so naive to think that it doesn't exist. But they would never use that as an excuse to be allowed to be hurtful to people who have done nothing wrong.




I'm not saying let's take it to the white man because the white man of today is not responsible for this, but do not cover your eyes. Open them and realize that the whites of antiquity committed the worst form of abuse in the history of mankind... generational abuse. And understand, like the person who is abused by the narcissist or the sociopath, that it will take more than 50 years of counseling and some legislation for AA's to put this atrocity behind them.



So what do you suggest then in regards to the OP? That AA students be allowed to be abusive and not get punished for it? Do you really think that will allow the healing process to begin?

I think that this would be a grave injustice to these students, as instead of working hard to achieve their goals, they will be taught at an early age that they are different and everything would be handed to them.

Come to think of it, this would be an excellent way for racist to further keep the AA community down, teach them they are not the same as everybody and can't achieve on their own, so they have to be given a hand by authority figures.

I think its disgusting and I will chose to believe that despite differnces between the races, we are all human and all capable of achieving greatness without hand outs from authority figures.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides




Move out of the Ghetto.

Problem solved.


Thats a very ignorant statement. Although by many standards my family would have been considered poor, I think that we were far better off financially than people living in a ghetto.

My dad lost his job and we attempted to move, and you know what, it was almost impossible. It is very expensive to move, and also very difficult to find work and such in an area you don't know.

Now picture alls you've known your whole life is a ghetto. Where arre you going to go? How will you pay for it?
And another problem, when you get to where your going you may have to deal with close minded people like you've exhibited on this thread that may think your lazy or shifty just because your skin color or where you came from.

Using your logic, why don't starving people in third world countries just move out?

I don't know if you've noticed lately, but the way our countrys going there aren't a whole lot of jobs avaiable.
Theres a good chance you might see "ghettos" popping up all over the place. I just hope your fortunate enough to not have this be where you live.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides
 



Kinda goes back to my "too lazy to work" post, doesn't it?


No, it doesn't. Most black people in the ghetto have jobs, the are just low-paying. Along with all the other races there.

It takes a lot of money to save up to be able to move... especially if you're living paycheck to paycheck. You're speaking from some elitist view when it is clear you have no idea what you are even talking about. But you'll probably go on about some fake story about how you used to be poor.

Banks created the ghettos through redlining anyway, not black people.
edit on 28-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grambler

Originally posted by Tw0Sides




Move out of the Ghetto.

Problem solved.


Thats a very ignorant statement. Although by many standards my family would have been considered poor, I think that we were far better off financially than people living in a ghetto.

My dad lost his job and we attempted to move, and you know what, it was almost impossible. It is very expensive to move, and also very difficult to find work and such in an area you don't know.

Now picture alls you've known your whole life is a ghetto. Where arre you going to go? How will you pay for it?
And another problem, when you get to where your going you may have to deal with close minded people like you've exhibited on this thread that may think your lazy or shifty just because your skin color or where you came from.

Using your logic, why don't starving people in third world countries just move out?

I don't know if you've noticed lately, but the way our countrys going there aren't a whole lot of jobs avaiable.
Theres a good chance you might see "ghettos" popping up all over the place. I just hope your fortunate enough to not have this be where you live.
More excuses , excuses , excuses.
If as you say, people are "trapped " in ghetto's.

Then do something to make it a better place to live.

Stop crapping in your own backyard, and fix the problems.

Wont happen though, (see my post about laziness).



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides
 


So all the people with low income jobs in the ghetto are lazy now...makes sense because they are usually the most labor intensive jobs.




posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Tw0Sides
 


So all the people with low income jobs in the ghetto are lazy now...makes sense because they are usually the most labor intensive jobs.

I'm not trolling .

You are the one insulting my common sense , and putting up signs saying such.

I am answering your replies with truths that go against what you believe.

You have no response to my truths, so you pull out slanderous pics.

If the kitchens too hot , leave.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I live paycheck to paycheck. I also pay myself.

Most people havent learned that concept yet.

Anyone can move out of the ghetto, all you have to do is stop doing what you are doing, cause it is obviously not working.

Bad decisions not only effect you, but others around you. Even people with minimum wage jobs can make their lives better by working hard and saving little by little. Most people dont even make a real budget for themselves.
I cut my spending down in areas of my cost of living from 50-75 percent just by making wiser decisions on the things I buy.

Do I really need that Nike Hat? Do I really need to pay $5 a day eating crap food while out at work? Do I need to spend another 3 on soft drinks and 4 on junk food? Do I really need to be living where I am? Is the payoff worth it?
Where am I buying my groceries? Should I get that brand new GM truck that has 20 mpg(but its badass) or can I get something with better gas mileage? Do I have to spend $5 a day on the bus or just buy a $65 month pass?
Do I need to eat Cheez its instead of cheese rips?......you get the point.

Or you can just let society get a hold of you and tell you what to spend your money on and how you should be living.

Race has nothing to do with numbers.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Tw0Sides
 



Kinda goes back to my "too lazy to work" post, doesn't it?


No, it doesn't. Most black people in the ghetto have jobs, the are just low-paying. Along with all the other races there.

It takes a lot of money to save up to be able to move... especially if you're living paycheck to paycheck. You're speaking from some elitist view when it is clear you have no idea what you are even talking about. But you'll probably go on about some fake story about how you used to be poor.

Banks created the ghettos through redlining anyway, not black people.
edit on 28-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)
while i won't disagree with your points here, i still have one question you seem to avoid rather answer ... so i'll try again.
how did the pioneers (before government) get from point A to point B ??
most of them didn't even have "paycheks".

the point you refuse to accept is that most "in the ghetto" are comfortable with their serfdom and until that changes, nothing will.

ETA: before you say there were no AA pioneers, i offer this ... afgen.com...
edit on 28-7-2012 by Honor93 because: ETA



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke
 
I think one of the major problems with inner city schools is that poor and middle-class children that can't afford private schooling are forced to stay in failing schools. I definitely think non-unionized charter schools and public school voucher programs would allow many children to escape these failed institutions.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke
 
Tw0Sides is definitely not going after your feelings, therefore, NOT trolling. Now as far as the TRUTH hurting you that is completely different.. but still NOT trolling.

I read your opinions in many different threads.. I do not agree with most of what you say because when it comes to race, you seem to have only one view.. an AA view. Anyone else who has a different opinion is either a troll, or an elitist.

Can't you see? Your attitude is mainly the reason things are the way they are in AA's... the first step in fixing a problem is recognizing there is one.. it starts with you.

edit on 28-7-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)





new topics
top topics
 
49
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join