It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Harvard Study Confirms: Fluoride Lowers IQ

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I was in a motorcycle accident last year and spent the entire year in hospitals. I was discharged in june. The year prior I lived in India and drank local well water and bottled water. I basically did not brush my teeth with tooth paste for the entire two years. I went to the dentist a couple weeks ago and had only one cavity and that was from a chip caused from the accident.....fluoride is bad. It was made legal and encouraged because 1) it is the main byproduct of aluminum manufacturing and 2) it DOES dumb the populous down.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by demongoat
the title of this thread is a lie, that "study" doesn't confirm fluoride lowers IQ, it says it might possibly cause at high levels cause lowering of IQ.
of course no where does it say how high the fluoride needs to be to cause it, and it isn't even sure that the correlation is even strong enough to be the causation or not.
anything is toxic at too high levels anyway, even water.

then again this is what i've come to expect here, biased reports with no critical examinations.

No they are talking about "high fluoridated areas" This means places that already exist at those high levels. Upon further research you will find this describes most of the USA. People are ALREADY being exposed to these high levels. Our IQs are ALREADY being affected. SUBMIT! Submit... Submit...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Thank you, thank you for posting this.

I am seriously going to make an appointment with the director of our public utilities board and show him this study.

We have to start fighting back.

We should all be contacting the people in charge of our local water supply.

Come on, folks! Actions speak louder than words.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
There's a bunch of sites that support fluoride maybe we should go around and start fighting the information being fed to children who are the most affected. But yeah anyone who doesn't think fluoride is dangerous should seriously # off, it's those kind of people who even keep this bull # around. Oh and you guys better drop toothpaste/fluoride, you're just supporting the evil sons of bitches when you buy a tube (I've been off toothpaste for quite a while, it's not #ing hard to make sure your teeth is clean without the use of deadly poisons.)

Cigarettes/alcohol are legal, yet the government is concerned about our teeth? CMON think for a #ing second.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
There's a great book on this:

The Flouride Deception.

Unbelievable the way TBTB got this into our drinking supply.

Check this out:

www.democracynow.org...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

I think we can do better than a press release from "NYS Coalition Opposed to Fluoridation, Inc." Here is the article. Note that the researches targeted rural China, and that the fluoridation levels under discussion are much more than the amount recommended by the EPA (although sometimes within the maximum range allowable, which is being revised).

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
good post, I read somewhere that fluoride can inhibit your pineal glan. may i ask where in pa you are from, I am in new jersey but very close to pa.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
My dentist at the VA hospital I go to for healthcare has prescribed prescription strength fluoride toothpaste to use between my teeth to prevent me from having them pulled due to gum disease...The good news is that it doesn't look like my teeth will need to be pulled... The bad news is that I am loosing my ability to think and becoming very forgetful... I used to post here quite often and received applause on many occasions for my post... I left the keys in the ignition of our truck without switching it off, made a salad for lunch and put the lettuce in the freezer and put on loafers and went to town and didn't notice I the loafers were from two different pairs that were different in color.. It is impossible for me to remember and more than dial three digits of a phone number at a time before having to look at the next three on paper... I have backed my tractor out of the barn twice with the overhead door not raised enough to clear the roll bar... There are more things that things that will occur to me later but I think these things will suffice in getting my point across ... I use very little of the toothpaste on tiny brushes that fit between my teeth before going to bed and was told not to rinse my mouth out so the stuff would work...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The pineal gland and IQ are not the only things affected by artificial fluoridation.

The thyroid is also besieged. It's no coincidence that countries with fluoridated water all have much higher hypo-hypothyroidism (under-active thyroid) rates. The most visual side effect of this being obesity. In America even many pets have thyroid problems. www.fluoridealert.org... The average daily intake of fluoride, in fluoridated areas, is enough to cause hypo-thyrodism.

But just knowing the history of water fluoridation is enough to be concerned. It comes from the Nazis. They added it to the water supplies in concentration camps and prisons to make the people more docile, dumb and controllable. At least read the first 3 paragraphs.
truth11.com...
Public water fluoridation was adopted in America after the war, but it wasn't entirely the US government's idea.

The Money
It's still a waste product of aluminum, fertilizer, and weapons manufacturers today as it was during WWII. What should set off a red flag is that fluoride isn't allowed to be dumped into the ocean because it's considered too poisonous - yet they trickle it into your water supplies. There's huge profits in this scandal as industries sell fluoride (their waste) with a 20,000% markup. Pharmaceutical companies have then made trillions from selling medications for glandular, bone, growth, sleep and hormone problems caused by water fluoridation. Keep in mind from the earlier link that it was the company ALCOA, a leading manufacturer of aluminum (and thus fluoride), who originally performed/funded the dental studies to show that fluoride is "good for your teeth".

"The ‘dental caries prevention myth’ associated with fluoride, originated in the United States in 1939, when a scientist named Gerald J. Cox, employed by ALCOA, the largest producer of toxic fluoride waste and at the time being threatened by fluoride damage claims, fluoridated some lab rats, concluded that fluoride reduced cavities and claimed that it should be added to the nation’s water supplies."

It's all about money and control. Always is.

Everyone should read these two letters.
One is from Albert Einstein's nephew, a POW of WWII and brilliant chemist. He comments on fluoride, calling it treason. Another is from a scientist who confirms it was a Nazi plan.
rense.com...
edit on 29-7-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

Lol. I'm definitely watching "Dr. Strangelove" today, since the fluoridation of water is a communist plot to stain the purity of our precious bodily fluids

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Americans must main vein fluoride!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Corporate Providence

I'm from Philly.. it's not bad enough the water is fluoridated, there is a bunch of other crap:

www.philebrity.com...
articles.philly.com...
hosted.ap.org...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
There's a great book on this:

The Flouride Deception.

Unbelievable the way TBTB got this into our drinking supply.

Check this out:

www.democracynow.org...

That is a great book, it should be required reading for everyone.
It really goes into detail about the whole process of convincing the public to swallow the fluoride lie (pun intended), as well as TPTB's reason to do so.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
For a moment I thought the thread title said Florida lowers IQ.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
You know the effects they are talking about are in areas like India and china where the levels are over 20 times the amount in the west. This is due to the pollution allowed in the rivers. It would help if you went and read the academic paper before thinking you have some proof.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
No joke:

When I was a kid, I moved half way through grade 4 quite a distance to a smaller town in northern Alberta, Canada. I was immediately caught off guard when I arrived at my new school by the fact we had to wash our mouths with fluoride every morning.

Not even stretching the truth here. The school secretary would come by every class room with a tray full of little plastic cups filled with a concentrated fluoride mixture, and we'd have to rinse with it every morning, and then spit it back in the cup (despite the fact our parents were encouraging dental hygiene at home, and most of us had already just finished brushing our teeth with fluoridated tooth paste). I remember swallowing it by accident the odd time.

Most of us didn't want to do it, but we had no choice. It was fluoride or detention.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
They said high fluoride. Almost everything's toxic in high quantities, even water can kill people in high amounts.

So what you're saying is, since even the least toxic known chemical compound (water) can be fatal at 90mg/kg of body weight, we should be ok with a much more toxic compound being added to our drinking water (sodium fluoride, fatal at 5mg/kg)? I'm having a hard time understanding the logic.

Even if fluoridation was proven to be better than proper nutrition (I.e. Proper amounts of calcium-magneisum, etc.), is the extremely high toxicity worth the risk, simply because by chugging gallons of water quickly one can die? By that logic, if plutonium helped reduce "bad" cholesterol, we should place a nugget of it in everyone's palm.

6 years of reverse-osmosis water (fluoride free) and fluoride-free toothpaste, and zero cavities in my family since. And they weren't even talking about ridiculously high doses, the study showed that those in higher-fluorkdation areas had lower IQs than those in lower fluoridation areas.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious
Americans must main vein fluoride!

Hardee-har-har...with a comment like that, I'm guessing you've been swallowing Colgate for far too many years. I hate to break it to you, but while other countries may score higher in certain areas, Americans are among the highest overall intelligence in the world. Small-minded folk from other nations are just suckers-enough to believe the inbred, backwoods scum they see on the news are representative of our population as a whole - they're not.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
this is not flagged more????

why?

whats wrong with you Ats people..you flag everything but the things that could create a momentum are not flagged enough!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I recently did my very first blog entry on ending water fluoridation. The quote below to several sources of this study were in the comments section, hence found below in a quote box. My blog entry can be found here. Plenty of links and studies to prove how damaging it is to the body.

The study was published in the July 20th online edition of Environmental Health Perspectives, a peer-reviewed journal published by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. Here is the link to the article published in their July 20th issue: Link

You can also download a PDF of the entire study: Link

This is a press release which has appeared in multiple publications: Link

Harvard University also published a feature article about the study in their School of Public Health newsletter: ]Link

Fluoride causes thyroid disease because it was once an effective treatment for hyperthyroidism, so naturally, giving this *medication* to people with normal thyroids would cause hypothyroidism. Here is another quote from the same person in the comments section regarding this:

The truth is, fluoride is more toxic than lead and only slightly less toxic than arsenic. Really? Would we put lead in our water if someone said it helped our teeth? The whole concept is ridiculous.

I just started researching this issue further this year. When I realized fluoride could be the cause of my hypothyroidism, I stopped drinking tap water. After two months, my doctor LOWERED my thyroid medication. I then switched to a fluoride-free toothpaste and tried to eliminate other sources of fluoride. After another 2 months, my doctor lowered my thyroid medication a second time. My thyroid medication has NEVER been lowered in the over 10 years since I was diagnosed. Attempting to avoid fluoride was the only change I made.

The thyroid medication Synthroid is the 3rd most commonly-prescribed medication in the US. The problem is, with fluoride added to our water and an ingredient in some pesticides, it is almost impossible to avoid. It is in almost every non-organic (and many organic) things we eat and drink. We are being exposed to fluoride from all angles. We cannot get fluoride out of our food supply without stopping water fluoridation everywhere.

It's time to end this madness, it really is. You are medicating an entire population, how is anyone even on board with this especially since there is no evidence that it has any benefit on teeth?

The American Dental Association continues to state fluoride is responsible for reducing cavities. The National Institute of Dental Health produced the largest and most comprehensive study on over 39,000 school children aged 5 -17 years. The study showed no significant differences in cavities in fluoridated vs. non-fluoridated or partially fluoridated communities. This study was never refuted by the ADA. (The ADA is the American Dental Association!)

Link

Also of interest, check this out:

Link

This is an article from last year where a fluoride spill at a water treatment plant actually ate holes into concrete and required hazmat teams with gas masks and protective gear to clean up.

..and the news story..

There is the news story on it along with some comments at the end (probably made prior to this incident) warning of how toxic this chemical is. What if this kind of leak were to happen on a residential street? We put this stuff in our water, remember. We drink it and shower in it. Just think about that.

Here is a link showing all such spills since 1972 and any effect they had on people affected by it. C'mon people, wake up! It's time to get mad about this!

By the way, I am not just posting this to promote my blog at the beginning. I was going to start a thread on the Harvard study, but I see it was already done. Blog has several links and info on the dangers of fluoride.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join