It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Protective Service orders around 150 sets of riot gear to be delivered in 15 days

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Oh oh.

the behemoth Department of Homeland Security (DHS), which is tasked with protecting property owned, occupied or secured by the federal government, seems to be getting ready for a riot or riots in the very near future.

The solicitation was posted on July 25, 2012 with a response date of July 26, 2012 and delivery a mere 15 days later.

The items required are: 147 “Upper Body and Shoulder Protection” which are brand name or equal to “Centurion Soft Shell Riot Control System (CPX2500),” along with 152 “Thigh-Groin Protector” brand name or equivalent to “Centurion TPX200,” 156 “Forearm Protectors” brand name or equivalent to “Centurion (FP100),” and 147 units of “Hard Shell Shin Guards” brand name or equivalent to “Centurion (TS70),” 147 carry bags brand name or equivalent to Exotech (E4), 147 tactical gloves brand name or equivalent to “Damascus (DMZ333),” and 147 riot helmets brand name or equivalent to “MaxPro (TR1000).”

This considerable procurement is for “the 2012 Democratic and Republican National Conventions, the 2012 Presidential Inauguration and other future similar activities,” according to the solicitation.

endthelie.com...

Who expects a riot at the democratic convention? That leaves the other one. I guess they're getting all gussied up for the party.

People, if you're going to Tampa, please no flip flops and don't forget your body armor or you'll be passe in the fashion trends department.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
147? Who do they think they are? The Texas Rangers? I think they need to order a few more. The section protesting the small stuff will have more than that. I have a feeling Occupy may have been kinda back-building pressure for these conventions. They've been mighty quiet for not doing headline grabbing events and if not here, then ever again?

147 men is a pretty small force if 10,000 Occupy show up on the streets. They don't necessarily get hotel rooms or use credit cards. Those kinda people are hard to estimate. Who knows...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I wondered about the number, as well, and something just sounds off about 147. Why not 150? Or 300?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Great catch on this. Everything else happening at the same time becomes background noise sometimes and I'd all but forgotten about Tampa there. I'd been reading some Docs at Cryptome here recently showing the extent of the lock down on beaches and shorelines for the entire Tampa bay area. Pretty extensive.

Then again, a fair % of the leadership for the nation will be there. I'd sure hope it's good. Same with the Dems... I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to them in a real world way. Definitely not.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Well me either, I want this convention to go off without a hitch and I want Dr. Paul to be able to speak andget his points across without anybody getting hurt. But you wouldn't catch me there dead, I'll just watch it online since I'm not into noisy crowds. Or Florida, either, for that matter.

But I'm still scratching my head over the number.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
147 s a very small number in my eyes for what I expect to happen at both conventions. It will be chaos there, imo, and whomever is policing it is going to need a lot of people on the ground to contain the mayhem. If history is any indicator, and with the level of discontent in America right now, these two upcoming conventions are powder kegs.

These could just be for one new set of personnel that are set to guard a particular facility. I expect that the Charlotte and Tampa PD's, along with back up called in from other departments, will be handling the majority of the conventions security. Maybe some NG as well.

Good find though.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Thats quite a suit of armor someone's unit is getting. Big unit too. Hmm... (Cue Star Wars Empire Music)

The upper body and shoulder protection must “effectively protect the torso and shoulders from blunt force trauma” and “safely absorb blows delivered from blunt objects,” while the riot helmets must have an “adjustable tactical face shield with liquid seal” and be compatible with the “3M Full Face Respirator FR-M40B masks.”

The hard shell shin guards must give officers “substantial protection from flying debris, non-ballistic weapons, and blows to the leg” and have an “optimized protective design for severe riot control or tactical situations.”

Even the gloves that they are looking for are quite heavy duty, with “Kevlar on back of hands [that] is flame/flash retardant as well as cut protective” and a “rolled finger tip design for excellent trigger sensitivity and fit.” More at EndtheLie.com - EndtheLie.com...

So will they look like storm troopers too? I'm thinking if people see anyone show up wearing this level of protection, as it sounds pretty extreme, running would be a dandy idea. There may be 140 more behind those ones.

@GAOTU789

I got to looking at the armor here and this sure isn't the Oakland police riot lines. This reminds me FAR more of the Green Dragoon type in The Patriot. Specialized....and impervious to almost anything physical by how it reads.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Yup.

It could be for the shock troops that head into bust up anything serious. Outfitted in that gear and well trained, that unit could take on a group of protesters much, much larger effectively with little worry of anything happening physically, barring firearms coming from the protesters.

I think, and this is just me thinking out loud here, that you will see this unit as the containment unit when they box in a group. That's been pretty much the MO at these things in North America over the last ten years or so since Seattle and Quebec city. Between shock troops like this and a few of those sonic weapons deployed, they could contain and neutralize a fairly large group with little problem.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
147 s a very small number in my eyes for what I expect to happen at both conventions. It will be chaos there, imo, and whomever is policing it is going to need a lot of people on the ground to contain the mayhem. If history is any indicator, and with the level of discontent in America right now, these two upcoming conventions are powder kegs.

These could just be for one new set of personnel that are set to guard a particular facility. I expect that the Charlotte and Tampa PD's, along with back up called in from other departments, will be handling the majority of the conventions security. Maybe some NG as well.

Good find though.

I agree that these are probably going to be used for a very specific purpose, but I still don't get the wierd number on the order unless they're going to be worn by other people ~ like maybe spokesmen or politicians who feel they need extra protection. That's probably pretty far out speculation, though.

I don't expect the democratic convention to go as haywire as the republican side but that could be wrong because as you say, everybody is pretty fed up with the constant kabuki political theater.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Thats quite a suit of armor someone's unit is getting. Big unit too. Hmm... (Cue Star Wars Empire Music)

The upper body and shoulder protection must “effectively protect the torso and shoulders from blunt force trauma” and “safely absorb blows delivered from blunt objects,” while the riot helmets must have an “adjustable tactical face shield with liquid seal” and be compatible with the “3M Full Face Respirator FR-M40B masks.”

The hard shell shin guards must give officers “substantial protection from flying debris, non-ballistic weapons, and blows to the leg” and have an “optimized protective design for severe riot control or tactical situations.”

Even the gloves that they are looking for are quite heavy duty, with “Kevlar on back of hands [that] is flame/flash retardant as well as cut protective” and a “rolled finger tip design for excellent trigger sensitivity and fit.” More at EndtheLie.com - EndtheLie.com...

So will they look like storm troopers too? I'm thinking if people see anyone show up wearing this level of protection, as it sounds pretty extreme, running would be a dandy idea. There may be 140 more behind those ones.

@GAOTU789

I got to looking at the armor here and this sure isn't the Oakland police riot lines. This reminds me FAR more of the Green Dragoon type in The Patriot. Specialized....and impervious to almost anything physical by how it reads.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Okay, I retract the speculation that other people would have any use for such protection. I'm definitely not up on knowing one kind of body armor from another.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Sonic weapons. Shock troops. What country are we in again? We must have gone to sleep and we're all sharing the same nightmare.

What is it going to take to stop this?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Welcome to the mad house mate.

Once things start to get crazy at either of these events, everyone present has their rights stripped. If Toronto and Pittsburgh are any indication, there will be mass arrests on no grounds and there will be violence and riots. Add the people that make a life out of traveling to these things and causing problems and I expect you will see something out of a nightmare for people that cherish their freedom.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
reply to post by frazzle

Welcome to the mad house mate.

Once things start to get crazy at either of these events, everyone present has their rights stripped. If Toronto and Pittsburgh are any indication, there will be mass arrests on no grounds and there will be violence and riots. Add the people that make a life out of traveling to these things and causing problems and I expect you will see something out of a nightmare for people that cherish their freedom.

I'm not even all that sure that we'll have to wait until Aug. 27th when the republican convention begins for the genuine crazy to break out, much less until Sept. for the democrats, the pot boils over more every day here and everywhere. It really wouldn't surprise me to wake up tomorrow to the news that WWIII had broken out. In that case, there'd be no conventions and no election but Toronto and Pittsburgh would be a cake walk in comparison. People would seriously freak out.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I'm not sure to be honest. There is a lot of brinksmanship happening right now and it seems that all it needs is the proper spark to set it off. I've had a thread in mind on the subject for a while but just haven;t gotten around to writing it yet. Sorry, this is a bit OT for this thread but who knows. You could be right but I pray your not.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Me too. I've never wanted more to be totally wrong about something. Well, you can throw Afghanistan and Iraq onto that want list, too, but it happened anyway. Maybe third time's charm?

And this time we'd be going up against more powerful "foes". One side of me says that's the only thing that willl stop the war hawks and the other side argues "no, not like that."

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
hahahahaha, for Tampa ??
they've got to be kidding or scared, wonder which it is.
ahhh, i'll go with scared, the weather has been too nice for too long.

then again, the governor has already announced conceal carry will be permitted at the convention so who knows, add some OWS, the muslim rally, excess people, traffic and things could get hairy to say the least.

this has been brewing all dang year ... read it for yourself
www.huffingtonpost.com...
who is this "organizer", Jared Hamil ?

from link above
Hamil, who said he marched alongside a "black bloc" member in Chicago, promised the coalition's activities will be peaceful as long as local authorities are non-combative.
hmmm, better toss a silver dollar into that wishing well.

and this is 'local' propaganda leading up to the event
pibillwarner.wordpress.com...

it's rather disgusting seeing so many pitted against each other and i really don't see the street clashes representing anything civil but we'll see i suppose.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Hairy is exactly the right word.

Despite the news blackout, the diehard Paul supporters haven't gone anywhere and they're planning to BE there as well as other angry groups plus the obvious likelyhood of agents provocateur all over the place .... the more I think about it, the less likely it seems that the PTB would want this convention to happen at all. Well, unless they're ready to get the square dance started. They've been arming every federal, state and local official law enforcement agency to the teeth with everything from bullets to drones for some time now, so sooner or later all hell will break loose right here on American soil. It just can't not happen unless a global war breaks out and I'm not even sure that would stop it.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

won't disagree with ya there.
let's just say that i am NOT looking forward to next month one bit.

this time last year, i actually considered renting rooms for that weekend ... close enough but far enough away that any visitors should thoroughly enjoy their time in FL.
that was then and this is now ... there isn't enough money in the world to convince me to invite such troubles to the doorstep.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
As soon as peoples sisters and brothers and friends or relatives start getting killed or shot it will be open season on ANYONE WITH A UNIFORM by millions of armed and very fearful people..

MY advise to all law enforcement including DHS would be to change out of your uniforms and go home quick in the event of news of mass deaths due to police shootings of civilians for any reason at all.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

MY advise to all law enforcement including DHS would be to change out of your uniforms and go home quick in the event of news of mass deaths due to police shootings of civilians for any reason at all.
hehehehehe, yeah, those police cars are pretty tough to identify in a driveway, don't ya think?
besides, did you check out the specs on these storm-trooper outfits ??
i'm guessing they are expecting laser/taser activities ... which could be interesting to say the least.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join