It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Catch the 1984 Reference in the Opening Ceremonies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Throughout the entire preparation for the London 2012 Olympics, people have been pointing out some "coincidences" between these Olympics and the illuminati/NWO, etc. From the mascots to the flood lights at the Olympic Stadium. Other weird "coincidences" have been pointed out right here on ATS. Now during the opening ceremonies, we have the Arctic Monkeys singing about 1984. Coincidence? Any one else catch it? Of course I'm linking it to George Orwell's novel 1984.

I really don't think they care anymore about people making these connections. They just put them right out there. If they go right over our heads, that's fine, and if we catch them, they pretend like they're mere coincidences. At least they're looking for good karma by warning us about this stuff before it happens... 1 billion people watched the opening ceremony today. How many are aware of all these NWO references?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Hidden in plain sight....that's how it is and has always been with these ones.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Supposedly the Illuminati symbology has an effect whether conscious of it or not. Oh I hope that 1 billion number doesn't include the U.S., thanks to our never ending lust for money NBC has decided to make us wait until tonight to watch it so they can maximize advertising revenue!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Well you are kinda right. It was a reference to someone that made a reference to 1984.
Knowing you symbologist conspiracy theorists this will just solidify it for you so I shouldn't even tell you, but I will anyway.

That song was played by them because they are a popular G.B. band and that is one of their singles. I personally don't think there is much more to it than that.

However, the reason that line is in the song is because it is a reference to the Arctic Monkey's lead singer's friend, Jon McClure (who played in a band with the Arctic Monkey's fron man previously). Jon McClure was in a band called 1984 earlier on.. it was named 1984 because, yes, because of George Orwell's "1984."

So, while I think it was played simply because it's a single, you are right in the fact that a direct reference to the book 1984 was made in the opening ceremonies.

McClure's second band was 1984, the band were named after the novel by George Orwell, which McClure recalls, during an interview with the NME in August 2006 as one of the only books he's ever heard of when put on the spot about his favourite, he was too embarrassed to say 'The Dandy', which he later admits in a feature about the Sheffield uprising in "Sandman Magazine" in October 2006.

The lyric "dancing to electro-pop like a robot from 1984" from the Arctic Monkeys song "I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor", is a reference to Jon's band, 1984.[citation needed] Maintaining Alex Turner's close link with McClure, who provided much of Turner's inspiration in his early songwriting days.[8]

Link here

edit on 27-7-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The legends that are the arctic monkeys

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by clemo

Pshh.. I would say the dudes that released one good album, one album with few good songs, and then finally a digi-turd.
edit on 27-7-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
Hidden in plain sight....that's how it is and has always been with these ones.

100% correct.

London 2012 Mascots with the 'All Seeing Eye'

Pyramid Shaped Lights (which looked amazing during the opening ceremony... :| )

CCTV Coca Cola Commercial

Other "Coincidences" Revolving around London 2012 not in particular relation to the NWO "Conspiracy":

2012 Olympic Poster

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
yeah but nothing happened, not a damn thing. I'm sure there are a few upset people about that.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Dyzan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice the guy giving a Nazi salute when the German team came out? I nearly choked on my cup of tea watching it, my wife saw it and agreed it looked like a Nazi style salute! The Old World Order let alone the New World Order at large!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dyzan

ohhh NOOO YOUR RIGHT SOO RIGHT

They were just going to kill off some of the biggest starts in sports movies and television plus the queen and president.

SINCE THEY ARE STILL ALIVE, i guess its not going to happen!

lol @ get a clue.com

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dyzan

yeah but nothing happened, not a damn thing. I'm sure there are a few upset people about that.

Upset? Why would they be upset?

#1 Everything I have seen was calling that the Opening Ceremonies would be about symbolism (which they were as far as I can tell, need to watch them myself first.)
#2 Most people, including myself, who put their hat into the ring for calling potential false flags, do so with the HOPE that they will be wrong. Nobody wants people to die. Most people, including myself, make those calls as either a marker in case something does happen, which would make the case for it being a planned and known about event, and/or a way of deterring "them" from taking action in the first place for fear of being exposed (see the first part of that sentence.)

Your comment just reveals a depth of ignorance about what motivates people.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Personally, I think that those of us who recognize it are meant to "catch" it. Because they know they can completely deny it and well over 90% of the population will buy it. I think maybe it's part of their game to project absolute strength. They want us to believe they're capable of controlling absolutely everything whether they actually are yet or not.

To most of us, 1984 was/is a horror story. To them, it's something to aspire to.
edit on 28-7-2012 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
All I know is the childs nightmare scenes before Mary Poppins creeped the hell out of my kids and myself. What were they thinking putting those creepy things all over? Especially that queen of hearts thing
And the huge Voldemort was frightening too

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Oooh...what about the pyramids all around the top of the stadium, not to mention the one the speaker was standing on with all the flags on it ..ooooh!! yeah , i saw it .

new topics

top topics

join