It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The devil should oppose abortion, and christians should be for it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
If your think about it, christian fundamentalists have every reason to favor abortion, and the devil has every reason to oppose it. The logic is simple.

The end goal of the devil is to maximize the number of souls that enter Hell instead of Heaven.

If a baby is killed before birth, there are only 3 possibilities:

1. The baby automatically goes to heaven since it never sinned (this is what most mainstream christians believe)
2. The baby automatically goes to hell, having had no chance to make the choice to be saved.
3. The baby was never assigned a soul first place, that soul just gets saved for another baby.

If 1 is correct, then the devil (which according to Christianity, rules the whole world) would have every reason to make abortion illegal. He would make sure it is criminalized everywhere, since it is counter-productive to his plans. Christians should want to maximize the number of abortions, since it guarantees the baby's salvation.

If 2 is correct, it implies a purposefully unjust God, which contradicts the christian narrative. For a christian to admit number 2, they would be introducing a contradiction into their religion, thereby proving it false.

If 3 is correct, it would make for a reduction in the total population of souls. So while the percentage of souls entering hell is the same, the overall number of souls entering hell would be reduced. This would also be counter-productive to the devil's plans.

Since it is obvious there is a malevolent force behind the world, and abortion remains legal, the only logical conclusion is that the afterlife isn't what the christian narrative claims it to be.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

I am a being of violet fire. I am the purity god desires.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by madjetxe

Wtf? Is that supposed to be a serious reply?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

WTF. Is this supposed to be a serious thread?
edit on 7/27/2012 by visualmiscreant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Your post only states 3 possibilities, is that all that you are willing to concede to? What about reincarnation, or nothing happens, or something that we just don't know...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Nope, no nerve touched. Just checking the validity of this thread. Bye, and thanks for your input.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I thought all the unbaptized babies go to purgatory...? Kinda hard to be baptized without being born isnt it?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

you are nothing of the sort.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

No fundy here. Is this how you justify murdering your children? In the name of God?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I believe it depends upon where the spirit and soul of the fetus originated from. Did it originate from heaven or from the darkness of nothingness.

If from heaven at the time of the abortion...then the baby returns to Heaven..and may or may not choose to be born again.

If from the darkness of nothingness...it will either reincarnate right away...or haunt people in demonic spirit form; or at a time of a person death..the spirit of darkness will step into the body that persons spirit just left; and be a walk-in spirit assuming the other persons former identity.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Love and compassion to you,i am the movie, judgement at Nuremberg.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I could share your view op, but not for the same reasons.

Our flesh are soul prisons and cherishing everything that has to do with this living in flesh, is forbidden by a lot of religions.

The devil is the one that made us aware of our bodies.
So yes, in my view and your view, the devil must dislike abortions.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The problem I have is that I believe it's an adult's place to practice responsible sexual activities. Instead, everyone wants to get drunk, whore around and then murder the children they conceive. That's my problem, and it has nothing to do with religion...

It has to do with reality...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
You have posted a logical conclusion.

There is an issue here. Your using logic. You will find most religious people whom oppose choice will be unable to rationally discuss what you have presented, as it is based in pretty simple reason.
The first several replys demonstrate this...a inability to have rational discussion when logic hammers their programmed outlooks.

Its funny really, the typical joe christian is against abortion, but for the death penelty.
abortion, lets say they are right and it is a person..well, that person goes straight to heaven..bliss..etc.
If its a criminal, it eliminates the persons ability to become saved through christ and repent...

Seems backwards..perhaps satan is running the Christians by ensuring maximum damnation potential...kill em before they repent, keep the sinless alive until they sin...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant
The problem I have is that I believe it's an adult's place to practice responsible sexual activities. Instead, everyone wants to get drunk, whore around and then murder the children they conceive. That's my problem, and it has nothing to do with religion...

It has to do with reality...

I say a fetus is just as alive as sperm.
Both have potential, both require help to become a lifeform.

What is being a person?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

you are no movie. Movies do not post in forums. Especially the holocaust movies

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I also stated that this was my "belief". Beliefs are not founded for the most part on logic and therefore your reply is a fail in my case.

If the law allows you to murder your children, by all means do so if you desire. But you think God will thank you for this? Some logic...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant
reply to post by SaturnFX

I also stated that this was my "belief". Beliefs are not founded for the most part on logic and therefore your reply is a fail in my case.

If the law allows you to murder your children, by all means do so if you desire. But you think God will thank you for this? Some logic...

Life requires perception.
Do you believe in euthenasia? A brain dead person being kept alive by machines?
Because until there is a working central nervous system (about the 3 month mark), there is no brain activity in a fetus..same thing..there is no life there. Potential for life? sure..indeed..but actual identifiable life? no.
Children is a word used for persons..there is no person in a fetus..like calling a sperm people...in which case, I am a serial killer there.

Your belief should stand on some principles and facts overall. Should a deity be awaiting me at the end of my life, I will be able to stand tall and give him reasonable and rational discussions. Should he have a illogical hissy fit, its not really someone I want to spend time with anyhow, much less eternity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join