It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Holmes' Psychiatrist: 'Dark Knight' Shooting Suspect Was Seeing Therapist Before Massacre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Breaking news is that he had been seeing a therapist for a while,prior to the shootings.It's also being said that certain things "leaked" could compromise him getting a fair trial.

DENVER -- The former graduate student accused in the deadly Colorado movie theater shooting was being treated by a psychiatrist at the university where he studied, according to court papers filed Friday. Defense attorneys for James Holmes, 24, made the disclosure in a court motion. It sought to discover the source of leaks to some media outlets that Holmes sent the psychiatrist a package containing a notebook with descriptions of an attack.

www.huffingtonpost.com
edit on (7/27/1212 by amrith777 because: Correct URL

edit on (7/27/1212 by amrith777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by amrith777

I would dearly like to know what psych. med.s Holmes was on. The list of killers on these med.s is growing every day.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I think that him seeing a therapist before the massacre happened; won't make much difference to his sentencing...he will still get life in prison without the possibility of parole.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I think that him seeing a therapist before the massacre happened; won't make much difference to his sentencing...he will still get life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Well...as per the article--what they are trying to say is that what he sent her was PRIVILEDGED information and it was somehow compromised when it was confiscated and leaked to the general public,therefore possibly denying him a fair trial or more difficulty in selecting unbiased jurors.They are also making a big deal out of him being able to buy weapons and ammo while he was under psychiatric care.
I myself am not really saying anything--I've been on this board for years and this is my first thread.Just saw the news and decided to throw it up here since God knows there are a ton of other threads here debating every angle.
I saw that this Dr. supposedly specializes in schizophrenia--but I haven't confimed it yet.There are so many factors and things we simply don't know yet,but it's certainly interesting,IMO.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

I would dearly like to know what psych. med.s Holmes was on. The list of killers on these med.s is growing every day.

I am interested in knowing this,too.The only thing I saw for sure was that he himself was addicted to Vicodin and while it's not a psych med--it is certainly mind and mood altering.All I know is that when I lok at images of him that are older and compare to the more recent ones...he does not look well or healthy.
I personally believe that he was sick and mentally ill and that there is no conspiracy.But there certainly is a heck of a lot of things to this story to chew on even WITHOUT it being a conspiracy.The implications are mind-boggling.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by amrith777
I am interested in knowing this,too.The only thing I saw for sure was that he himself was addicted to Vicodin and while it's not a psych med--it is certainly mind and mood altering.All I know is that when I lok at images of him that are older and compare to the more recent ones...he does not look well or healthy.
I personally believe that he was sick and mentally ill and that there is no conspiracy.But there certainly is a heck of a lot of things to this story to chew on even WITHOUT it being a conspiracy.The implications are mind-boggling.

The conspiracy may actually be the psych. med.s. Companies are getting filthy rich off of them, and the last thing they would want to let out is that they increase the chance for psychopathic spree killing. Yet I firmly believe they do. They remove your conscience as a price for 'feeling better'.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

The conspiracy may actually be the psych. med.s. Companies are getting filthy rich off of them, and the last thing they would want to let out is that they increase the chance for psychopathic spree killing. Yet I firmly believe they do. They remove your conscience as a price for 'feeling better'.

In terms of Big Pharma--then yeah,I will say that they can contribute to certain things being disastrous and I have no delusions that there are many institutions in our society that are all out to make a buck or to wield a certain amount of power.One of the things I have found most about psych meds (and others,too,but we're talking about psych meds now) is that they have potential to help AND harm and there are MANY variables in that equation.
I have been on them myself before and have known and been with people/partners that have been on them,as well as having spent time as a nurse at a major psych hospital and one huge factor beyond the drug companies themselves is everything else that should be monitored and regulated properly along with any other help a patient might need--therapy,Twelve Step programs,IOP,being seen by a competant psychiatrist on a regular basis,the person's home life,whether or not they have love and support in their lives--there are just many,many factors,and the patients themselves often do not follow the directions properly in order to benefit from any amount of therapeutic effect a drug may have if taken properly.
These things I bring up are in no way meant to disregard the drug companies and their agendas or practices.I cannot do that because I myself and others I've known have benefitted greatly from such...but I also know a lot of people who haven't.
To me,it is one factor--just like any other factor.There is probably a whole medley of things that went wrong with Holmes,it's almost never just one thing--but certain meds and circumstances can and have certainly played a role in many liabilities and tragedies--of that I have no doubt.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Here's what I don't understand: How was he able to acquire so many weapons and how come the police didn't discover his psychiatric past when doing a thorough check on him? Wouldn't the interview with school authorities,friends and family immediately alert them that he was talking to a therapist?

This just sounds like another excuse to make him sound mentally unstable. Something is off here.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Yes, there are numerous warnings out for all anti-depressants that include

Nausea
Insomnia
Anxiety
Restlessness
Decreased sex drive
Dizziness
Weight gain
Tremors
Sweating
Sleepiness or fatigue
Dry mouth
Diarrhea
Constipation
Headaches

But I am not so sure of which one he has taken etc. Also, do they make you become crazy? Maybe.. I have definitely heard of people killing themselves though or becoming more depressed.

link

edit on 28-7-2012 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2012 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Here is the deal:

He (or his lawyer) is now trying to pass that the package/documents are handed over to him, claiming it is confidential, medical information.

In reality, we can bet that the package he sent contains his plans for the massacre IN ADVANCE - which would be 100% proof that he is not insane since he planned the killings and even wrote details down.

This is the only and sole reason they are now claiming those papers are "medical confidential information" since they would be disastrous for his defense to be insane. Every idiot should be able to see thru this.
edit on 28-7-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join