It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012, possible scientific explanation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

How many satelites or observatories are in civillian hands?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

How many were in orbit in 1755? Or 1950 for that matter.
It doesn't take much equipment to count sunspots.

So you think this is a real active cycle? In your experience?
edit on 7/27/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Regardless of how it gets here, the influx of energetic particles combined with the magnetic reversal of the poles could trigger an ice age.

Utter rubbish. Posting outdated material and then pretending that someone was referring to something else is so typical of failed claims.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

don't listen to phage, he is a propagandist by nature. Something is truly going wrong with the planet and we all know it. Average temperatures over the past have been increasing. The weather patterns are strange and storms are increasing. Volcanic activities increasing along with more earthquakes. Fires, droughts and land masses sinking. On average over the years the Ice is retreating. Water currents in the ocean changed. Animal die offs all over the world. More and more people asking the same questions. WHY is this happening. For people that deny this, really need to open their eyes. WHY, because it is all getting worse. All the information out there just slamming you in the face. How can you deny it?

You continue to be as confused as you always have.
1. Storms are increasing?
2. Volcanic activity is not increasing
3. Quakes are not increasing
4. Fires have always happened. Some of the worst were in US colonial times when people burned down huge forests just to sell the ash
5. Droughts are more noticeable as human populations increase
6. Animal die offs have always happened

Why is the world changing? Why isn't the world just like last year? Face it, the world is dynamic and has and always will change.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

You do know you can quite easily view sunspots yourself from your own backyard right? You don't need expensive equipment.

And BTW, you would do well listening to Phage, he does actually know his stuff when it comes to matters like this.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

You really believe that NASA was telling us for so long that it would be a killer cycle, and then only after these prophicies came out, they've reduced their claims. You believe that? Despite the fact that the pictures of the Sun have been showing some pretty terrifing sun spots? The fact that they've been removed from existance while they were being discussed on ATS?

That's just wacko sounding. Here is what really happens.

Scientists make predictions based on models to test their models.
Predictions are checked against actual data.
Discrepancies are used to correct models or can lead to the development of new models.

In t he case of the Sun, the differences between predictions and actual events shows that solar models are not as good as people would like them to be. The Sun is a complex and difficult to predict object in the sky.

You really think that NASA is going to be honest with you? The prospect of an apocolypse would destroy the world long before anything from the Sun. The fallout of those prophecies is still being felt, despite the lies being cranked out of the world's space programs.

This really makes you sound clueless as to how science works. These are predictions, not prophecies. The predictions are based on previous studies. Prophecies are based on making stuff up with rhyme or reason.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

NASA is a civilian organization. Communications satellites are civilian.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Then maybe a civillian should call the Sun and ask the Sun what's going on?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I was using sunspots to test my pinhole cameras I made for the Venus transit. Many sunspots are not hard to detect. Smaller ones would not be visible in the devices I made.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Maybe you need to learn what a civilian agency is. You can add that to the huge list of things you need to learn after looking through you horrendously mistaken posts.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

A civillian agency funded by who? When big brother says shut up or we'll take your toys away and lock you in a hole, you shut your mouth and stop asking questions.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Phage doesn't even know what the hell he's trying to say until his third or so post.

Really? First post in this thread:

Your first source is extremely dated (2006), before the last solar minimum. More recent predictions called for below average activity and are proving to be correct.

There is little evidence that solar particle activity has any effect on weather.

Solar particles do not warm us. Electromagnetic radiation from the Sun does.

It is possible that the Earth is currently undergoing a magnetic reversal (it is also possible that it is not). It has done so in the past (last time was about 780,000 years ago) however most indications are that such reversals take thousands of years to occur. There is also no indication that anything particularly dramatic has occurred during or after any of them.

The science part. Work on that a bit more.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Seems quite clear to me.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You didn't read it all in 9 minutes. You never do. You never have. You usually go back and edit the first post, or even the next few posts as you're "getting your facts straight, so you can distort them as you please".
edit on 27-7-2012 by AnarchysAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Do you see an edit tag in that post?

But you're right, I do edit. For spelling and clarity. I see you do too.

Now can we stop discussing me and get back to the topic?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I just use the strap a piece of white card to a board and project through a telescope method, works quite well, and you're only limited by your lenses really (ok focal length etc etc comes into play, but lenses mostly, even small and cheap refractors can do the job with half decent lenses).

To the OP, you say you have been around long enough.....2 days isn't very long, unless you're a fly, in which case you're already 1/15th way through your life.....you're not a fly, are you?
edit on 27/7/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, I want to talk to you like I want a thermal nuclear weapon shuved up my ass.

There isn't much to discuss. You have managed to debunk 3 hours of work, and kill any constructive debate, in 3 minutes. Pat yourself on the back, you obviously deserve it.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

You have managed to debunk 3 hours of work, and kill any constructive debate, in 3 minutes.

Your time could have been more constructively spent looking for some real science as your thread title implied.

Debate involves facts. You had a few but the way you attempted to put those together didn't make any sense.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

A civillian agency funded by who? When big brother says shut up or we'll take your toys away and lock you in a hole, you shut your mouth and stop asking questions.

You move the goal posts because your claim is a failure and then you decorate it with a baloney claim again to cover up your failure.

Take the time to learn what you are talking about and leave out the glaringly obvious mistakes in the future.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Rather than provide a useful outlet for discussion by linking the sources and adding constructive thought, you simply debunk, disprove, and poke fun. In the name of your ever increasing star count, and impressing the few people that like you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join