It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012, possible scientific explanation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Thanks I have a C8 I recently brought out of mothballs and have been enjoying the night sky again with kids that are now old enough to be around something like that. We made pinhole cameras for the Venus transit and wanted to see how many different ways we could view the event.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

I provided links.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
At least this thread made more sense that one that claimed watermelons were exploding in China due to the presence of an unknown planet.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Our Solar System is in the process of passing though the Milky Way's, Galactic plane. Our galaxy is shaped the way it is because of how the black hole at its center is organized. Some mat find this incredible but research has shown that when to galaxies are within one light year of each other. There respective supper- massive black holes at their centers are in physical contact..

Getting back to Earth, the last time something like this actually happened was about 780,000 years ago. When our solar system was on the other side of the milky way, from where we are today.

One major problems is inherent to a magnetic pole shift, which scientists have confirmed is in the process of occuring. They range from the profound effect it would have upon migratory animals and as a result the food chain. To studies preformed on human behavior related to the effects natural changes in EM fields.

As I am certain many of you are aware the Mayan Calender is a system that goes back. Beyond the time Archaeologist today cite as when human remains begin to appear on Earth. What is the possibility that information made its way from proto-humans, to humans about what happed 780,000 years ago?

Today we have domesticated animals but then there were none and as is clear, What would have been
a venerable garden of Eden to Proto-Humans of the time, changed dramatically. When animals who
depend on the stability of the Earth's Magnetic field was no longer.

Any thoughts

edit on 27-7-2012 by Kashai because: corrections

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Where did you get this story? Is this intended to make the OP look more respectable?

1. We are not passing through the plane
2. I doubt your black hole claim that they are in physical contact
3. What do black holes have to do with the Earth?
4. It takes much longer the 780Ky to orbit the galaxy
5. Magnetic reversals are not associated with extinction events
6. I think you are quite mistaken about the Mayan calendar and its origin
7. Your Eden claim makes no sense to me

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Kashai

Where did you get this story? Is this intended to make the OP look more respectable?

1. We are not passing through the plane
2. I doubt your black hole claim that they are in physical contact
3. What do black holes have to do with the Earth?
4. It takes much longer the 780Ky to orbit the galaxy
6. I think you are quite mistaken about the Mayan calendar and its origin
7. Your Eden claim makes no sense to me

Actually I had the privilege of being taught by Taino elders. Puerto Rico is the only other know territory with Mayan Ballcourts in the world. Are you suggesting that migratory animals are not affected by magnetic reversals?

Keep in mind that birds fly "south" for the winter.

Astronomical theories present that the elliptic plane of our solar system presently is tipped by only 5.5 degrees out of the galactic plane.

As I have explained the reason our galaxy is shaped the way it is is because of the gravitational effect of the supper-massive black hole, at its center. What other factor would you consider for such a formation? Effectively because of this structure, the influence of the supper-massive black hole at the milky way's center is strongest at the plane of the galaxy. In effect one can observe the distances in relation to 100s of light years, black holes center of galaxies can affect , in the case of active or feeding supper-massive black holes.

And of course what then would you conclude as the cause for keeping galaxies together?

It takes 220 million years for our solar system of orbit our galaxy and in that regard you are correct. Though the last magnetic pole sift was 780, 000 years ago, I would submit then we did cross the plane of the galaxy as we are about to do now.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
It is 2012. Wasn't the world supposed to end or everyone go through some telepathic enlightenment? Why is nothing happening?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Actually I had the privilege of being taught by Taino elders.

OK. What makes them knowledgeable about ancient Mayans? Maybe they have researched the Mayans. Maybe they are using their ancestry to present themselves as knowledgeable.

The fossil record has been compared to extinctions and the two are not correlated. Whatever happens during a reversal events does not lead to extinctions. You seem to be guessing that animals cannot adjust for changing conditions.

Astronomical theories present that the elliptic plane of our solar system presently is tipped by only 5.5 degrees out of the galactic plane.

Whatever the value is it has nothing to do with passing through the galactic plane. The issues are independent of each other.

Effectively because of this structure, the influence of the supper-massive black hole at the milky way's center is strongest at the plane of the galaxy. In effect one can observe the distances in relation to 100s of light years, black holes center of galaxies can affect , in the case of active or feeding supper-massive black holes.

That is false. Gravity is a force that is equal in all directions.

And of course what then would you conclude as the cause for keeping galaxies together?

The force that shapes the universe is gravity.

It takes 220 million years for our solar system of orbit our galaxy and in that regard you are correct. Though the last magnetic pole sift was 780, 000 years ago, I would submit then we did cross the plane of the galaxy as we are about to do now.

Magnetic reversals happen when the organization of the convection currents in the outer core restructure. It has nothing to do with external forces. It happens inside of the Earth.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

Op i believe in you and your links as I have read them all and had the same questions as you.

The thing is.... Its all opinion.

No one knows what the sun will do when it reaches maximum.

Go back through the archives on spaceweather.com and you will have plenty of info thats new to back up your claim that scientists claim its a wait and see kinda thing, however the sun is expected to put on a show when it in fact reaches maximum.

Time will tell. We are STILL LEARNING.... About the Sun as it hasnt been observed long at all to know everything there is to know or how it will behave. So many factors come into play.... Ya know?

Its all opinion. Unless one is psychic or a remote viewer... And even then....Cause and effect tells us we have to wait and see.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
More or less.... Here is whats up imo.... From www.noaa.gov...

SWPC is also engaging with users and the general public to promote understanding. This includes the annual Space Weather Enterprise Forum (SWEF) held in Washington, D.C. The theme of this year’s forum posed a question that is on many minds: “Solar maximum — Can we weather the storm?” “I honestly don’t know if there’s a yes or no answer,” said SWPC space scientist Joe Kunches. “But we increase the chances of ‘yes’ with good forecasts and warnings and emergency procedures in place … We are working hard here to ensure the greatest probability that we can withstand whatever the Sun doles out.” Posted June 23, 2011

We are all addicted to technology. The comcern is just that though, not lives.

No worries until there is sufficient evidence to worry.

Time tells all.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
well why didnt we all die in 1958?

second

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Yes as a matter of fact three dieties are suppose to appear somewhere today and emlighten everyone and all our problems are suppose to be resolved..

hopefully they will be in contact with the aliens out in the front yard who are bound to be in contact with all the motherships gathered around the sun sucking out the energy so that Nibiru will have enought juice to finally appear from behind the sun and remain invisable until a future predicted date that has yet to be predicted

but give it a few hours and I will not be surprised that someone will provide a date...unless of course the tower at the Olympics finally explodes bringing on WW3...then all bets are off

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I don't think we're at the stage yet for getting things right when it comes to prediction. My latest info is that sunspots may disappear indefinitely after this solar maximum, which is still assumed to be 2013. Livinston and Penn's paper seems still to be in vogue, and their measurements of long term declining sunspot activity goes almost right against the thinking from the first NASA link in terms of time scales, or perhaps timescale is the X-factor.

NASA alternative link,

science.nasa.gov...

The paper studied up to last year,

www.leif.org...

I am reading the OP link again to see if L&P's info has been drawn on there ...Nope, but I do see David Hathaway doing up a summary, he must be NASA's Nick Pope, agreeing and disagreeing all at the same time. He was wrong about the solar Max in the OP's link.
edit on 28-7-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hi stereologist,

Actually I am not guessing as to the effect of upon migratory animals that has already begun...

syzygyastro.hubpages.com...

I am a descendant of Toltecs stereologist that is apparent and has been for a very long time.

To be specific since I was about 4 years old and I am 50 at present.

If gravity is equal in all directions that why is our galaxy disk shaped, and why are other shaped in
different ways? It is theorized that when the Andromeda and Milky way Galaxies collide, the reuslt
will be a spherical galaxy. The result of the change in mass of the black hole at its center, which
is the combination of both current black holes in the two galaxies.

Any thoughts?
edit on 28-7-2012 by Kashai because: link failed

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Ok, I read through the whole thread.

I have a question :

reply to post by Kashai

Evidence of this?

Also, I'm not the one to get mad when someone proves me wrong, but I highly doubt any scientist knows
that a black hole is at the center of the milkyway galaxy. I've read a lot about the hypothesis these
astrophysicist came up with, and they still all say that even though its very likely, they don't know for sure.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
Ok, I read through the whole thread.

I have a question :

reply to post by Kashai

Evidence of this?

Also, I'm not the one to get mad when someone proves me wrong, but I highly doubt any scientist knows
that a black hole is at the center of the milkyway galaxy. I've read a lot about the hypothesis these
astrophysicist came up with, and they still all say that even though its very likely, they don't know for sure.

Watch the Supermassive Black Hole In the Center of Our Galaxy Eating Breakfast

gizmodo.com...

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

The article ascribes certain issues such as whale strandings to geomagnetic changes. So why have there been whale strandings for centuries? The article is fairly typical in that they mention a few facts early on and then begin massive speculation such as the following claim which they do NOT substantiate:

Today, as the chaotic shifting of the geomagnetic field increases, disorientation among these creatures is escalating and the pace is quickening.

And then there are outright false statements

Ancient records show that there have been earlier records of geomagnetic reversals that have caused extinctions.

The fossil record does not show a relationship between magnetic reversals and extinctions.

Here is another misunderstanding

There is another impact that geomagnetic reversal has and that is all the holes that are popping up, allowing radiation from space to reach the earth's surface.

Radiation from space is not stopped by the Earth's magnetic field. The charged particles from the Sun are diverted towards the poles. Radiation is not deflected by magnetic fields unless it is a charged particle. These particles interact in the upper atmosphere to produce auroras.

If gravity is equal in all directions that why is our galaxy disk shaped, and why are other shaped in
different ways? It is theorized that when the Andromeda and Milky way Galaxies collide, the reuslt
will be a spherical galaxy. The result of the change in mass of the black hole at its center, which
is the combination of both current black holes in the two galaxies.

The article is also very wrong about tectonic activity. No plate moves 28 feet in a year. Quakes and volcanoes are not changing. The entire section on tectonics is irrational.

Any thoughts?

The reason the Earth does not fall into the Sun or the Moon onto the Earth is that the path each object moves along is defined by the forces that act upon it. The Earth has motion. This motion is acted upon by forces such as the attraction of the Sun and Earth towards each other. The force causes the straight line motion of the Earth to be turned towards the Sun. That is what causes the Earth to orbit the Sun.

When material in space collapses to form a solar system you can see from photos that the material is not evenly spread. It collapses from this uneven spread because of gravity. Just as the Earth is bent around the Sun, the particles have a motion and are turned towards each other. Unlike the balance we enjoy with the Sun, the particles in a collapsing system do hit each other. The lack of uniformity of the collapse leads to spinning. Unless the collapse is uniform the result is a rotation. The forces at play during the collapse are the ones that cause the flattening: the rotation, gravity, any magnetic field, and even gas pressure as the collapse concentrates material.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

Here is one article:
adsabs.harvard.edu...
From the abstract

Results indicate that no currently demonstrable relationship exists between faunal extinctions and geomagnetic reversals.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Here is a prime example that we little humans have not observed the heavens long enough to state whats fact and whats not. Lol my opinion.... Of course.

There are many discoveries rapidly reaching the media it seems on a daily basis. New discoveries mean.... A more open mind to be had as this ride in the Universe is just beginning.

So with that said, why are so many not keeping an open mind and running with the scientist of choice when there are many conflicting theories all the way around.

How was our Planet formed? We dont know!

There is a lot we do not know but we have theories.

Which is right and which is wrong?

This changes and will continue to change as long as we are observing the heavens with more advanced technology.

" Unseen forces" explains there are unseen forces at work. If we cannot see them then how do we understand them? www.latimes.com...

Researchers have offered at least three potential mechanisms for the disappearance. One might be runaway planetary accretion. It is generally believed that the condensation of such dust particle around a star into a planet occurs over long periods -- hundreds of thousands of years. In this case, it could have been accelerated by some unknown force, occurring over just a few years. The star is too far away to observe any potential planet, however.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Here is a prime example that we little humans have not observed the heavens long enough to state whats fact and whats not.

It does not follow that because we don't know everything, we don't know anything.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join