It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca Cola CCTV Commercial London Olympics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
While watching the Olympics Soccer matches today there was a coca cola commercial showing a montage of different CCTV cameras showing random acts of kindness in public places.

Anyway, the commercial just stunk of an effort to promote a positive aspect to a world where you are constantly watched, almost as if to say "All of your good deeds will be noticed!" as long as they can watch you every second of every day!

It was unnerving to watch. I would understand if the target audience were the people in the UK, they already live with a government that uses this tech to the extreme. But i am in America, and this commercial was playing for the audience here. I also know this commercial isn't exactly "new" but i didn't find it on ATS already. Old or Not, it seemed to stand out when watching the Olympics being played in the City with the highest concentration of CCTV cameras.

I guess mostly i'm bothered by the overall message. The video begins with "Security Cameras Also Capture..." It seems to suggest that the cameras aren't all bad, because there's all this good stuff to see too! But the cameras don't promote those good deeds, they don't initiate those good deeds, those good deeds are just people being people. If the world were to be overrun with those deeds, then there really wouldn't be a need for any cameras would there? Those cameras are there because they want to deter crime or monitor behavior they wish to change are they not? Just my take on it i suppose.

Did anyone else see this commercial?
edit on 27-7-2012 by tpsreporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I am not going to criticize that advert, sure Coca Cola are contributing to the serious obesity in the West this is the type of advert I wish I could put on TV, well minus the Coke brand. If people see this advert start writing peace on the walls of banks etc then I am all for it despite any hidden connotations it might have.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I live in London and it certainly is the most CCTV city ever. Most spied-on city in the world, courtesy of its ubiquitous CCTV cameras, purportedly there to reduce crime. But according to a recent report, there's been little or no change in London's crime rates since they were more widely installed in the mid 1980s.

If you get robbed you will find they don't wanna know about looking into any cameras to help your case. Just fill in a form and --- off, you're just another statistic.

The advert was actually slightly satirical so I don't have a problem with it.
edit on 27-7-2012 by igor_ats because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I didn't see it till just now and thanks for posting it....my feeling while watching it was positive and I was moved by the fact that some people, many people still try and do the right thing!

To some degree it renewed my faith in people as being good..nothing wrong with that IMHO. Is it propaganda of some sort..probably..but I think we need more of this type of "Good vrs Evil" input. Think of how many violent and hateful things we see on television around the clock! it's non-stop and it might be a contributing factor in many peoples actions. Copying everything they see movie stars do and other crap on TV.

I'd take that commercial any day..Cheers Coco

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Are these real people? Or are they actors?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Thats a good question. I wish i knew. A company like CocaCola could have gone eitherway with it.

If they were real, wouldn't they need to give royalties to the people or at least get their permission before using it in a commercial?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
A positive look on life....why knock it!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpsreporter

Thats a good question. I wish i knew. A company like CocaCola could have gone eitherway with it.

If they were real, wouldn't they need to give royalties to the people or at least get their permission before using it in a commercial?

They are actors 100%, when a company like Coca Cola creates and advert every single aspect of the advert is considered and planned out. All the ideas behind the ad would have been thought up before any filming, not to mention the quality of the footage is perfect quality etc.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
A positive look on life....why knock it!

I'm not knocking showing people doing good deeds, but the fact they are making people feel good while promoting CCTV, thats what i don't like. Theres more than one message in that advert in my eyes. I see them making people feel good while promoting the idea that CCTV monitoring isn't "all that bad". It creates an emotional connection to an issue that has more serious considerations that are simply left out.

Why not show home videos of people doing good deeds instead? Same message of positivity, no hidden message of a police state.

For example, they show a couple kissing in the park. Yes this is a positive thing, but if that was me, I wouldn't want someone watching it via CCTV, nor would i want them sharing it and furthermore would certainly not want them putting it in a commercial.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
More brainwashing that cctv is good.

As previous posters have said, they do not cut crime. If your mugged and you try to get a look at the cctv your fobbed off with excuses.

THESE CAMERA'S ARE ALL ABOUT SOCIAL CONTROL. THEY MONITOR HUMAN BEHAVIOR AND THEY ADJUST THEIR PROGRAMS OF MANIPULATION ACCORDINGLY.

We even have them on our roads, they are mounted low on poles and look directly into the vehicles, At the other end facial recognition software monitors who went where and when. The same sofware is in use in the supermarkets where they also track us by sniffing our mobile phones.

I'm not complaining though coz I know its protecting me.....from.....?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tpsreporter

Thanks that really made me smile, I had not seen it until now. Beautiful and from Coca Cola I'm even more suprised.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
In fact this video is important. This is how we should view the world, lets stop looking at how bad things are and take delight in the small acts of kindness we see every day all over the world.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Did you notice the words "Attack" and "Gangs" were on screen when Muslims were shown?

And when the guy was writing the word "Peace" he was actually committing a crime?
edit on 27-7-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
Did you notice the words "Attack" and "Gangs" were on screen when Muslims were shown?

And when the guy was writing the word "Peace" he was actually committing a crime?
edit on 27-7-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

They also refer to him as a "Warrior" in that scene. Whats funny is that the overall message is about things captured "other" than crime, yet as you point out, it is indeed a crime.

I did 'not' notice the parts about attack and gang. Thanks for pointing that out!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
There is a bridge that goes over the M25 motorway near heathrow airport in London. Some graffiti artists have painted "Give Peas a chance" makes me chuckle every time. I realise this isn't strictly on topic

edit on 27-7-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185

Originally posted by tpsreporter

They are actors 100%, when a company like Coca Cola creates and advert every single aspect of the advert is considered and planned out. All the ideas behind the ad would have been thought up before any filming, not to mention the quality of the footage is perfect quality etc.

I don't think they were actors, being a Liveleak addict I've seen thousands of CCTV clips and it's very easy to tell if it is acting. These clips seem to be genuine.
Just have a closer look at the guy that shoves that small delivery-van away from the oncoming train and nearly gets hit by that train.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Sometimes though, it seems the events are too well centered in the frame of the video (even when unzoomed). The train looked like a light rail which could have stopped if it wanted to.

Again, i say they could have gone either way, part of me feels they would have had something that said "100% real footage" if it was real. But i couldn't say that with 100% certainty.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is some crazy, jacked up, Orwellian Newspeak propaganda right here.

"Let's look at the world a little differently"

Ho-lee Cow. What was I thinking!? Who knew the Police State could be so warm and fuzzy?

edit on 8/11/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I wonder why they would want to promote CCTV. We've got it, we're stuck with it and have no say in the matter. Why would they care if we like it or not?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I may have to hang up my tin foil hat.
I thought it was touching and sweet, actually brought a tear to my eye.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join