It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

London 2012 Olympics...watching the opening now!! Great Britain ! Best In The World !

page: 3
4
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   


Arrogance is a ugly thing


Combine that with ignorance and you have an explosive combination.




posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
OP, I'm from the UK, England to be more precise, and while their is nothing wrong with a bit of patriotism, I would just like to take this opportunity to tell you to wind your neck in, you're missing the point of the Olympic games.

(Almost) every country has its best bits, and its bad bits, the combined countries of the UK included.

I wish the best of luck to all countries competing.

EDIT:

Actually, I've just read through all your posts OP, and, apologies to ATS and the mods, but I'm sure you will understand........

OP, from one Brit to another.....shut the hell up, you're embarrassing yourself, me, all the other Brits on ATS and your country.
edit on 27/7/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK
 


if you don't like it leave ...

That is EXACTLY what many of our ancestors have done. I am truly thankful to them!

See ya,
Milt



posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK
 


I'm from England, I'm half Spanish though.
As much as I love the nice British people and am proud to be friends with some of them, and respectful of the rest.

I can't help but watch millions being spent on the ceremony and think why? Why such blatant, overt extravagance?

Yes, ok. High spirits help the population stay productive, but for how long?
We just had the jubilee, and that was meant to do that same job, apparently.

Cameron already said expect to feel the cutbacks til 2020, does that mean austerity will work? Hmm that's not the feeling the economists give us.
.
The people of England can be great, they can be *&%$# too. The country is a reflection of that, as are all the others



posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK

Originally posted by benrl



The UK is the best country in the world


Um no.

and before you jump on me Neither is the US.

Uk has its problems, and glossing them over from one event...

Same with US like I said...


Dude we invented the internet!!!!....your welcome!

E


NO WE DIDN'T!



Burners Lee invented the WWW. That is not the internet. The internet (or "intranet" as it was then) was created by the US government for military and government purposes. Tim Burners Lee adapted the idea to encompass communication across the entire planet through existing telephone infrastructure and electronic communication. THAT is the WWW.

And no, the UK is certainly not the best country on Earth.

Judging by this jumbled up mix of of stereotype imagery supposedly "representing" the UK, the UK is nothing but industry, the NHS, and a predictable soundtrack. Hardly anything current at all.

As I said long ago, they would have done better getting Adele and Florence and the Machine to preform a one-off concert, throw some fireworks in the air and then have men dressed as London bankers robbing everyone in the audience at gunpoint, with Cameron holding the police back while simultaneously clubbing a disabled child over the head.

THAT would be a fair representation of the UK.



posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I honestly find it hard to believe people are even arguing over something so ridiculous. Neither Britain, USA or any other country for that matter is in any position to be calling themselves "better" than others or have a feeling of superiority, especially in recent times. Now more than ever, even on forums like this, we should be appreciating other cultures, it's more time for embracing and understanding then petty rivalry.

Having said that, my favourite country that I've ever visited was Luxembourg. Tidy, neat, clean and the people are too friendly. And they don't have to go on about theirs' being a better country, because they just get on with it.



posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
well the americans have just made their entrance...wearing their uniform made in china...and wearing french berets....wtf.



posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by EqualizerUK

Originally posted by benrl



The UK is the best country in the world


Um no.

and before you jump on me Neither is the US.

Uk has its problems, and glossing them over from one event...

Same with US like I said...


Dude we invented the internet!!!!....your welcome!

E


NO WE DIDN'T!



Burners Lee invented the WWW. That is not the internet. The internet (or "intranet" as it was then) was created by the US government for military and government purposes. Tim Burners Lee adapted the idea to encompass communication across the entire planet through existing telephone infrastructure and electronic communication. THAT is the WWW.

And no, the UK is certainly not the best country on Earth.

Judging by this jumbled up mix of of stereotype imagery supposedly "representing" the UK, the UK is nothing but industry, the NHS, and a predictable soundtrack. Hardly anything current at all.

As I said long ago, they would have done better getting Adele and Florence and the Machine to preform a one-off concert, throw some fireworks in the air and then have men dressed as London bankers robbing everyone in the audience at gunpoint, with Cameron holding the police back while simultaneously clubbing a disabled child over the head.

THAT would be a fair representation of the UK.

Wow, you are truly broken. It's a shame when people lose sight of what's true and what's nonsense. I hope you can find a way to fix yourself. Good luck..
edit on 27-7-2012 by CallYourBluff because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK
 


No offense but Britain is pitiful and its history, well you should be ashamed.



posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanCondition
reply to post by EqualizerUK
 


No offense but Britain is pitiful and its history, well you should be ashamed.



what a horrible post. your very nasty!



posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl

Originally posted by HumanCondition
reply to post by EqualizerUK
 


No offense but Britain is pitiful and its history, well you should be ashamed.



what a horrible post. your very nasty!
I didn't say the people were pitiful, just ignorant.
The UK is a dangerous regime.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
It was kinda cool seeing North Korean and Iranian athletes enter the arena. Hopefully this will put WW3 off for at least another week!



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
It was kinda cool seeing North Korean and Iranian athletes enter the arena. Hopefully this will put WW3 off for at least another week!
Out of interest, did Palestine enter the arena?



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK
 


haha i will give you number one spot for been a wined up merchant



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   


Just want to say to all of you who are watching ....your welcome !!!! The UK is the best country in the world !! E
reply to post by EqualizerUK
 


This has got to be one of the most immature posts I have seen on ATS.

There is a fine line between patriotism, and being a douchebag.

vvv



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Anyone responding with "No it isn't ______ is the best country actually" is just as retarded as the OP.


It's a troll thread and would disappear if people didn't reply to the OP.


And yes, I'm a moron/hypocrite for replying.... hilarious.




posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition
 


I'm not sure man, I had it on in the background and was slightly drunk at the time. Good question though, I will have a little look to see what I can find.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition
 


Yes, Palestine are competing. They have 3 competitors: running, swimming and judo.

Source: BBC



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanCondition
reply to post by EqualizerUK
 


No offense but Britain is pitiful and its history, well you should be ashamed.


What a brilliant post, so much truth in one sentence.
This nation is not what it could, or, should be, we have a parasite class class who thinks that their own charity begins at home, and then ensures the rest of the world gives until they literally bleed too.



posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by HumanCondition
 


I'm not sure man, I had it on in the background and was slightly drunk at the time. Good question though, I will have a little look to see what I can find.
Yeah I can understand that.

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by HumanCondition
 


Yes, Palestine are competing. They have 3 competitors: running, swimming and judo.

Source: BBC

That is good to hear, I am surprised the IOC even recognizes them as.

Thanks heaps.



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join