It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Opening Ceremony (LIVE THREAD)

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad
reply to post by ararisq

Wow.........just can't accept that Danny Boyle has given the world a quick history lesson and highlighted the fact that Britain is not a land of gentry with everyone speaking with marbles in their mouth.He reminded everyone of that britain is full of ordinary people who like their National Health and music!!!

It was a slick show not a conspiracy, tough deal with it.

If slick means dull and boring
. or slick as floating film of oil think BP oil spill.

Slick as a trail of floating material like maybe a garbage slick>?'

Must be a britt thing.... Inside jokes are great for the world!

China's ceremony was a solid 9 out of 10 now THAT was a show.. This one was a solid 4.

No conspiracy at all

Done and over with now, a little over sensitive maybe>? Why is this thread still open>?
edit on 28-7-2012 by sirnukeem because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnukeem

China's ceremony was a solid 9 out of 10 now THAT was a show.. This one was a solid 4.

Didn't China CGI some of theirs? The fireworks display or something like that?

You can make anything look amazing if you fake it.

CX.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by sirnukeem

Didn't China CGI some of theirs? The fireworks display or something like that?

You can make anything look amazing if you fake it.

CX.

At least it was entertaining.... Barley even noticed a sparkle in the London's firework...

I talked to over 10 co-workers today, all pretty much said how it stunk, they turned it off after 15 =30 min. I watched the

whole thing twice total rubbish.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Goooooooooooooooooo Kanata

Edit: EHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?

edit on 28-7-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I enjoyed it, it seemed to cover all the bases. We are not China, we are Great Britain, a bit eccentric, with a sense of humour and a sense of history. We have got great creative culture that we have exported and continue to export around the world. Our music is a great part of our cultural history and was given a prominent role, something China would never be able to compete with.

I thought the whole thing was well put together and was a great spectacle. We can't compete with China for man power, but we can out do them on culture and humour any day.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
WOW, 46 pages of ATS'ers complaining about the Olympics. What don't you guys hate?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

Pizza and babes.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
WOW, 46 pages of ATS'ers complaining about the Olympics. What don't you guys hate?

Star trek and bacon?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

Big government. Police. CIA. FBI

everyone loves these things right?

lol

edit on 28-7-2012 by Dyzan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I am from the UK and was embarrassed by the starting, but during the industry age (the forging of the fifth ring then forming the final product was amazing) and then moving in to the final ceremony (Mr.Bean/fireworks/homage to Mary Poppins/Chitty Chitty Bang Bang etc) was really nice.

I hope people aren't grasping at straws though "I saw this, and this means this if you look at it from this POV".

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnukeem

At least it was entertaining.... Barley even noticed a sparkle in the London's firework... I talked to over 10 co-workers today, all pretty much said how it stunk, they turned it off after 15 =30 min. I watched the whole thing twice total rubbish.

If it was so bad.....why did you feel the need to watch it twice?........the general feeling in GB was that it was superb, I certainly thought it was....and I only watched it once!

And if anyone turned it off after 15-30 mins...then how the hell can they say that a ceremony that lasted over 4 hours was so bad?

bitter much?
edit on 28/7/2012 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Wasnt so technical?!!!!

Dude! Those little screen behind everyone's seats was a FAB idea!!!!

I loved the whole show! Incredible... cant believe how many British good musicians there have been! Such an amazing influence! They didint forget the pig floating on the factory from ANIMALS album! Excelent!!

So proud of UK (live here) and I'm not even British!
Excellent for doing a tribute to the NHS.
Loved it!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hey it's just my opinion, I need a hobby because I'm expressing myself here? If you don't like it well move on.

reply to post by flexy123

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I liked the opening ceremony I felt like it did a good job of displaying British culture and history. Although im not British so I dont know how accurate and inclusive it was. My only gripe was the little homage they paid to workers of the industrial revolution. All the performers were adults. I know first world countries dont like to talk about child labor in their history, but a lot of children worked hard and died during that time period and I felt like it should have been addressed in some way.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
All the glowing accolades from most of the major publications had me wondering if we were all watching the same show. I have not seen a single American publication so far call this for what it was — overindulgent and boring. If you follow the live comments on Yahoo and other websites during the American broadcast, one will notice that the general feeling was that this was beyond boring. The fact is, most Americans thought the opening ceremony sucked. Most British think the Americans feel this way because they are clueless cheeseburger eating folk who just didn’t “get it.” An Olympic opening ceremony is a global event. We all “GOT” the Beijing Olympics opening ceremony, even if it was in CHINESE and that’s the point. In any language, a global event of this magnitude must have global appeal. Alas, this one just didn’t thrill. The rednecks cheeseburger eating dudes of the world GOT the Beijing Olympics opening ceremony. It had the pomp and splendor of what is expected of an event of this magnitude. My six year old sat through the Beijing ceremony. Now 10, he gave up an hour into this broadcast. If Britain’s plan is is to pass the torch to the younger generation, they should have created an opening ceremony that appealed to the younger generation instead of turning them off.

The show was an awful incoherent mess. The industrial props were sooo poorly made and the performance was haphazard, I thought I accidentally wandered into one of those Fry’s Electronics themed store on Black Friday and were witnessing the riffraff bumping into each other to get out of the store.

edit on 29-7-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
"These dark satanic mills".. was just quoted by the anchor. The music is titled "Hell".

This should tell you all you need to know about whether there's a conspiracy, whether it's all masonic or not, and so on.. but people simply say "naah", and continue watching, oblivious..

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
According to historians, the U.S. has not dipped the Stars and Stripes since 1908 when the Summer Games were first staged in London and shotputter Ralph Rose refused to lower the flag supposedly saying: "This flag dips for no earthly king."

Could that be because "Old Glory" is a MILITARY flag? Yes, America is at war, and under military jurisdiction. And even the peacetime flag, when surrounded by gold/yellow, means military jurisdiction. Lifeguards etc. wear these things in their jacket sleeves, etc..

This is the actual PEACETIME / CIVIL flag of the USA :

Not many people know about this, apparently.. and it's pretty weird. But "Old Glory" is a war flag, there's no question about that.

I wish more people knew these and other basic truths about the world, rights, authority and the system - like the 'strawman' (freeman on the land)... but nope, people don't. Even the very 'awakened' and 'non-sheep' people don't know all this usually..

But the information is out there!

Here is a couple of links to get anyone curious started:

www.lawfulpath.com...
www.barefootsworld.net...

See, I am not making this up..

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anishnaabe
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I Liked the torch, how it spiraled when it was being lit.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Anishnaabe because: (no reason given)

You mean you liked the triangle-shaped torch?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunipop
haha.... they found an excuse to include that giant demonic-looking thing "Voldemort" a.k.a "the Dark Lord' a.k.a "Sauron" a.k.a "The forces of evil" ... Celebrating Harry Potter? Ok sure... more like the grand master of ceremonies ...

Oh my goodness. And people consider this NORMAL? I can't fathom it... what kind of a being would consider something like this harmless and normal viewing for all humanity? And..

WHAT does this have to do with Olympics anyway? .. Children in hospital beds.. in a masonic stadium with masonic pyramids all over the place with 'Illuminated' capstones.. worshipping a demon?

And people said the 1984 olympics with the UFO theme was weird! In comparison, that seems like normality itself.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I went in to this with a scowl on my face expecting to hate it.

For a while I did.

The industrialisation segment was good and won me over, from then on it was a quirky contradictory reflection of a quirky contradictory nation.

A mixture of pomp, pride and self mockery.

I'd rather we weren't paying for the Olympics at all. But given that we did pay for it i'm glad it was properly British. We're a funny bunch, like us or loathe us.

I'm not surprised foreigners don't get it. Never mind, it cost you nothing and I'm sure normal service will resume at the next Olympics.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48 >>

join