It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to save your self if you're choking (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well, i came across this video , and if your like me , in the back of your mind you have always wondered what you would do if you were all alone and you started choking on something , this seems to be more effective than running your self into something , or trying to do the Heimlich

here is a video that might save your life , enjoy

all comments and suggestions welcome .

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

Good info

I am curious what a plan B may look like. Would putting your finger in your throat to throw up be practical?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hmm, never seen that before, I cant hear the audio so I dont know what the guy is saying, but ive always been told if your choking, and nobody is there, to go behind a chair, and slam your diaphram into the back of the chair, creating an upsurge in energy

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this I have a huge fear of that happening to me
so much so that I tend when I am alone to eat much slower almost at a snails pace
and being very aware
of what I eat. I have trouble swallowing pills and I can't tell you how many times I have almost
choked on a vitamin tablet so if I have to take pills of any sort I always do it with someone home.
Thanks for posting!! S&F

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

no,
only if you want to risk drowning in your own vomit

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

no problem , i have the same fear , as many of us do as well , so i hope this comforts you a bit ,

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

no,
only if you want to risk drowning in your own vomit

Yikes, and yuck! Still, I might risk the finger in the throat if nothing else is working, but yea, you have a good point.
I once choked on a fishbone and my friend gave me a balled up piece of bread that worked. A different situation, but I was a bit scared for a moment .

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

Good info

I am curious what a plan B may look like. Would putting your finger in your throat to throw up be practical?

Not at all we can assume. The object is blocking your tracchea not your esophagus.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
That would hurt my boobs

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

From a first aid rrespective, the best idea when choking on something is to breath in hard, and then either cough or exhale like hell. Nine times out of ten it dislodges whatever is caught. Most people who choke panic at the fact they can't breathe and hyperventilate. When I've had people in the past choking, I calm them and then tell them that method. Failing that, a hit in the back with the palm, usually between the shoulderblades will dislodge something along with a hard breath out or huge cough.

Attempting to self vomit I wouldn't advise, as it adds to the crap already in your mouth and can make things worse. After danger and response, a clear airway is the next and most important thing.
edit on 28-7-2012 by 74Templar because: eta + typos

top topics

join