It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Our Enemy and the Instigator of Unrest

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

P.S. I thought I'd share with you a video about Germany and it's economy, which I find quite accurate from personal experience:

I don't have anyone living in Germany that I could ask, and I don't know if this is within the scope of your own personal experience, so I'm hoping for your input...but I would bet the farm on one thing:
The products and goods that fill the store shelves and the homes of the German people most likely are predominantly labeled MADE IN GERMANY....a few imports excepted, of course, especially for exotic goods not endemic to Germany but still enjoyed and desired by the people, such as Swiss chocolate, as a guess at an example.

You are partially right, but it's not just that Germans like to buy their own products, they like to buy them because they are of superior quality. Germans have excellent chocolate, by the way. Although you'll find Swiss chocolate in their stores, there really is no need to import it.
They import things from China just like the rest of the world does, but again.... they like quality goods and Germany produces some very high-quality goods. They don't cut corners.

I bet this could be proven true in any country with stable and productive economic systems.

What would you find in the same search in American? What DO you find?

MADE IN CHINA
MADE IN CHINA
MADE IN CHINA

You can't really blame companies for importing things from China. We the consumers are buying it all up. Whenever you buy something, you effectively vote for that product. You're telling the company "Hey, I'm interested in this and I keep buying it, so keep supplying it". No company or store would be dumb enough to stock a product nobody wants to buy. Americans want the lowest prices, and the only way to get lower prices is to produce things as cheaply as possible. It's a double-edged sword.

And ultimately, the secret to the success of the Germans then and now and any other successful nation is TEAMWORK. The Germans work together as a nation. They don't infringe and their contributions are not invasive to other countries but the benefits are still enjoyed without being perceived as a threat to anyone.

I think that what Obama was trying to convey was that same idea of WORKING TOGETHER...as AMERICANS..,
edit on 7/29/2012 by queenannie38 because: (no reason given)

Teamwork is definitely important, but that's not at all what I got out of Obama's speech. What I got out of it was Obama pointing fingers at the people who've been footing the bill for at least the last 100 years and saying they don't do or give enough. Again.... I am not referring to those who break laws. Obama believes (and he may be right) that since the poor and what's left of the lower/upper middle-class outnumber business owners and entrepreneurs by a large margin, he can safely villanize them and rile up three fourths of America against them to get what he wants. He'll continue to protect his corporate cronies and he'll slowly eliminate their competition by eventually making it next to impossible to stay in business as a medium to small business owner. He'll do that by continuing to raise taxes and increase the fees and bureaucracy as well as regulations. That's not what I call teamwork.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
God...I ask again...why is there not one single thread for the Obama suxx crowd....this thread adds nothing new.

Just the same old whiners and complainers...

God...I ask again...why do people post in threads they have no interest in? This reply adds nothing new to the discussion.

Obama is the current President and I happen to disagree with him on something he said. I wanted to discuss it with other people and many replied while staying on topic. Some agree, some disagree, but the point is we are here to discuss many topics as well as the sub-topics that may spring forward from other discussions. If you aren't interested, don't participate. If you are interested, stay on topic. I don't go around ATS looking for topics I can't stand and post useless replies.

You're free to complain and post anywhere you choose, of course, but I'm also free to address and dislike it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
You are partially right, but it's not just that Germans like to buy their own products, they like to buy them because they are of superior quality. Germans have excellent chocolate, by the way. Although you'll find Swiss chocolate in their stores, there really is no need to import it.
They import things from China just like the rest of the world does, but again.... they like quality goods and Germany produces some very high-quality goods. They don't cut corners.

Somehow I had the feeling that the Swiss chocolate was the wrong example...LOL...but you got my point, anyway.

The stuff we get from China is not at all what I would consider quality goods and I think if we were going to import anything predominantly, for the right and sound reasons, it would be stuff from Germany and other countries who take pride in their work. I agree totally with the fact that Germany produces good stuff...and in some stuff they definitely excel. Automobiles to mention one thing I find exemplary in the safety category, much like the Volvo...but last I heard the Volvo brand is now owned by an Asian country but I forget the details.

But you kind of hit on my point with what you were saying. I wonder what the unemployment rate is in Germany...I need to look that up. Americans are very capable of producing high quality goods if given the chance.

The reason we can't afford anything but Chinese junk...and find nothing but that on our shelves...is because our government spends ALL resources on WAR. I, for one, took the thought one day that I was sick of buying MADE IN CHINA and vowed to not do it anymore. Impossible! And even on a not-so-tight budget at the time, it wasn't that I couldn't afford products made elsewhere but that I could not hardly find any! And I'm not talking just the local Wal-Mart but online goods as well, even the higher end clothing is MADE IN CHINA with some exceptions...a lot of my clothes are made in India because I like that style. But it is apparent to me that Chinese industry suits their exports to American tastes and style trends.

There are trade agreements with China that dictate more about what is on our shelves than our preferences. I don't feel we have much choice. Even the people who manage the departments at Walmart don't get to specify what stocks the shelves according to regional preferences and culture, but just get shipments of which the contents are decided elsewhere higher up.

You can't really blame companies for importing things from China. We the consumers are buying it all up. Whenever you buy something, you effectively vote for that product. You're telling the company "Hey, I'm interested in this and I keep buying it, so keep supplying it". No company or store would be dumb enough to stock a product nobody wants to buy. Americans want the lowest prices, and the only way to get lower prices is to produce things as cheaply as possible. It's a double-edged sword.

I find that the moment I decide I like something, it is no longer available! I know no one is reading my mind but it sometimes seems that way. I don't even bother to talk to the store management anymore because the answers I got were all basically the same...they don't have much say-so on what goes on their shelves, either, unless it is a unique type of store or boutique.

So they send what they want us to buy and we have to buy it because that is all there is.

Teamwork is definitely important, but that's not at all what I got out of Obama's speech. What I got out of it was Obama pointing fingers at the people who've been footing the bill for at least the last 100 years and saying they don't do or give enough. Again.... I am not referring to those who break laws. Obama believes (and he may be right) that since the poor and what's left of the lower/upper middle-class outnumber business owners and entrepreneurs by a large margin, he can safely villanize them and rile up three fourths of America against them to get what he wants. He'll continue to protect his corporate cronies and he'll slowly eliminate their competition by eventually making it next to impossible to stay in business as a medium to small business owner. He'll do that by continuing to raise taxes and increase the fees and bureaucracy as well as regulations. That's not what I call teamwork.

I'm not seeking to argue against your views because they are yours and you are absolutely entitled to them and I feel sure you think these things out as much as you can and aren't on a rant.

But here is another facet to this issue that you might not have heard about...these kinds of things seem to get very little exposure by the sources we get our information from in favor of sensationalizing on other things that maybe showcase a poor or unclear choice of words.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join