It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Our Enemy and the Instigator of Unrest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
When Obama was first elected into office I was hopeful. In a little sort of way I actually believed that it would be a positive change. I especially liked his promise of transparency and the end to war. I recognized that he inherited a big mess and it would be a lot to cope with. I believed that it would take a year or two before things started getting a little better with the help of some of his policies, but I was wrong. As time progressed I felt more and more anger toward the way he was running this country. His past speeches and broken promises made me angry, but this speech made me livid. There is no doubt in my mind about his intentions now. It's as clear as day now. He (and his administration) is the enemy.

Let's begin where it started. Obama took that speech from Senator Elizabeth Warren, who gave this idiotic speech in her own State. I don't know about you, but it really pissed me off for a couple of reasons which I discuss below. She starts talking about it approximately 53 seconds into the video:

There's Nobody in This Country Who Got Rich on His Own, Says Elizabeth Warren

Here is Obama's speech:

Their logic is all mixed up, or maybe she and Obama are hoping that none of us will notice if we get emotionally involved. Their goal is to rile you up and get you pissed off at the business owner (big or small) who (in their opinions) isn't paying enough taxes. If you watch the video, you will notice she says that every business is successful because of the taxes we pay to pave the roads they deliver their goods on and tax dollars paid to educate your workforce for example. Then Obama comes in and says "Government invented the internet, they put in the research so businesses then could make money off it".... ummm....... Government didn't invent a damned thing. A few smart, hard-working, industrious people invented the internet with the help of tax dollars paid by big and small businesses and by the people those businesses employed.

Where do we get our tax dollars? Do we get our paychecks from thin air? Do we get them from our Government? If you get your paycheck from the Government, where does the Government get it's money from?

They got it from the hard-working, industrious person! Someone thought of a useful product, worked hard to put it into production, hired us and gave us a paycheck to pay taxes out of. In addition to that, didn't the owner of that business also have to pay taxes on his road to success, and is he tax-exempt now that he's doing business??? No! That person and business has been paying their tax share for quite some time, giving them every right to use those roads and the workforce to continue with their success. Obama speaks of these people as if they were not part of the human race and didn't have to have parents and grandparents who also paid their taxes and made their money from other industrious people who started companies and paid taxes.

I am not defending those who practice tax-evasion, fraud and the blatant abuse of employees or the legal system. Those people should be punished just like any of us would be punished for the same crimes. I'm speaking for those thousands or millions of businesses (big and small) who conduct business in a fair and legal fashion, and who employ many of us. I'm speaking for the millions of business owners who sacrifice their own time and money to keep their businesses alive and keep their employees employed. I'm talking about those who are just barely making it and those who had to go out of business because they didn't have the right connections to get bail-outs from G. W. Bush or Obama.

Elizabeth Warren and Obama attempt to turn us against each other, to turn the poor against the ones perceived to be rich. Obama takes it a step further and tries to turn us against those who say they work harder than we do. I'm not mad at the hard-working, productive and industrious members of society and I recognize that there are a lot of people who work a hell of a lot harder than I do. I envy their drive but I don't hate them for it. If they want to think they're better than me, maybe they are in certain ways. If they piss me off, I just might work harder to prove them wrong. I'm not going to be part of that Commie mob who smashes their windows, kicks them out of their big house and steals all their valuables because I feel like they should belong to me instead.

Why do we need more taxes, by the way? What's wrong with the current tax rate or the tax rate before that??? Is it because we continue to fight trillion-dollar wars overseas that the American public doesn't want? Is it because the Government wants to reward those who refuse to feed and clothe themselves through hard work? Is it because they need more goons on their payroll to do their bidding and win their elections for them?

If Obama and Warren are right about one single thing, it's that in a basic sort of way nobody ever made it on their own. DUHHH Mr. President!!! I was not born on my own, I did not feed, clothe and educate myself all on my own, and most of the time (assuming it's not a Government agency) an organized group of people are able to accomplish more together than a single individual on his own...BUT...don't use this as a way to separate us, unjustly punish one group for the sake of another and create animosity between us! None of us are stupid enough to think we're on this planet all thanks to ourselves and nobody else. Every single one of us (rich or poor) is aware of the fact that we help each other survive. The poor need the rich and the rich need the poor. We all need each other and we should all be treated fairly by our Government who is supposed to represent every single one of us. It's despicable for Obama, Warren or anyone else to use the stage to unify one group against another. The Government is the fat, useless middle-man who pokes you with a stick and tells you it was that other guy. Then it offers to clobber him for you if you give him more power and let him keep what he beat out of the guy's pockets. It's time we take out the middle man and recognize him for the evil instigator of unrest that he is.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Nope. I honestly think that Obama was placed in the White House to rile up dissent against the government. This is to distract you from the fact that your entire government has been sold out from underneath you. Your government is not your enemy, it is the people and corporate interests that run it that are the real enemy. This is the end result of years of unfettered capitalism, which inevitably lends itself to corruption of a large scale. This is why I honestly think the States will devolve into a civil war within the next 20 years. What happens between now and then is almost impossible to predict, but there are patterns forming. The States appears to be going through a state of Balkanization. The same problems (both real and imagined) were described in the Balkans right before the genocide in Bosnia Herzegovina. The same political degradation, the same class-bickering (eventually evolving into class-warfare), the same anger placed on the wrong people, and the list goes on. If nothing is done to change the current paradigm, I think the future looks quite bleak for the States. The question that burns in my mind, however, is what does that mean for Canada? I constantly wonder what our role would be in such a situation, with a civil war raging so close to our borders. It would be damn near impossible to not get involved.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Obama's speech made no sense to begin with.....I understand the whole you didn't build that crap to an extent....BUT

There was a time there wasn't a government, people who formed the government had to get funding somewhere right?

Oh yeah, the PEOPLE funded the government with taxes.....That is who started it and the only one's who can end it!!

Government gets their money from the people, and the people get beat down by the very people who they helped start this mess!!!

If you walk into work and tell your boss you are taking money out of his paycheck to pay for whatever you want and it is none of his business, how well would that go over??

We the people are the boss, and until WE THE PEOPLE demand the change, this crap will continue forever and ever....The government only gets more powerful each day the people don't act or react to the crap happening daily!!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

Nope. I honestly think that Obama was placed in the White House to rile up dissent against the government. This is to distract you from the fact that your entire government has been sold out from underneath you. Your government is not your enemy, it is the people and corporate interests that run it that are the real enemy. This is the end result of years of unfettered capitalism, which inevitably lends itself to corruption of a large scale. This is why I honestly think the States will devolve into a civil war within the next 20 years. What happens between now and then is almost impossible to predict, but there are patterns forming. The States appears to be going through a state of Balkanization. The same problems (both real and imagined) were described in the Balkans right before the genocide in Bosnia Herzegovina. The same political degradation, the same class-bickering (eventually evolving into class-warfare), the same anger placed on the wrong people, and the list goes on. If nothing is done to change the current paradigm, I think the future looks quite bleak for the States. The question that burns in my mind, however, is what does that mean for Canada? I constantly wonder what our role would be in such a situation, with a civil war raging so close to our borders. It would be damn near impossible to not get involved.

Whatever his goals, I don't think he's in it alone and I do recognize the fact that there are corporate powers at play here as well. A Government -ideally- is not the enemy of the people, but over time it can become an entity that lives and exists for itself, using citizens to feed itself and grow. The people currently in power have their own agenda. It doesn't seem like their agenda is going to make most of us happy. Obama is their mouthpiece. The fact that he publicly participates and gives voice to their speeches is more than damning and the reason why I call him our enemy. His public figure, his speeches and his false promises are the actions of an enemy. I don't believe that he alone can impact our lives in a destructive way, but he is one pawn in their powerful army.

I don't know what this country will look like 5 or 10 years from now. I hope for the best and I hope people wake up in time to realize they've trusted the wrong "representatives" for too long. It feels like more people realize this, but who knows what trick this administration (or the next) pulls out of their bag just in time to suck everyone back in.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If you read 0bama's book, Dreams From My Father, & Paul Kengor's book, The Communist- about 0bama's mentor, Frank Marshall Davis, you will understand exactly what he set out to do, from the beginning. Would he have been elected had the American people known who he is? Not who he "really is", just who he is.

If you need any more insight into just what the left is intending, you don't need to look much further than their blogs (democratic underground, think progress, tpm muckraker, crooks & liars, & daily kos). I guess the good news is that there are still a few (maybe even "quite a few") cognitive dissonance challenged individuals who are bucking the current party line (I say that because Why are they still there?).

It is no longer hyperbole. America is truly in a fight for our lives.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

I've been made aware of these books and ideals, and it scares me. His father's past in particular is frightening. The Cold War is long over and people forget. They're warming up to the idea of communism under a different name. That word is still somewhat of a dirty word, but most have forgotten why. Americans haven't had a taste of it yet and maybe that's what needs to happen to make them realize why it hasn't really worked anywhere. Of course I wouldn't want them to have to learn from experience.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

You are declaring the President Of The United States as your enemy???

Quite foolish words in a world filled with crazies.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I have mixed feelings about this and do feel obama's comment is being blown a bit out of proportion.

But you make your argument well. I do see how his speech is divisive and seems to pit us against each other. I was just in another thread about this that felt pretty disheartening. The 'greedy evil owner boss man' schtick is growing tiresome. Obviously there are some truly selfish fat cats out there but most small business owners are honest and hard working folks.

Anyways I do feel there is some truth in obama's words but the residual effects and sentiments are bothersome.

I guess I just have to chalk it up to him catering to a base who wants things taken from someone else and given to them without any effort.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

I have mixed feelings about this and do feel obama's comment is being blown a bit out of proportion.

But you make your argument well. I do see how his speech is divisive and seems to pit us against each other. I was just in another thread about this that felt pretty disheartening. The 'greedy evil owner boss man' schtick is growing tiresome. Obviously there are some truly selfish fat cats out there but most small business owners are honest and hard working folks.

Anyways I do feel there is some truth in obama's words but the residual effects and sentiments are bothersome.

I guess I just have to chalk it up to him catering to a base who wants things taken from someone else and given to them without any effort.

I'm glad you're able to see it from my perspective at least partially. While I believe everyone is entitled to a few mistakes, these are pre-written and very deliberate speeches. The reason you see some truth in his rhetoric is because a little bit of truth is necessary to make his words believable. It's a lot like those stories or movies that are based on a true story. They take a little bit of what really happened and mix it with a lot of B.S. People walk away from it thinking at least 50% of it happened as portrayed when in reality barely 10% of the true story made it in. Some of the best fiction is good because it's believable. Republicans (of course) are milking this story for all it's worth, but regardless of who wins this election year, we the people will most likely lose. It's all a game, an illusion.

Until I experience a President who doesn't try to divide and conquer, who attempts to cater FAIRLY to all groups, who doesn't pander to one social class over the other and who makes decisions based on what's good for all of us, not just the rich or just the poor, I will continue to believe that our politics are completely compromised from both the Republican and Democratic side.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I think I'm pretty clear in my OP, but nowhere do I suggest anyone go out and "eliminate" what is only part of a much bigger problem. I'm no threat to anyone and I don't condone violence, especially when the solution is as simple as voting for a better option. Have we been presented with a better option? I'd like to think that Ron Paul is/was that option, but I'm also aware of the enormous political and financial hurdles that would have to be overcome to make that happen. We have a lot of incredibly intelligent people in this country and it frustrates me that they don't have a chance at the current Presidency due to cronyism and deep-seeded corruption.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

You're not the first person I've seen on ATS use the word '0bama' instead of 'Obama.' Care to explain why you type it that way? Is it meant to be read as 'zerobama,' making some sort of trollish political statement? FYI that would be against the rules on ATS.

I love how you make a post with, honestly, nothing but hyperbole.. and then say that it isn't hyperbole.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The battle between collectivists and individualists has existed for sometime now and Obama didn't invent it, he is merely carrying the banner for the collectivists in this country at this time. He does, however, have as much right to free speech as any person does and it should never have surprised anyone that he was a collectivist. I think perhaps the primary problem that exists today in the battle between collectivism and individualism is that individualists don't generally run for public office, nor do the regularly engage in propaganda for some individualist type movement as such a notion would be antithetical to the principles of individualism.

The individualist will see through collectivist propaganda and indoctrination. They are not the ones who easily fall prey to collectivist indoctrination. Individualists are not known as followers. Followers look for a leader to follow and Obama foots the bill for many followers. Individuals tend to build businesses and enterprise, followers tend to work for those individuals. There are more followers than there are leaders in this regard. The collectivist leader understands it is a numbers game. This is why "democracy" is so admired and vaunted in American politics, it is a tool for collectivists and they want their followers to believe that their numbers can justify any action at any time as long as the "majority" is in agreement on the action and time.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

You use perfect capitalization until it comes time to type 'Obama' and suddenly your shift key is broken. Don't you feel that as a 'super mod' you should hold yourself to a higher standard and not get caught up in the political trollin' game? Surely you're making a conscious effort not to capitalize the word - you're obviously a smart lady, I don't believe for a second that it's not fully intentional. Whatever your personal feelings on his presidency, you should be above using the same old tired political troll tactics.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Chill your dealio dude. I'm on my tiny phone. Lol

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Monger

Chill your dealio dude. I'm on my tiny phone. Lol

I'd believe that if you didn't use capitalization at all. Except that you did, perfectly, except in any instance where the president's name was typed. The behavior goes hand in hand with the '0bama' thing, not to mention 0bammy, Bammy, o'bammy and the myriad other ways users have of expressing their disdain for the man. It's childish behavior is what it is.

And before I get called an obamabot, or 0bamabot, or whatever, I don't like the guy. He's a greazy politician and there isn't a politician who isn't bought and paid for.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Maybe you're not familiar with auto correct. It adds punctuation and caps. My phone will put Obama and obama's. It fixes one but not the other. Not my fault.

Honestly don't get too paranoid or sensitive about it. I probably have his name written a million times on this site all in their proper caps. My phone didn't capitalize the possessive form of obama's. I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Don't take it all so seriously or you'll go crazy. For realzies. I'd fix it just to be nice but it's too much trouble controlling the cursor to make edits. Lol

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

And before I get called an obamabot, or 0bamabot, or whatever, I don't like the guy. He's a greazy politician and there isn't a politician who isn't bought and paid for.

You've spent several posts now anally taking others to task for political trolling and then, astonishingly so, you defend your actions by politically trolling...not to mention you yourself used a lower case o for "obamabot". Give ashley (Just kidding Ashley) and that other member a break. The topic isn't about how Obama's name is used in terms of grammar, it is his policies and political promises that have been questioned.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Gotta admit I feel rather foolish now. At least you were a good sport about it... now I have egg all over my face, lol.

Again, let me reiterate that I'm not a fan of Obama, but political trolling in any form buggers me off. I don't like Ron Paul but I hit alert on the word 'paulbot.' Same goes for lefties politically trolling against Romney. ATS is above it - I come here to participate in constructive discussions and people clearly trying to derail them stick in my craw. I guess I'm at a point where I'm seeing it everywhere.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

How do you figure, Sportsfan? Where was I trollin'?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Obama is an enemy of all who value freedom and liberty.. Don't worry though outkast, everyone knows you can't see yet. The anti-koolaid glasses just don't work for some people.. If it means anything to you, you do have some peoples sympathy.. (not mine though)

Obama is the greatest threat to the national security of the United States in it's entire history. (yes, even more than Bush)..

In a communist dictatorship like China, if I said the above in a public venue like here, about Hu Jing Tao,
I could expect to be jailed and most likely tortured and "re-educated"

Is this why you think it is dangerous to expose and call out Obama? Because you envision America and Obama being already like Hu Jing Tao's communist party?

Didn't you know that when people are afraid of the government, that it is tyranny ?
When government is afraid of the people there is freedom...

edit on 27-7-2012 by alienreality because: eta

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join