It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympics 2012: The "Events" (SuperMegaThread)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
There's been a lot of talk and speculating about these specific Olympic games and now, they're finally here. There will be over a billion people focused in on their favorite Olympic athletes and proudly watching their country compete; and you will be one of those eyes. EYES will be everywhere. That's what this topic is all about! What do you SEE?

While you are watching the games...what do you notice? What do you feel? What is your mind like? You are the commentator, what's going on? How is the competition? The atmosphere? The energy????

Also, feel free to post pics, links, streams and videos of these Olympic games.

Share YOUR Olympic moments with ATS!!!On your mark...Get set...Go!Watch the Olympics

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I will tie on here with the thread I made about the Mayor of London predicting“the Geiger counter of Olympo-mania that has been spreading through the city in the last couple of days will go zoing off the scale”.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That no one seemed to care about but I thought interesting...
edit on 27-7-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
I will tie on here with the thread I made about the Mayor of London predicting“the Geiger counter of Olympo-mania that has been spreading through the city in the last couple of days will go zoing off the scale”.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That no one seemed to care about but I thought interesting...
edit on 27-7-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

I read that same article...and thought that was a rather interesting comment. Good catch!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Olympics 2012: The "Events" (SuperMegaThread),

>OP's post is less than 500 words
>OP's post contributes nothing
>This is only the third responding post.

(SuperMegaThread),

inb4 LOLWUT.

edit on 27-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The Olympics is something that the Elite care about, but not the general public. For anyone who's seen The Hunger Games, they will be able to see the similarity.

Is the Olympics to teach us to compete with each other? To divide us and make us compete against our fellow man instead of working together? Is the Olympics Games to divide and inspire the slaves, and make them into better slaves?

Why is it that in these times of economic crisis the Olympics Games hasn't been cancelled, somehow as if by magic an incredible sum of money appears...shouldn't Greece get that money? In Greece they've got Engineering Graduates picking litter which they then exchange for food stamps.

Somethings not right here!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Olympics 2012: The "Events" (SuperMegaThread),

>OP's post is less than 500 words
>OP's post contributes nothing
>This is only the third responding post.

(SuperMegaThread),

inb4 LOLWUT.

edit on 27-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I made the post because i'm CERTAIN there will be 1,000 different posts made, regarding the Olympics, and now we can all chime in here. What's the "fail" comment for? Your comment is off topic. That's epic failure. Now please, stay on topic. The topic is the 2012 Olympic games. Do you have anything useful to contribute???

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by drbatstein
The Olympics is something that the Elite care about, but not the general public. For anyone who's seen The Hunger Games, they will be able to see the similarity.

Is the Olympics to teach us to compete with each other? To divide us and make us compete against our fellow man instead of working together? Is the Olympics Games to divide and inspire the slaves, and make them into better slaves?

Why is it that in these times of economic crisis the Olympics Games hasn't been cancelled, somehow as if by magic an incredible sum of money appears...shouldn't Greece get that money? In Greece they've got Engineering Graduates picking litter which they then exchange for food stamps.

Somethings not right here!

There's always $$$$ when it comes to the elite, and their agenda. We're the ones that are broke. Not them. It is amazing that we got $$$ to play games...and not enough $$$ to feed starving children.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SpittinTruth

My comment was related to this thread, or the title more specifically. Furthermore, "SuperMega Thread' sounds like a cheap marketing tool to get people to post here, instead of making their own threads which are much more relevant, to the point, and not as scatter-brained as you're inviting it to be.

Let's keep it organized according to the forum blueprint, shall we?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'll go first, no Illuminati, no terrorist, no conspiracy, just simple layman engineering view.

Do you know how fragile the stadium in your pic ?
Each triangle there is being supported by other triangle (counterbalanced), to make things more fragile, the whole triangle thingy is supported by cables that have to work in perfect balance.

I found out this horrible truth while watching Discovery documentary about Olympic preparations, I found out that "everything must work perfectly" so that triangle "can counter balance themselves". I was shocked to learn how risky it is.

Now imagine if 1 cable snapped. Its like removing the lowest card in card stacking. To make things more risky - the stadium doesnt have walls, just twisted fabric to deflect the wind.

I dont want to be in a circus act. Thanks to live broadcast, I'm safe.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I am going to be keeping my eye on this thread but I was wondering, is there any way to watch the opening ceremonies live if you live in the states? I can't seem to find a way online and I don't have regular TV.
Personally I find it odd that it isn't being shown live. Has it been like that in the past or is this something new? I know they are probably doing it so it will be in a better time slot, but still, odd to me.

Also found this quote on CNN
"UK national newspaper headlines have heralded the day as the start of something truly special. "Get the party started," reads the Telegraph, while the Times of London hails "The world in one city." The Guardian strikes a more reflective note as London prepares to host the Games for a third time, saying, "Time to find out who we are."

Sounds ominous if you read it in the context of conspiracy theory.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Saw this too on TV and thought what an odd choice of words.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

My comment was related to this thread, or the title more specifically. Furthermore, "SuperMega Thread' sounds like a cheap marketing tool to get people to post here, instead of making their own threads which are much more relevant, to the point, and not as scatter-brained as you're inviting it to be.

Let's keep it organized according to the forum blueprint, shall we?

I AM trying to get people to post here. I see it worked on you.
I mean, seriously, who the heck wants to make a post...and no one comments? And, what attracts people? One liners. We've got 2 weeks worth of NEWS coming....and the games hasn't even started yet. Do you know how many threads will be made, in 2 weeks, regarding these Olympic games???

Now, do you see why i put "SuperMegaThread"???? Would you like a spot of tea?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Nothing will happen.

There will be no aliens.

There will be no false flag terrorist attack.

There will be no Rik Clay Prince William revelation.

There will be no Bluebeam fakery.

There will be no Illuminati massive magick happen.

There will be a faintly embarassing spectacle of music and dancing, then some pretty fireworks, then some sport which goes on too long.

Then we'll be shafted with a multi billion pound debt.

But to answer your questions, I'll be bored then turn it off.

Can we merge all the zomgolympics!!!11! threads into one big super-dooper awesome mega-thread rather than having a brazilian of them?

edit on 27-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thegrayones
I am going to be keeping my eye on this thread but I was wondering, is there any way to watch the opening ceremonies live if you live in the states?

Are they streaming it on BBC iplayer? Can you get that over there?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Thegrayones

I'm looking into it. I'm sure someone is streaming. I'll post a link when i come across one.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

Yep but nobody seemed to care...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

Can you access that over there?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

" I'm sorry, we can't show this content in your area."

That's what I get when I follow that link.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

www.bbc.co.uk...

Can you access that over there?

Nope. But dont worry....i'll find a stream. Maybe you can webcam it, and stream it from Justin.tv?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Thegrayones

That was my quandary in another thread. I want to see it live. Then again, most things on the television in the U.S. are not live anymore. Thanks, Janet and Justin!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join