It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympics 2012: The "Events" (SuperMegaThread)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thegrayones
reply to post by khimbar

" I'm sorry, we can't show this content in your area."

That's what I get when I follow that link.

Aah right ok. There are ways around that, but I'm not sure on forum rules allowing me to mention them.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I am sure that if you search for "BBC stream free" or "Olympics stream online" on Google (just type it) you will find something. That's what I do when I need to watch the football from South America

I would find it for you but I am in the UK and anything I would click it will show.

Now you know how it feels... I have to stream all shows at all times.. good old sidereel.com

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by drbatstein
The Olympics is something that the Elite care about, but not the general public.

Well, I am not one of the “elite” (whatever that is), and I care about the Games. You are speaking drivel. The Games are a fantastic event which brings thousands of competitors together and where people strive to be the best sportsman or sportswoman.

Originally posted by drbatstein
Is the Olympics to teach us to compete with each other? To divide us and make us compete against our fellow man instead of working together?

You sound like one of these liberal educationalists who think children should not “win” or “lose” and wants to ban competitive sports because there are winners and losers. They want to re-engineer society into utter blandness and conformity. This is complete twaddle.

Sport brings people together, unless you are a woman in Saudi Arabia, that is! Of course, I could sit on my bum complaining on ATS, but I’d rather take up a cricket bat and go and have some fun with likeminded individuals who play to win, but laugh when they lose.

Regards

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I watch a video on YouTube where it states that the Underground red line was closed for a while one day. Apparently it happened just beneath the stadium...

I remember reading something about it but I didn't find it suspicious in anyway... NOW I DO!

I try to find the video

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

You sound like one of these liberal educationalists who think children should not “win” or “lose” and wants to ban competitive sports because there are winners and losers. They want to re-engineer society into utter blandness and conformity. This is complete twaddle.

One day the Olympics will replace the gold, silver and bronze medals.

Everyone will get a 'participation' trophy.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I see M Obama is over there...wondering if Mitt is still there...let's have a list of all the elites in one spot at one time...hmmmm???

I am too nervous to watch it live. Any event like this makes me nervous.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Is this the right stream channel? I don't know how many BBC's there are, and which ones are showing it.

Link

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
BBC One for sure!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I think you may have found your link! and luckily there are 5 streams just in case one fails

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'm kind of excited. Not so much for the Olympics...but just to see what comes about. We've all heard conspiracy, after conspiracy, after conspiracy; now we get a chance to see what the "elite" have in store. This is going to be an exciting 2 weeks for me, and the competition has nothing to do with it. I'm interested to see what everyone else thinks. I want to be an outsider looking in. I can't wait to hear the stories.

I've already been fascinated with the way the stadium was constructed. I hope that thing doesn't snap.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by azulejo

Yay, thanks for telling me. I didn't think I was going to find a live stream. Hopefully this stream holds out as well as it is now.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
Is this the right stream channel? I don't know how many BBC's there are, and which ones are showing it.

Link

Yup! It's working here!!! Thanks so much for posting this.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Yes, it works! Thank you for finding a legit link. Searching via Google was giving me a million dead ends and pay per view stuff.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Can I ask something though?

With so many videos on YouTube saying about "something" happening during the Olympics... would it still happen? When so many people are aware somewhat about it?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
There has been reports of a fire in Weymouth where the Olympic Ceremony also takes place.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by azulejo

How does a fire break out in the men's toilet? Interesting. Guess it could have been electrical.

Why are there only 300 people they are managing? You'd think the place would be hopping already.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
pad and pen ready! 1.5 hours to go!!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I'm sad,
nobody pay attention to my "engineering disaster waiting to happen" post.

Maybe I should add some expected death toll ?
My disaster version sure beats any car bomb any day.
Maybe my disaster have no expected date...hmmmm

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NullVoid
I'm sad,
nobody pay attention to my "engineering disaster waiting to happen" post.

Maybe I should add some expected death toll ?
My disaster version sure beats any car bomb any day.
Maybe my disaster have no expected date...hmmmm

That's not true....this is what i said, above:

I've already been fascinated with the way the stadium was constructed. I hope that thing doesn't snap.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
1 hour left for the 'games to begin'. Let's see what comes of this. I hope someone records the opening ceremonies, for those that are unable to view it live. I wonder what everybody, athletes, governments, citizens, are all thinking, right now. All eyes are about to be focused on 1 place!!!

<< 1    3  4 >>

join