It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flip Flopper Romney Embarrasses Himself on World Stage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Well, speaking as a Brit, I think he came over as a complete tool yesterday.

As someone has already pointed out, the BBC news- the most watched news channel in the UK- is biased to the right, and the fact that it was a repeatedly reported headline on the day where they were trying to focus on whipping up support for the Olympics, shows how angry they were about it.

Even Boris Johnson- another upper class oaf (and somehow, mayor of London!) looked polished and professional compared to Romney at an Olympic ceremony where he said to the crowd "a certain American claims we are not ready for these games. London, are we ready?" and managed to get thousands of people to shout "yes!".

I really hope Romneys aides realise what an arse he made of himself with this- these were exactly the sort of foreigners he should have been getting on with- Conservatives white English speakers. Cant imagine how he would fair with the French, Germans, Italians never mind Asian or African nations.

Still, Foreign policy was never a strong suit of 'W' Bush, and he managed two terms (shudders).

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by resoe26

How bout we not choose Obama or Romney...

There was a time when that was possible. But it doesn't appear to be possible any more. The American people have shown how truly blind they are and it's too late to turn back now.

Ya I know.
- "Here ya go American citizens. These are the only two puppets you have to choose from. Make sure you vote now!!! Remember, your vote counts!!!"
Depressing.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by UKTruth
In an interview in the US Romney talked of how he worries about the security and public service strikes in the UK that could hurt the Olympics, doubting the Games' success. He turns up in Britain, stands outside Downing Street and declares how impressed he is with the organisation and how we in England are set up for a great Games.

The English media certainly picked up on it, portraying him as a complete buffoon - rightly so.

I am still astounded that the American people could let this man anywhere near an office of Government. Shocking.

Sooo, why didn't the UK press get as outraged when Michelle hugged the queen ( he spoke over the playing of God Save the Queen amid embarrassing silence)? Or when Obama toasted the queen? Or when Obama referred to the Falkland Islands as the Maldives? Or when Obama claimed Austrian is a language? There seems to be quite selective outrage based on what party you're in.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

In an interview in the US Romney talked of how he worries about the security and public service strikes in the UK that could hurt the Olympics, doubting the Games' success. He turns up in Britain, stands outside Downing Street and declares how impressed he is with the organisation and how we in England are set up for a great Games.

The English media certainly picked up on it, portraying him as a complete buffoon - rightly so.

I am still astounded that the American people could let this man anywhere near an office of Government. Shocking.

Sooo, why didn't the UK press get as outraged when Michelle hugged the queen ( he spoke over the playing of God Save the Queen amid embarrassing silence)? Or when Obama toasted the queen? Or when Obama referred to the Falkland Islands as the Maldives? Or when Obama claimed Austrian is a language? There seems to be quite selective outrage based on what party you're in.

Well they luved Obama,
olympics.time.com...

anyone see the excerpts form the rehearsals of the opening program?
olympiczion.nl...
edit on 063131p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

What the hell has Austria got to do with England

I guess Americans should be completely outraged if foreigners think that Mexican is a language

Most Brits couldn't care less about royal protocol either. Mitt has just made a fool of himself and as you admitted there is selective outrage about, that depending on if you support him or not.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Romney ... inept, unqualified, inexperienced and rough around the edges.

Why are you astounded by it? The American people let Obama into the White House.
Obama did .. and is still doing .. the same kind of thing. Romney and Obama = same/same

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Really? After 8 years of Bush you still wonder??

There is not much things in USA politics that can surprise me today... unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

Here! Here! Yes, indeed. I plan to do what I can by voting against him. I'm surprised that he didn't suggest that everyone wear "Magic Underwear" to protect themselves. The problem with this guy is, he's bought his way into the election by being rich. He's as fake as they come, and myself and many other people can see right through him. It's funny to see him go to Europe ( a continent whose various political structures he demeans ) and make an arse of himself.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

and why didn't Republicans protest the out of control government spending for the last decade,
the expansion of government, the signing of the patriot act, domestic spying previous czar appointments, previous NDAA, Fast and Furious when Bush started the program and a whole list of constitutional
infractions?

Selective outrage based upon what party you're in.

If you slacked off and shined it on then, you are a larded hypocrite now, only you know the
truth.
edit on 27-7-2012 by pisssss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
Well, speaking as a Brit, I think he came over as a complete tool yesterday.

As someone has already pointed out, the BBC news- the most watched news channel in the UK- is biased to the right,

The Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation to the right?

Are you sure?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

The alternative much worse. As for the flip flop, he originally said he was worried about the security and public service strikes when her first arrived, hell Britain itself has been worried. After being there, isn't it possible that his views changed after seeing that Britain had fixed most of the concerns he had?

Either way, flip flopping on the issue of the Olympics hardly should be a concern or cause someone not to vote for Romney.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tide88

Either way, flip flopping on the issue of the Olympics hardly should be a concern or cause someone not to vote for Romney.

I agree

The fact that he flip flops on literally EVERY issue should be a cause and concern not to vote
for Romney.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

and why didn't Republicans protest the out of control government spending for the last decade,
the expansion of government, the signing of the patriot act, domestic spying previous czar appointments, previous NDAA, Fast and Furious when Bush started the program and a whole list of constitutional
infractions?

Selective outrage based upon what party you're in.

If you slacked off and shined it on then, you are a larded hypocrite now, only you know the
truth.
edit on 27-7-2012 by pisssss because: (no reason given)

First off, Bush had nothing to do with Fast and Furious and he didn't start it. There was an operation called Wide Receiver, but it wasn't anything like Fast and Furious. Here is a article on the differences, which are quite large.

Wide Reciever vs Fast and Furious

As for the other comments, all necessary due to 9/11 and fighting two wars.
edit on 27-7-2012 by tide88 because: (no reason given)
edit on 27-7-2012 by tide88 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pisssss

Originally posted by tide88

I agree

The fact that he flip flops on literally EVERY issue should be a cause and concern not to vote
for Romney.

Obama flip flops have been much worse than Romney's, since Obama's flips are actually actions he has taken and not just words.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales
You would think that republicans despise everything about Britain, but maybe they still think it's 200 years ago and we're a fascist dictatorship that wants to rule the world

No, they think the London Blitz is still going on and have romantic ideas about Churchill getting on the radio every night and rallying the valiant British people to victory over the Nazis.

Seriously, I think that's the image of the current U.K. they have locked in their collective minds.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
I really hope Romneys aides realise what an arse he made of himself with this- these were exactly the sort of foreigners he should have been getting on with- Conservatives white English speakers. Cant imagine how he would fair with the French, Germans, Italians never mind Asian or African nations.

In many ways the Asian nations, at least, can be quite conservative in their attitudes. My fear, though, is that upon meeting with their leaders he might stretch the corners of his eyes with his fingers and start doing a bad mock Chinese accent as an attempt at a joke. It's the kind of thing he'd probably actually think was funny.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Indeed, when Boris Johnson can make you look like an idiot ........abandon all hope.
I guess now at least we all know for sure Obama is going to be re elected.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath

Originally posted by JailTales
You would think that republicans despise everything about Britain, but maybe they still think it's 200 years ago and we're a fascist dictatorship that wants to rule the world

No, they think the London Blitz is still going on and have romantic ideas about Churchill getting on the radio every night and rallying the valiant British people to victory over the Nazis.

Seriously, I think that's the image of the current U.K. they have locked in their collective minds.

Could be correct though no? Obama is British if born in Kenya 1961, he is at least half British via his father. Perhaps the empire is re forming? the financial instruments of the City having had 50 odd years to do their nasty business.....
edit on 27-7-2012 by trustnothing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Romney went to England and thought he would have the default support of "his own kind" of people.

“We are part of an Anglo-Saxon heritage, and he feels that the special relationship is special. The White House didn’t fully appreciate the shared history we have”. - Romney Campaign

Source:
Mitt Romney would restore 'Anglo-Saxon' relations between Britain and America

Mitt Romney would restore "Anglo-Saxon" understanding to the special relationship between the US and Britain, and return Sir Winston Churchill's bust to the White House, according to advisers.

Apparently, that other guy just doesn't get that whole "Anglo-Saxon" thing.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Anyone in my view who supports Romney is just silly. To each there own but even with his slip ups and mistakes, he is just a idiot from the get go. He speaks of things he has no clue of. He blatantly slanders those he should be peaceful with. He lacks and real tact and is so full of crap and himself that a person can hardly tell the difference between a pile of crap and him.

I dislike Obama but at least he is somewhat intelligent even if he is a miserable failure. And to be fair, Obama has made his fair share of slips as well. All of my opinions aside. Neither candidates are worthy of the office. I mean, why don't we just write in Dan Quayle's name if we want an idiot in the White House.

edit on 7-27-2012 by Flint2011 because: Typos

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join