Flip Flopper Romney Embarrasses Himself on World Stage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by seabag

Romney may have had a point. But the statesman, keeps those views to themselves when in the hosts nation. Not embarrass the host nation by blurting them out in a TV interview. Still if thats what you guys want and the best you can offer, who am I to judge.

The only comments Romney made in the UK were ones of praise of their success. So what views are you referring to?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by Nite_wing

Originally posted by MrSpad
Romney seems to say the wrong thing all the time. I just do not get it. Surely he has a staff that helps him avoid saying stupid things they know will end up getting picked up by the press. How does he keep doing stuff like this?

Remind me how many states we have?

Your talking about a gaff. Something said by mistake. Those are common to all candidates who have a camera on them 24/7. We are not talking about a gaff here. We talking about throwing cold water on Americas closest ally right before you go visit its leadership. Who would think that was a good idea?

And how did he do that again? By congratulating them on being successful? Don't let hatred blind you my friend.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

sorry UK, he is one of the defective batch that got away. We will put him down properly when he is returned.

He is a typical corporate goon. Don't let this guy near your daughters, whiskey, or savings....they have no chance.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
Ever had a date and been worried and then you get to the restaurant and realize there was nothing to worry about?

Yes, but you don't say that to your date.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by repressed

Ever had a date and been worried and then you get to the restaurant and realize there was nothing to worry about?

Yes, but you don't say that to your date.

My point was that is not a flip flop. Now to complete the comparison he didn't tell his date. He told his friend (US media), and then he told his date how great a time he had (what Romney told the UK media). His date just happened to hear he was worried from the friend.

Now let me give you a tip, letting your date know you were nervous isn't a bad thing, because they probably were too.

There is no gaffe here, no embarassment. If anything this is EXACTLY what we need in DC, a man who is willing to be honest about what he thinks, rather than telling us what we want to hear.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
London didn't build these Olympics, other people did that for them,

Well it has cost the tax payer over 11billion, so they were built by the tax payer, if thats what you mean. The corporations just come in for a bit of image sanitizing and to promote unhealthy lifestyles.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

a man who is willing to be honest about what he thinks, rather than telling us what we want to hear.

You and Robama are jokes.

CX

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Mountain made out of a molehill in my opinion.

He talked about the Olympic mess ups being "disconcerting". He was right, it was. Certainly wasn't some huge gaff that set relationships back centuries as some seem to imply.

However at Downing Street he seemed polite and respectful of the Olympic organisers, realistic in that these things happen in all Olympic build ups, and appeared to smooth any doubts over ok.

I really don't see it as a major thing at all. Looked quite ok with the whole proceedings.

At Downing Street, i was surprised to hear him say that he'd met with MI6, i figure some things should be left unsaid unless he was doing it to show how "in" he was agencies like that abroad. Otherwise i thought he did well not responding to the Syria questions, instead stating that that was for the current leaders of the admins to discuss, not someone that is running for the position. Not whilst he's abroad anyway.

I'm not giving him a thumbs up for President or many other things, i just think this was made way too big a deal.

CX.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

The ones in the interview, where Romney points out his concern of the private security firm and the strike that was cancelled the day before.

I guess you didn't hear them. I have levelled far worse accusations at our Olympic organisation, but then I'm not potentially the head of State of one of the worlds most powerful nations.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
reply to post by UKTruth

Aww c'mon!! According to Team Romney the Brits should love Romney...he is white! Unlike the current potus!

“We are part of an Anglo-Saxon heritage, and he feels that the special relationship is special,” the adviser is quoted as telling the newspaper. “The White House didn’t fully appreciate the shared history we have.”

Shows how little he knows about Britain if he thinks being white means we have a special relationship. I'm sure that for most Britons, even many conservatives, Obama is viewed more highly.

I don't know why these right wing Americans always have this nice rhetoric about Britain, just who do they think we are? Do they not realise BRitain is one of the worlds most "leftist"(by republican definition) atheist nations in the west?

You would think that republicans despise everything about Britain, but maybe they still think it's 200 years ago and we're a fascist dictatorship that wants to rule the world

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

The ones in the interview, where Romney points out his concern of the private security firm and the strike that was cancelled the day before.

I guess you didn't hear them. I have levelled far worse accusations at our Olympic organisation, but then I'm not potentially the head of State of one of the worlds most powerful nations.

Yes, the same concern that the BRITTISH publicly had and were forced to use soldiers due to said concerns. Romney did not say anything the Brittish had not ALREADY publicly said. Then when he was actually there in person he praised their work. If you want to know what a gaffe is it's returning the bust of a Brittish hero.

A few weeks ago people were worried about the queues at Heathrow. How were so many people going to get into our busiest airport in the days running up to the Olympics?

www.independent.co.uk...
There's Jeremy Hunt talking about other well publicized concerns about London.
edit on 27-7-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

It's called tact sir.

If you go to your friends home, eat his wife's Lasagna and then declare

"Wow, this actually doesn't taste like sh!t"

You are in bad form and you probably don't have a very developed sense of diplomacy.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by lives

a man who is willing to be honest about what he thinks, rather than telling us what we want to hear.

You and Robama are jokes.

It's like the real half of him is a sensible guy and the the fake half of him is pretending to
be a mentally handicapped redneck conservative.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Lets face it though the london olympics has been a badly run farce since it was announced, the organising (or lack of) has been an embarrassment.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

im English and i dont no a single person who would choose Romney over Obama.... Period.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

According to our brilliant POTUS that would be 57, right?
Talk about an idiot!

I'll take flip-flopping Mitt Romney over the undocumented buffoon we currently have in office any day of the week.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Seeker Mom

I agree with everyone who looked at the reality of the situation, that once he saw how well things were going at the Olympics, he walked away impressed. As for those brilliant folks who question why he should have any opinion on how the Olympics are organized, you are nitwits. He was put in charge of the most recent Olympics in the US in Salt Lake in 2002, and managed to clean up a huge mess of corruption.

Get the facts before you mindlessly bash someone, by doing so, you are no better than the fools you claim to point fingers at!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

1. He is republican and they are republican. Most dont really know what republicans stand for nowadays, but white, southern, country, pickup truck drivin christians must be republicans. thats just how it is.

2. Hes white. The fact is, a huge majority of "white" people are still racist and dont like a black guy in office. Thats just real life. Dont feel like debating that fact.

3. Brainwashed by the tv.

The last point is the only true one in that list. If those first two points were correct then Ron Paul probably would have came out on top. Let me give you a more realistic list.

1. Romney is a young "handsome" guy with charisma and "smooth" moves. He's cool and calculated, he fits right in with the establishment. He believes in typical orthodox big government policies. Ron Paul is an old "crack pot" who often dishes out controversial rants. Ron goes against the orthodox grain and believes in dangerous "extremist" policies.

2. People are taught to think in a mob mentality. They don't want to be the odd one out, the group outcast who votes for the "weird guy" and not the slick young red blooded American man in the business suit. He's wearing a nice suit, so obviously he must be the more qualified man for the job, Ron Paul is clearly just a crazy old fool with totally "Un-American" policies.

3. Clearly Romney must have the interests of the American people at the top of his priority list. He has operated his own investment firm and understands how the economy functions, and knows how to fix it. He has the management skills and ruthless determination required to perpetuate Americas global dominance and maintain the unchecked spending spree.

In conclusion, Romney is a deceptive con-man with the charisma of a used car sales man. A wolf in a business mans clothing. He is pro-status-quo and will do exactly as the banks and corporate backers instruct him. He pretends to be a righteous American, but doesn't want you to know how many working American jobs he has destroyed in the past. He does understand business operations, but he has used that knowledge to buy out and destroy countless American businesses all in the name of a quick profit. He is a ruthless control freak with a stone cold heart and not a shred of morality or empathy, and he will continue to propagate Americas illegal wars around the world in order to maintain the American way via the use of direct brute force and blood shed around the world. He will also continue to build up the debt at unprecedented rates in the name of maintaining the American way, whilst robbing future generations and ensuring that America will self-destruct at some point in the future.

And this is what people want, people are ok with this. They do understand, in some way, that the only way their current life style and way of life can be maintained is via global bloodshed and uncontrolled spending, and they know Romney is just the guy for that. On the other hand, Ron Paul is insisting on smaller government and other sacrifices which could jeopardize the American way of life and Americas global status. He wants to take the road to recovery, which means giving up certain things and biting the bullet. The hard road to recovery. But most Americans are fat and lazy slobs, who prefer to take the easy road; the road of excess violence, excess spending, excess government, excess flag waving around the world. This is what America has decided and they know just the man to get the job done. A robotic corporate sleaze ball backed by big bankers. The man who portrays all the despicable values that are reminiscent of what America has become, the literal personification of American greed.
edit on 27/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
How bout we not choose Obama or Romney...

My problem with many jive A$$ turkeys my age, is the majority of them think that they are either Rep. or Dem. ... Why are those the only two "major" parties that folks have to chose from....
These parties pick what, One candidate to represent them mostly??
And whoever LIES and sucks the Sheeple D**K the best wins??? FML

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

How bout we not choose Obama or Romney...

There was a time when that was possible. But it doesn't appear to be possible any more. The American people have shown how truly blind they are and it's too late to turn back now.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join