It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flip Flopper Romney Embarrasses Himself on World Stage

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thrustbucket

When you mention that "you didn't build it" comment...are you talking about the twisted version the rightwing media use, the one where they leave out an entire section of what he said so people don't get the context?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

Don't worry, he'll be soundly defeated.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

Truth is many people are just sick and tired of Obama and his politics. They want him out of office, but I ask them is Romney really a better alternative???? Truth is both candidates are just different shades of the same color except I would say Obama is more implicit and Romney is more explicit. My father told me that he would be voting for Romney this time. I asked him why and he said, "if Obama wins then it would simply be more of the same failed policies except things will continue to deteriorate at the same pace, however, if Romney wins perhaps things will deteriorate at a faster pace".

When I asked for his reasoning he said, "I feel maybe what we need is for things to go from bad to worse quickly, so that people can begin to wake up and start paying more attention to the important things (like what's going on in politics) and stop paying attention to garbage (reality tv shows etc.)". So his rationale is that it will take an entire collapse of the system in order for people to wake up, which by then, I believe it will be a bit too late.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIllusiveMan
reply to post by UKTruth

Truth is many people are just sick and tired of Obama and his politics. They want him out of office, but I ask them is Romney really a better alternative???? Truth is both candidates are just different shades of the same color except I would say Obama is more implicit and Romney is more explicit. My father told me that he would be voting for Romney this time. I asked him why and he said, "if Obama wins then it would simply be more of the same failed policies except things will continue to deteriorate at the same pace, however, if Romney wins perhaps things will deteriorate at a faster pace".

When I asked for his reasoning he said, "I feel maybe what we need is for things to go from bad to worse quickly, so that people can begin to wake up and start paying more attention to the important things (like what's going on in politics) and stop paying attention to garbage (reality tv shows etc.)". So his rationale is that it will take an entire collapse of the system in order for people to wake up, which by then, I believe it will be a bit too late.

First of all - 'many people' does not tell much. Many people are tired of current system, but nothing we can do about that either.

You father has an idea, but after 8 years of GWB, is it possible even to do worst??? (2 wars, broken education, many frauds by big corporations, f-up foreign politics....)

I don't think that there is much to choose between Obama and Romney, for clear reason that Romney really represent his .2% rich Americans. I don't find myself in the same group as those rich folks....

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKTruth
In an interview in the US Romney talked of how he worries about the security and public service strikes in the UK that could hurt the Olympics, doubting the Games' success. He turns up in Britain, stands outside Downing Street and declares how impressed he is with the organisation and how we in England are set up for a great Games.

The English media certainly picked up on it, portraying him as a complete buffoon - rightly so.

I am still astounded that the American people could let this man anywhere near an office of Government. Shocking.

Romney wasn't the only one with worries about the security was he? Or did you want him to come to your house and spit in the soup while he was there too?

And obviously, if you consider our last 2 presidents... you'll understand that Romney is the least of the buffoons we'll trot out there.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
There are only a couple reasons why people like romney.
1. He is republican and they are republican. Most dont really know what republicans stand for nowadays, but white, southern, country, pickup truck drivin christians must be republicans. thats just how it is.

2. Hes white. The fact is, a huge majority of "white" people are still racist and dont like a black guy in office. Thats just real life. Dont feel like debating that fact.

3. Brainwashed by the tv.

I ask romney supports all the time why they like him, and only one out of A LOT actually said something to do with policies/ideas. 90% doesnt know what he stands for.

The huge majority of whites are racist?

Obama was elected by while people dummy. 75% of the electorate is white. Don't make statements you have no clue about.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Romney seems to say the wrong thing all the time. I just do not get it. Surely he has a staff that helps him avoid saying stupid things they know will end up getting picked up by the press. How does he keep doing stuff like this?

It would make one wonder why. The logical reason behind this, is because Mitten was chosen to be the loser of this election. Much like Kerry. Romney was put into place to lose against Obama. Its not like we have had any real choice for as long as I have been alive. And before I was born, it was the same thing. Long after I am dead, it will be the same game, different faces.
While those who work for Mitten may not fully understand this point. But from looking at all this from a distance, it is fairly logical to come to the conclusion that Mitten is suppose to lose to Obama.

The clear fact is, Romney will not win this election. And I would be willing to bet all my chips on that... I was right about Bush Vs Kerry.. When everyone thought deep down Kerry would have a chance.
Mitten will not win.. And this is the reason why.

That is my answer to your question Mr. Spad.

Edit--- Added personal notes
This election has been one of the most mentally driven races in any day to the human race so far! Every part of our lives are playing into this grand illusion! Here lately, and sometimes even I feel its real, and or forget what an elaborate illusion this really is. I have to remind myself, its only a game.

This is like controlled chaos. But with a touch of human nature, they key to making things work as if they are seamless. You have the grace of human nature, a trait that comes from the top of your head. You get Mit up there and he just wings it really. The grace part at least, as Mit has a very well paid team to think of what he should say and how he should say it. Has has controller who help him with his body language, and teams of other people who cover all of those other bases. Its all very well laid out, and put out for that grand illusion that goes on once every 4 years. But there is much they have no control over, such as human nature. And the unknown unknowns. But I think they are over doing it. And just out right making him look bad. Just know there is a reason behind that fact.

And the media. Well thank you Daily Show, for doing what you do. Granted, even the Daily Show plays into the control and coverage of the election, just in a way that is able to be processed by viewers like me.
I love the Daily Show.
edit on 27-7-2012 by zysin5 because: 1.1

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
he is more two faced than anything and says what he thinks certain people need to hear. I am sure they will spin it some how. kinda how some guys spin how they got caught cheating into something innocent and the gf believes it

yes usa we are that gf it happens every four years we keep picking the liar instead of the boring consistent fellow. keep at it you dumb broad

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

Romney would be another Bush Jr... which was certainly funny.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
support for that dumb mug would be an example of social darwinism. he supports, condemns, suppresses encourages, denies and supplies so much bullpoo you need wings to stay above it

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
support for that dumb mug would be an example of social darwinism. he supports, condemns, suppresses encourages, denies and supplies so much bullpoo you need wings to stay above it. if a attention monger for lack of better word is ignored until it is ignored by everybody
edit on 27-7-2012 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I haven't seen any media outlet, right-wing or otherwise, NOT link to his entire speech..

If you watch that and it doesn't frighten the hell out of you, then you would probably be happier in Europe.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

HAHAHAHA LOL!!!!

This is so true tho! And it is sad! while i voted for obama, and regret it, there was no other option as McCain/Palin would have been worse than bush. I guess im just mad that obama lied so much, and failed to do what he said, but then I look at the alternatives, and Dr. Paul is not one of them, and Romney... well you summed it up!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lucifuge

Ill vote for Paul over obummer, but ill vote for obama over romney

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Romney is a young "handsome" guy with charisma and "smooth" moves???

You must not get out often you if you think that he has charisma and smooth moves. Money doesnt mean you have charisma and smooth moves. Obama has charisma and smooth moves. You will realize this when they debate and obama makes romney look like a douche in front of the world. And i dont like obama, just stating the truth.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Brtitain DID have lots of serious security issues, and in fact had to hire a new security firm AND bring in military at the last minute. Politics aside, Romney did a pretty damn god job at the Salt Lake Olympics...

PLUS, he already retracted his question. "Is Britain ready," and today said, "Britain is ready."

This thread just looks like a bunch of Obama Zombies taking pot shots at their foe.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Apparently the campaign committee of Mitt Romney has just given up on him. Or he was really never slated to win the presidential election in the first place.

Any competent campaign and I've helped on a few national ones for both the GOP and dembs as well, has people constantly coaching and rehearsing the candidate to try and keep the guy focused on message and not make the bonehead statements that Mitt is constantly making. And his wife isn't helping with the demeaning slander and put down of the non elite classes with her "people like you comment" .

I guess the GOP doesn't care anymore and is happy to let Mitt run his mouth where ever he wants to in hopes they can salvage 2016.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I worked on the first Nixon campaign so I know conservatism. Whatever the GOP is today, it isn't conservative. I used to hope the GOP would stop nominating extremists. Now I'd just love to see them nominate someone smart.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

Romney talks like a moron, walks like a moron and he reminds me of goofy. He is not political material, he avoids the hard questions, Obama will destroy him in debates. He really embarrassed himself but so disconnected, I don't he realizes that he's going the dan quayle route. Saturday night is going to love him! Jay Leno is having a blast with him! Who's next for the Replublicans? Octomom?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Anyone who votes for this guy is either a fascist pig or an ignorant f#. How can anyone vote for someone who was part of OUTSOURCING AMERICA. He is the problem. If you vote for him, you get what you deserve. See you on the fema train, my last request will be to not be put in the same box as you. Romney is a disgrace to the people of america and if he gets elected, it only shows that the election is rigged and we have no choice in the matter. OH wait, thats aready happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join