It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dancing policeman at olympic event ceremony!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This is what your taxes go on UK guys

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'd rather have my police dancing with residents than harassing them. I don't see anything wrong with police officers interacting with the community. If there is a crowd like that there, nothing wrong with having police officers present either.

They should be there after all in case the people need protection, not walking around with a chip on their shoulder looking to muck someone's day up...
edit on 26-7-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sopheruk

At least our police are a bit more approachable than in some countries. Nice to see people smiling at the police for a change

I dare say that he got called into his commanding officers office for a bit of a chat the next day though.

edit on 26-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I think it's ok he entertained the crowd.

Not very good dancing but better a dancing cop than a bullying cop.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Good, glad to see my taxes paid for that.

Better than illegal wars, and bailing out banks.

Oh and shooting people.
edit on 26-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Cops aren't allowed to express their humanity? Just do your job, Mr. Policeman?

edit on 26/7/12 by AdamsMurmur because: clarity

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Why don't you just chill out and relax a little bit. He was showboating and entertaining the crowd. Some people will criticise the police no matter what they do.

Just get over it.

edit on 26/7/2012 by iskander683 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
He still dances better than I do...my dancing usually just offends others

Better a happy, dancing policeman than an angry, bullish policeman. Should have pulled out some moves done by Lt. Dangle....

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The comments that have come in have been a little refreshing to be honest. The cop bashing here gets a little thick in some threads. And if there had of been a dozen comments agreeing with the OP it would have been a little disheartening.

(Outrage) when the police abuse their powers on people, (outrage) when they act like normal people and bring something positive to the community.

I'd like the second police action to be more common than the first. And it never used to be so "us vs. them"

Take a look at this video from nearly half a century ago with the Hells Angels Bikers "having it out" with Police. www.youtube.com...

Talking about "keeping the BBQ in the back."

Fast forward a few years and look at all the crap that has come along since then...

link   
Im not a fan of the police, but i see nothing wrong with this.

Better than our taxes being wasted on bailing out banks and paying off dictators.

link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
Cops aren't allowed to express their humanity? Just do your job, Mr. Policeman?

edit on 26/7/12 by AdamsMurmur because: clarity
i worked as a Armed Guard for the government. All the wanted was a Barny Fife. Cracken on people, prodding. Well, that just wasn't my style. I was a Andy, and when Andy saw the corruption, they fired him. Ill be a "Andy" no matter what, they cant take that away from me

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

So, what exactly is your problem with this?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Whilst our policemen are busy dancing in the street, drug dealers are murdering our children

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Im not a fan of the police, but i see nothing wrong with this.

Better than our taxes being wasted on bailing out banks and paying off dictators.

agreed...doesnt the badge say protect and serve? like positively servicing the community providing security and positively interacting with the citizens? isnt this the way police are supposed to act with the community? (when there is no danger to protect from)

i wish there were more police like this officer...at least that we would hear more about police like this

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Its good to see there are still good cops out there. Its a shame they are a dying breed, but as long as there are still some, there is still hope for the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11
Whilst our policemen are busy dancing in the street, drug dealers are murdering our children

so jaded lol....one policeMAN....and wouldnt you rather hear this than another shooting? the government and alphabet agencies push the drugs in to the country...the "thug dealers" are patsy middle men...middle men will always be around as long as the supply is coming in steady...people need their money, and are taught that it does not matter the cost...

i am more than happy to hear about a positive face for this police department...if only the police in Indiana were like this...not driving drunk killing people...not shooting innocent people, or covering up when other cops screw up... on my street at home a cop was charged for busting dealers...then turning around and flipping the confiscated stash back on the streets...

life will be better when we realize we control our own happiness...not by throwing salt on an already happy circumstance

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11

I didn't know we only had one policeman in charge of everything? Wow, he must be tired.

Oh and I don't have any children.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I can put my hand on my heart and say that most of the Police Officers I've had to deal with (especially the ones I encountered as a child and through my work with the MOJ) are total scum who are always looking for an excuse to stitch someone up, so seeing one with a sense of humor is refreshing.

Don't get me wrong, I know that there are good ones out there, but their numbers are few and the actions of the scumbags just tarnishes the reputation of the entire force. Oh and for the record, I've never had one crime that I have reported solved by the Police and as a result I almost got done for ABH/GBH (can't remember which as it was 20 years ago) for taking back my property from a thief...who couldn't steal anything after I'd broken the ba$tard$ fingers. *grrr*

Rev

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sopheruk
This is what your taxes go on UK guys

If he doesn't do that he would stand there with a grumpy face. What's wrong with having a smile and making people smile?
Also ffs do explain how this costs more tax payer money than just standing there looking like a zombie?
thread

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I'm sorry, don't your alien friends dance? Policemen are human beings, not just bound by title and badge. They can't have some fun on the job while the crowd is well maintained? Chill out. I also notice you started a "normal" topic thinking it would save you from the flaming your lies will cause tomorrow, it won't.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join