It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After stating he wouldnt pursue gun control Obama pursues gun control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Seems just yesterday Speaker Beohner and Obama both said they wouldnt push for more gun control.

Today I awake to this:

In his first remarks on gun violence since the movie theater shooting that left 12 people dead and dozens injured, Obama reiterated his support for the Second Amendment. But the president also said there should be limitations on guns like AK47s, which “belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals.

Sound's like a throwback to the highly successful '94 AWB that prevented Columbine....oh, that's right. It didnt.

Not just classic AWB positions but the ever popular "we must do stuff that we already do" line pops up too:

Obama said he believes most gun owners would agree “we should do everything possible" to prevent criminals and fugitives from purchasing weapons and that criminal records should be carefully examined before they obtain firearms. The president, who also spent time with victims of the Colorado shooting on Sunday, also offered that "a mentally unbalanced individual should not be able to get his hands on a gun so easily.

You mean like the NICS check?

Obama isnt alone if he's never heard of it. Every anti poster on ATS says "we need background checks" as if they're completely ignorant of the NICS system. Nobody would comment on something that they know nothing about, right? I mean, that'd be silly.

Obama drags out the "Common Sense" corpse

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Not surprised. :shk: Ref: The Colorado shootings ...
'never let a good crisis go to waste' - Rahm Emanuel - of the Obama administration

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Holmes didn't have anything criminal in his background; just a traffic ticket. Everything he supposedly did was legal. This gun law doesn't apply here.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
Holmes didn't have anything criminal in his background; just a traffic ticket. Everything he supposedly did was legal. This gun law doesn't apply here.

Nor did he have an AK-47 but Obama mentions it specifically mentions the rifle several times.

No doubt because to most Americans the AK-47 conjurs up images of spooks like terrorists and Soviets so it suits the agenda well.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Then maybe you should go back and see the full speech this was taken from. Not a thing he said was untrue, including his acknowledgement that there will be no gun control coming out of Congress anytime in the foreseeable future. He didn't just address certain problems this country has with firearms, but it's overall violent tendencies. The truly amazing part of the whole thing is how successful the NRA has been in painting him out to be the consummate anti 2nd amendment President when policy wise he has been the most gun friendly President in decades. Gun control laws he signed = 0, Allowing firearms on Federal public lands and in Federal parks =1.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Politicians are notorious for deflecting opposition by denying their agenda. One thing that is for sure is they (from the words of former WH CoS, Rahm Emanuel) "never let a good crisis go to waste." Then there is the issue of whether or not that crisis was manufactured....that is the subject of another thread BUT as FDR once said "there are no coincidences in politics."
edit on 26-7-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Last time I checked, US soldiers didn't use AK-47's.

Unless I missed a memo?

Did I miss a memo?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Many other articles has Obama quoting it's too easy for criminals to get their hands on weapons, that there should be background checks on gun applicants. Excuse me, but isn't that already being done? You can't just walk out of the store with a gun, it takes time.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Nopers beezer, my battle buddies still carry the M-4 carbine, actually the onlu US soldiers I know of that get to carry an AK is spec ops.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by beezzer

Nopers beezer, my battle buddies still carry the M-4 carbine, actually the onlu US soldiers I know of that get to carry an AK is spec ops.

Then why is our commander-in-chief talking about soldiers and AK-47s?

He don't have a clew.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

But the president also said there should be limitations on guns like AK47s, which “belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals.

Yeah that is 9 kinds of stupid but it is to be expected how the hell does he explain fast and furious then?

We all saw how well they keep guns out of the criminal hands.

Lot of Ak-47's that were being fired and killing Mexican nationals not going to say an ak killed Brian Terry and it wasn't an ak-47 that james holmes used.

Last time i checked the ak-47 was the preffered weapon of choice for all "revolutionists" for the past 60 years.

Then of course Clinton parrots Obama coming to the support of the UN small arms treaty sorry lost track of the lies by Obama, and those who claim the support the 2nd and then say stupid crap like the above.
edit on 26-7-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by beezzer

He don't have a clew.

Perhaps if one of our people get shot with an AK we can call a corpse man! Although, I don't know what a dead person will do for you in terms of trauma management. Evidently we have them in the ranks though.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

He don't have a clew.

Because to your average moron (read: anti-liberty freaks) all long guns are AK-47s. It's a buzz-word that's familiar to the unwashed masses, a word that easily conjures up scenarios like Columbine. It keeps the scare going.

Obama is a lying fascist sum-human. It's really pathetic that people actually listen and believe anything he says.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

He don't have a clew.

He didn't say "American" soldiers, beez. Remember, most of the communist nations' and Arab nations' militaries still use AK-47s heavily.

top topics

join