It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Volcano erupts, caught on camera awesome shockwave

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
www.news.com.au...

The volcano is spewing ash onto Kagoshima City in southern Japan, with residents forced to walk and drive through thick clouds of ash.
The eruption was filmed live from a number of angles, with the moment of explosion looking eerily like a huge bomb.

that has some power behind it..

poor Japan, good luck!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Wow...nice, video, at least from the cheap seats.

These guys just can't catch a break.....seriously, I am starting to expect the entire society to just throw their hands up, sit down, and say, 'that's it, I'm out, I'm done'

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
www.news.com.au...

The volcano is spewing ash onto Kagoshima City in southern Japan, with residents forced to walk and drive through thick clouds of ash.
The eruption was filmed live from a number of angles, with the moment of explosion looking eerily like a huge bomb.

that has some power behind it..

poor Japan, good luck!

This might be the coolest volcano eruption caught on camera....stunning!

Poor Japan though....jeez.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Thats it?? A 20 second CRAZY EXPLOSION of a Volcano??

But wait, how often does this Volcano explode?? And has this been a problem in the past??

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Here it is on youtube, a little easier to view for me:

That's some pretty awesome power. Just look at those shock waves and the way the ground is moving.

And to think what Krakatoa must have sounded like... It was deafening, heard some thousands of km's away.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Great video
How to hide a nuclear test ,drop one inside a volcanoe

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

But wait, how often does this Volcano explode?? And has this been a problem in the past??

Sorry dude,
I'll let the cameraman know your not impressed.

TBH I'd never seen anything like it, and i feel a little bit smarter having seen it!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
that was awesome. I never really thought that volcanos were still kicking. I thought they were ALL dormant. There are a few videos on youtube of the same volcano, it must go off frequently.
No life was affected according to youtube video. Its in south japan where stuff all people live. Thanks for the vid

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
WOW! Did those trees spontaneously combust? Can you imagine being on that mountain side?
edit on 26-7-2012 by DAVID64 because: punctuation

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I was speaking more to the duration of the video.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

I was thinking the same thing.... The next thing I thought was the allstate guy saying....

"allstate, we don't protect against that $h!T"

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JarredAus
that was awesome. I never really thought that volcanos were still kicking. I thought they were ALL dormant. There are a few videos on youtube of the same volcano, it must go off frequently.
No life was affected according to youtube video. Its in south japan where stuff all people live. Thanks for the vid

There are 200 active volcanoes throughout the world, Google 'volcanoes'

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Sakurajima has indeed ramped up in the past few days. Watch her here
www.opentopia.com...
or here
webcam-svo2.pr.kyoto-u.ac.jp...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Man, that thing just went bizerk and blasted ash like way way high. When that vertical column collapses, are there going to be pyroclastic flows coming down the side of that thing?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I don't know the folks sweeping up just looked like it was another day at the office.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

They do often explode. That's how Mt. St. Helens erupted, which was pretty unforgettable for those who remember it. I'm pretty sure this video below is based on a series of still photos that were shot. As I recall there were no actual films or videos of the eruption shot. I think they took the stills and and morphed them to create this video:

The Krakatoa eruption of 1883 was likewise an explosion, actually four explosions, only on a much bigger scale than either of these. They were so huge that they were heard as much as 3000 miles away. That would be like living in New York and hearing an explosion that happened in California.
edit on 7/26/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Thats pretty insane, hope japan doesnt have any trouble with it .
Im glad all the volcanoes in Australia are dormant

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
This video doesnt connect to the OP but i thought this was worth sharing since we are on the topic of volcanoes

edit on 26-7-2012 by wewillnotcomply666 because: video didnt embed 1st time

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
BOOM BADA BOOOM

Reckon some time in future our kids will be taught about the lost island of Japan?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
double post

edit on 26-7-2012 by stolski21 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2012 by stolski21 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join