It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone Registed on ATS this AM and Posted On My Profile - Their ONLY activity

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Has this happend to anyone else here?

This am, a user created an account @ 6:48 am. They went to my profile page and posted a oneliner. A Taylor Swift song name. That was it. No other posts, no threads, no info on their profile.

Please feel free to go to my profile to see the user and the post...also know I am not the type that has any "fans" and no one I know personally knows of my activity on this site.

Any ideas? Thoughts? What is the significance of the song? Is this weird or has this happened to any one else?

CJ

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

At first, a thousand thoughts raced into my mind, and the winner was: Someone who is already a member made a new account just to post on your profile. I never listened to Taylor Swift. I'm reading the lyrics and listening now. I'll let you know if I draw more conclusions.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Never had a one liner as you mention but have had people that were not active members sent odd messages to me when I used a female in my profile image. Around a similar time, the first time I had experienced that, other members with "female" avatars had as well. Seems to be a form of trolling in that case? Yours sounds suspect.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

My guess is a secret admirer.

You should either feel flattered or ooked out.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
That is a very optimistic user name. Should you be flattered or paranoid?
*insert Psycho music here*

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Sounds like an admirer..........

I'm Jealous !

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Thanks for the response. I am not so savvy as to understand anything like creating a new user account so, yeah...

CJ

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Yeah, I guess people think "Jens" is Jen pluralized but it is a guys name...I hope no one thinks I'm a gal!

CJ

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

More ooked out than anything. For the life of me I can't figure out why I would have an admirer. As you know beezer I'm typically argumentative...

CJ

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

had people that were not active members sent odd messages to me when I used a female in my profile image

You gotta love the people who seriously think it's easier to hook with someone here , than in the real world. I know people meet on the internet all the time, but not the way you're describing. I like to play online games, and I used like to choose the one avatar that attracted me the most from the available female options. That ended real quick. As you can imagine, I'd get the dumbest people trying to hook up with me. I'm surprised there aren't many more missing people. For all they knew, I was an obsessive compulsive serial killer.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Well, your admire is in for a surprise, Hey ?

If you get creepy U2U's, then I would worry..........

Use Lethal Force.

Take Hammer to Computer. Problem Solved.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I think his username says it all.

You have a secret admirer.

Sure it's not your boyfriend or husband playing tricks on you?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

My guess is a secret admirer. You should either feel flattered or ooked out.

Yea, an Admirer on ATS...

No offense to our membership, but yea take pass on that one.

Could be some dude posting from some bunker somewhere sitting on an arsenal.

Looking for his "eve" to repopulate the earth after SHTF...

Unless your into that kinda thing...

LMAO at being a dude... I really hope its someone that thinks your a chick, thats funny.
edit on 25-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by beezzer

More ooked out than anything. For the life of me I can't figure out why I would have an admirer. As you know beezer I'm typically argumentative...

CJ

NO!

I would never had guessed!

Seriously though? Harmless for the most part, in my humble opinion. Though I'd carry some internet mace just to be on the safe side.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
First of all I like the term ooked out. Stolen.

Secondly, let's all post songs to ColoradoJens!

Third, secret admirer or weird advertising. Don't act like you guys haven't gotten drunk and made out with that avatar.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I guess so, lol. I was thinking maybe they are just messing with me. I have a couple folks on ATS who I know would like to give me some comeuppance. Just thought it was bizarre...

CJ

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Well I think someone is trolling you, the name RomanticLover sounds like a joke maybe it's someone you know in real life? They either have a great sense of sarcasm, or their taste in music is questionable.

I've met some really cool people online, actually. ^_^
edit on 25-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

No!!! Stop making out with my all too common jpeg off the internet! I never really got around to figuring out the avatar thing and always get the "free for use" jpegs...maybe I'm overreacting. I notice though your cat lipstick is a little smeared...

CJ

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Lol your jpeg has been around the block, at least mine is somewhat brooding and scares off potential stalkers I think, maybe potential friends though, too... hmm.
edit on 25-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
I notice though your cat lipstick is a little smeared...

CJ

Just Priceless.................

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join