It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper Ice-T Defends Gun Rights: "The Last Form Of Defense Against Tyranny"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

This man says it like it is, and rightly so. Politicians pushing anti-gun laws so that the people are rendered helpless...Its just baffling, the reasons behind these.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

"No. Not really," Ice-T responded. "If somebody wants to kill people, they don't need a gun to do it."

"Makes it easier though, doesn't it?" the host pushed back.

"Not really. You can strap explosives on your body. They do that all the time.

So I imagine the British reporter was hoping to get some idiotic sound bite to make the American gun mentality to appear as a bad thing.

It looks to me like the reporter got his "idiotic sound bite".

Unless of course you don't think there's a huge difference in mentality between shooting someone and suicidally strapping explosives to yourself to kill someone?

The "American gun mentality" is a bad thing. If you want to justify civillian gun ownership using an interpretation of what the Bill of Rights actually said, that's fair enough. But one hand gun and one or two clips of ammunition should serve your needs in that respect. There is no need for any civillian to be owning arsenals of military grade weapons and have cupboards full of bullets.

One could argue the needs of gun club members or competitive shooters steps outside of that remit. Fine. Limit the amount of weapons a club member is allowed to own, with no automatic weapons allowed. Keep those weapons secured under lock and key when not in use, and keep all ammunition (a limited supply) under secure storage at the club premises.

That way you can own your hand gun and have access to it any time you want it on your own property, and you can own your higher power weapons and have the ability to discharge to them any time you choose in the safe environment of a gun club.

Make any other possession illegal, with a mandatory prison term of 5 years.

Then sit back and watch for a few years as gun crime in America gradually declines, whilst at the same American society still has access to firearms.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Motorhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mach5

This man says it like it is, and rightly so. Politicians pushing anti-gun laws so that the people are rendered helpless...Its just baffling, the reasons behind these.

Americans are already helpless, how many laws and policies have been implemented that have eroded personal freedom? If I am to take what I have seen across the net, on here and elsewhere, then there are hundrerds of legislation that have been put in place that basically smash down on freedom. So how has owning a gun helped solve that tyranny? Guns for protection, both personal and at home, is all well and good but don't believe there is any protection against government, not while the government control the military. It's all a falacy. If government wanted to render the general public totally helpless they could, literally over night.

I do believe owning a gun for protection is certainly a good idea, but don't think America or any other developed nations people could stand up against government if civil unrest broke out between the people and the powers in place.

As much as we all hate it, the vast majority of us are well and truly under control because we don't control the switches and that's just how it is.

If you want to beat tyranny, switch off your PC and live totally off the grid and even then you will have to hope that you live in an area of this planet that cannot be surveyed by government and military, which is now near on impossible.

We all speak of revolution, but we're 100 years too late, now one way or another, we're going to get stamped on, left, right and centre!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Motorhead

The "American gun mentality" is a bad thing. If you want to justify civillian gun ownership using an interpretation of what the Bill of Rights actually said, that's fair enough. But one hand gun and one or two clips of ammunition should serve your needs in that respect. There is no need for any civillian to be owning arsenals of military grade weapons and have cupboards full of bullets.

Who are you to say what one does or does not need? The constitution does not limit what arms, or how many arms one can own. It's that simple, we put up with enough "infringement" as it is.

One could argue the needs of gun club members or competitive shooters steps outside of that remit. Fine. Limit the amount of weapons a club member is allowed to own, with no automatic weapons allowed. Keep those weapons secured under lock and key when not in use, and keep all ammunition (a limited supply) under secure storage at the club premises.

Stupid idea. Might as well just rent a gun in that case. I need my guns here, they do me no good in someone else's locker. I don't need a gun club, I got a range in my own back yard.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Ice T... Lame Rapper... but smart guy.
Wish ODB was still around. WU TANG!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I keep hearing this argument.

Nice find! The right to bear arms is one of the last forms of defense we have in this country from a government out of control

These guns aren't being used against your out of control government/s but against each other, mainly within the poor white and ethnic communities. These guns are helping keep people poor.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling

And those are the guns that are obtained illegally, usually have serial numbers scratched off, barrels changed and hard to trace. Now you're up for taking the guns away from the good people so that those who get them illegally can be the only ones with them???

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I may not like the gangsta part of ICE-T but his view on the Constitution and being vocally pro is awesome...! I do like his opinion on pimping.. : )

Sniper

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKillah

And those are the guns that are obtained illegally, usually have serial numbers scratched off, barrels changed and hard to trace. Now you're up for taking the guns away from the good people so that those who get them illegally can be the only ones with them???

I have no answer to the gun question in the US, just my opinion. I'm not saying all guns should be taken away, it seems to late for that with seemingly most criminals owning guns. Cops having guns, who are willing to use them on even petty criminals, encouraging ALL to take ownership of one. Vicious circle.

I still think there should be tight restrictions across all the states on handguns and assault rifles should not be available to anyone.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Seede

Peruvianmonk What would you call out of control government? Bloomberg of NY City is calling for a nationwide strike of the police forces. Think about that for a moment. The mayor of NY City wants his people to be totally defenseless against criminals. NY CITY bans all of its citizens to own or carry a gun and now he wants the cops to go on strike. Now if that isn't insanity then you tell me what is. Isn't that tyranny by definition? If you think that could not happen then you have your head in the sand, If I were in NY City I would not hesitate to have a gun regardless of what the so called law states.

I would call an out of control government/s,
one who introduces the Patriot Acts,
one which is so intertwined with the money grabbing, environment spoiling, rights taking corporations as to be almost indistinguishable,
one that gives banks money with NO strings attached,
one that commits upon endless war and conflict with distant "enemies" and belligerently threatens any rival, one that will not even provide all its citizens with a free healthcare system.

The list is pretty long.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Admittedly, I have never been able to understand this rap music you youngsters seem to love so much.

Howver, it is nice to see when a former gang member, former felon, has been able to become a legitimate person, with common sense.

Just please dont go passion fruit on us Ice-t. That stuff is absolutely horrendous. Why can I never seem to be able to order NORMAL Iced tea at restaurants anymore?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Dear TGRT,
I totally agree with you, however sad that makes me feel, but as equally sad as it is my point still stands, however impotent it may make some feel.

You can't stand up for gun rights based on the right to bear arms when you're not using that right for it's original intent. Just outright say you like guns, you want guns, you want to be able to defend yourselves with guns against nutjobs wielding guns and the real reason why you're all wielding guns is so distant in the past it's no longer true... honesty i'd respect, outright wrapping it up in a bunch of namby pamby historical fiction just doesn't wash.

Let's face it, you simply cannot actually use that right to it's original intent "against enemies foreign and domestic", because as you so rightly state, the populace IS the enemy in the eyes of both the government and the law.

I'd like for you to think about that for a moment and then maybe the reality of the situation, as seen from someone who can distance themselves, will start to be seen for what it is.

T

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
What a load of BS the government inst America and neither are the police. They are agents of this country and to claim that the intent of the constitution was to wholeheartedly follow agents of this country instead of the people they represent is insane.

The founders knew this was coming because they like all men wanted more power themselves and having come from under the crown were well aware of what total control leads to.

Originally posted by Viesczy
BTW I am PRO-GUN all the way. The money making machine called the NRA is pro-money first.
Derek

Yeah and what have you ever actually done for gun rights ? NOTHING! - so you can take all of your conspiracy BS about the NRA and put it somewhere unpleasant. Without them you wouldn't have gun rights at all.

Talk is cheap and BS like that I can get for a ton a penny.

edit on 27-7-2012 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2012 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

If the 107.4 million daily average american walkers every year held concealed firearms im sure the shooting in texas would not of happened.. If guns were an average standard than the less average and estimated 2,999,500 million psychopaths in the united states who desires are more evil natured are less fortunate to be able to commit these horrible crimes we see today.. Also out of those 2,999,500 psychopaths roughly 2 percent are serial killer material....
(Evil prevails where good men fail to act) Edmund Burke

edit on 27-7-2012 by TheWise92991 because: typing error

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
great video clip. I agree with pretty much everything Ice -T says. except guns are for hunting as well lol.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Motorhead

what! wait wasn't the whole second amendment about being able to protect ourselves from the govt. Wouldn't it be logical that we would need m249's, aks, tanks etc too. We legally are supposed to be able to arm ourselves to match the threat in order to protect ourselves. To me banning fully automatic weapons is a violation of the second amendment. Making it so that you have to own a class 3 license to own or operate a flamethrower should be illegal too if one were to interpret the 2A.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I love how the castrated europeans come in these threads, and encourage violent government overthrow.....
You want us to save y'all from your corrupt governments as well after? Is that why you do it?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I think the day that the government actually comes knocking on the door to take American guns away is the day you will see the 2nd Amendement in full action.

Why aren't you see it now? Because it isn't happening.

As has been said in this thread, to go shooting up bankers may seem like the thing to do, but its not. We Americans get ourselves wrapped up in that to our own accord. We could just as easily keep cash and not sign up for a credit card.

As far as everyone in other countries worrying about our statistics.. well.. don't move here.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

The police are brazen when they have superior numbers and even then they are reluctant to act if they dont know where the suspects are as in the case of Columbine when they refused to enter for hours. Maybe that has changed recently with all of the 'roid use among the force and the inclusion of returning (war tested) veterans to their ranks.
The Second Amendment was not written to oppose the police (local LE) altho that may be the frame of reference in the black community in certain areas; it was written to protect the people from a tyrannical central government.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join