It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Colorado shooting suspect sent plans notebook to psychiatrist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattdel
reply to post by SaltireWarrior

Which summer holidays are you referring to? The one that was 4 weeks ago? The US postal service runs 24/7, minus Sundays. I can send a letter from here, in Massachusetts, to an address in Alaska, and with a .34 cent stamp on it, it will reach Alaska in 3 days. Try harder next time.

If a professor is not on staff during the summer (and most are not, there are far fewer classes than during the "school year",) they may or may not come into the office for weeks at a time. Some are out in the field doing research, attending conferences, and some are just on summer holiday, aka vacation. So it is not reasonable to say that a period of time can go by without them opening their mail.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

So, he sent his manifesto to an address which could conceivably have not been opened until the following semester start? Yeah, sounds like something I believe.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Who knows maybe he mailed tickets to see the movie to the professor. I find it strange they say the package wasnt open yet they state plans were inside. How do you know whats in it till its open?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

I don't know if I'm ready to believe that this guy is being set up by the government but this story does stink!

What if the psychiatrist/professor Did know him Did receive this package ahead of time and he read it and did nothing? The shooting happens, this professor knows now that he did not report it like he is legally obligated to do.

He repackages the notebook, places it into the mail room, calls police about these
" suspicious" pakages and they find the shooters pakage in mailroom instead?
Maybe this professor is covering his mistake.

In my opinion thats a more believable cover up than the "he is a patsy" story. Either way I do agree that
this notebook story has too many wierd circumstances in it and something isn't right.
edit on 25-7-2012 by LorraineRKO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
What do liars do to cover their tracks? They tell grander and even more exquisite lies. Eventually it all implodes on them so what's the best thing to do to stop that from happening? They seal the case of course.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by djr33222

Sorry to but in...

I just want to say that,

Psychotic people also don't meticulously plan tactical operations.

Not if he was catatonic, no, but if he was schizophrenic, he certainly could have. However, as I noted in a different thread, the odds are far higher that Holmes is psychopathic, not psychotic.

The psychology text I was reading today noted that some schizophrenics actually have trouble doing things that require a large amount of planning.

About the package going unnoticed, in my experience, psychology professors are notorious for not checking their mail or getting back to people, they are more the type to make small talk during office hours. I'm sure the notebook will have some more information for us to analyze, and possibly provide a sense of why he did what he did (or, from another perspective, the official reason he did what he did).

Although I definitely wouldn't rule him being a psychopath out, I'm not convinced, either... I do, however, think there might be something wrong with him based on his courtroom video and personality profile. Add in whatever theory you wish about mind control or handlers, it fits nicely here.

edit on 25-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
((checks mailbox))

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Just a quick reply to your first point about obtaining body armor, it is actually pretty easy to get a hold of the armor and weapons he used. I was reading about this program "TOR" which can be downloaded. Once downloaded you have to know how to get to this website called "the armory" basically it's an online superstore for gun traffickers. Things can be purchased from here ranging from handguns to rocket launchers to armored vehicles or even helos.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

So, he sent his manifesto to an address which could conceivably have not been opened until the following semester start? Yeah, sounds like something I believe.

Hmmm... have you never been at university?

If I send a letter to Dr Joe Blow, Department of Psychology, University of Whatever, it's going to get delivered to his department. Then, typically, it's going to get stuck in his mailbox/mail slot and he picks it up when he comes into the office, which, as I said, isn't necessarily every day, particularly not in the summer. But whether any given professor is present on any given day, the department itself is always open.

Nothing mysterious about that.

No, what doesn't make sense is why he would send it so that it would be received prior to his attack at all. Why not just send it out on Thursday night? About all I can come up with is that he knew the guy was going to be out of town, so no one would open it, and it's a ruse to try and make the claim that he was nuts with moments of lucidity and he sent it out in the hopes that someone would stop him.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If his temporal-illusion theories were worth their salt and offered some new insight into the world of neuro-chemistry and psychology ...

I really really *really* don't think it's THAT far fetched to think that some powerful, interested parties might want to weaponize his work. If some lethal new form of psychological warfare or social conditioning was a marketable outcome ... none of this brutality seems beneath the military industrial complex to carry out in order to claim their portion of the lion's share.

Not only was this massacre an opportunity for some raving lunatics to test his theory (on Holmes himself, and perhaps the audience - who knows), but now they get to take all the credit since Holmes is all but dead to the world.

Just my two pence.

What an awful, sad, twisted precession of events.

My prayers and condolences to the fallen and their families.
edit on 25-7-2012 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence
If his temporal-illusion theories were worth their salt and offered some new insight into the world of neuro-chemistry and psychology ...

According to one of the guys involved in that event, the "temporal illusions" presentation was one that was handed to him to present -- he didn't write it. (source here)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence

I really really *really* don't think it's THAT far fetched to think that some powerful, interested parties might want to weaponize his work. If some lethal new form of psychological warfare or social conditioning was a marketable outcome ... none of this brutality seems beneath the military industrial complex to carry out in order to claim their portion of the lion's share.

Not only was this massacre an opportunity for some raving lunatics to test his theory...

edit on 25-7-2012 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

Yeah, or perhaps this is actually just his thesis and this was the practical experiment part... He'll probably just spend his time in the slammer writing it up then chip up and collect his doctorate....

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

The Fox News report said police and FBI agents were called to the University of Colorado Anschutz medical campus in Aurora on Monday morning after a psychiatrist who is a professor at the school reported receiving a package believed to be from the suspect.

Although that package turned out to be from someone else and harmless, a search of the Campus Services' mailroom turned up another parcel sent to the psychiatrist with Holmes' name in the return address, the source told Fox News.

lol sounds very suspicious to me
prof calls to report "suspicious package"

Although that package turned out to be from someone else and harmless

"suspicious package" turns out to not have anything to do with holmes'
as apparently was reported

meanwhile at false flags, inc.:
[ooopss we sent the wrong package hurry up and get the holmes manifesto over there and toss it in some corner of the mailroom we'll call prof. McUltra and have him suggest a search so that agents dupe and tool are in position to find it]

as another member in another thread pointed out it's the professor that needs investigating into HIS background
especially for gov related projects.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaltireWarrior
People I know this is a conspiray theory website, but for the love of god it clearly has nothing to do with "mind control" and "brainwashing" and everything to do with a very disturbed and possibly mentally ill person deciding to go on a rampage.

I just curious what made you say this?

Do you not believe in mind control or that the government might be testing mind control?
If you don't you are clearly wrong - there are well known studies about it

Why do you say he was disturbed and mentally ill?
Mentally ill people usually don't harm others and it's very rare for violent crime to be cause by a true mental illness.

Now I don't really know if this was the case but there's enough strange stuff, it at least warrants a discussion.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'm sure those who have lost loved ones in the shooting are devastated at the thought if this package was opened, their loved ones lives could have been spared. Quite upsetting to think that this tragedy might have been prevented.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

It's probable that he made it himself, like those two guys who robbed the Bank Of America in LA. in February of 1997. You don't need to impersonate a Fed if you have the know how to make your own armor.

However, only time will tell how he got it what kind of armor it exactly is.

One should wait until after the trial for all of the facts to come out before making any conclusions about things and not scrutiny every single detail as it comes out.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Images in the notebook included drawings of stick-figures shooting at other stick figures, the FoxNews.com report said.

Stick figures from a guy that got a federal grant of $26,000 and a full tuition payment for his studies in neuroscience????

Awe, come on! His sinister magnum opus with stick figures. Sounds like a load of BS the government would expect us to believe. I have to think somewhere along the line he learned how to sketch above the six year old level.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

so guy gets a package, not from the shooter, then decides to call the cops because it "might" be from the shooter. The cops show up and find out, nope, not from the shooter. Turns out though, that there just so happens to be a package that no one knew about, that actually was from the shooter! what luck!

riiiiiiiight

sounds like someone thought it was a good idea and brought their own package in case the one they were checking on didnt help them.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
funny i was just reading the awesome CBS news about this, and their artical says nothing about first a suspisious package was there or nothing (

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Report: Colorado shooting suspect sent plans notebook to psychiatrist

news.yahoo.com

The man accused of Friday's movie theater massacre in Colorado mailed a notebook "full of details about how he was going to kill people" to a University of Colorado psychiatrist before the attack, FoxNews.com reported on Wednesday.

The package allegedly from the suspected shooter, 24-year-old James Eagan Holmes, remained unopened in a mailroom for as long as a week before its discovery Monday, FoxNews.com reported, citing a law enforcement source.
(visit the link for the full news article)

How convenient? ... do you realize how often cries for help or things like this go IGNORED or not seen until it's too late? ..the desire for this to be a huge conspiracy is just overwhelming.. people cannot fathom a human capable of such a disaster .. there must be something more to it than this obviously? .. news to you.. that's not true, and sick things do happen.. this to me shows that he was hinting at it .. almost as if he wanted stopped, he wanted the attention, he wanted noticed.. and nothing happened! .. so he went on with it .. this kind of thing happens all the time on the smaller scale.. we lose sight of it in our day to day .. ignore it.. but when it comes to the extremes we just deny it .. well sorry folkes, there are some sick people in our society .. you can try to blame it on whatever you want.. but the fact is it's human condition.. it doesn't have to be a conspiracy.. it can just be a malfunction.. it can be a repercussion of something long ago.. or even just as simple as a chemical or hormonal imbalance... the fact is ladies and gentleman.. humans are not perfect.. we are prone to malfunction .. disorder.. chemical imbalance, instability ... we tend to think it's not the case but it IS .. and that is scary so we want to write up a theory as to what broke someone rather than to think they just MIGHT have been broken from the start...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join