It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titanic NEVER actually sunk................

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The story I heard goes like this....

The White Star Line company had a boat called RMS Olympic. It was damaged. They couldn't get the insurance money to fix it. Meanwhile the company was building 2 new boats which were The Titanic and some other ship.

The White Star Line company was strapped for cash. They needed to find a way to get some money. So they launched the titanic. They take it on it's maden voyage but the swap it for the Olympic. The Olympic just painted up to say "The Titanic". So they sink that ship. They then go claim the insurance money. And that saved the company.

Meanwhile they had these 2 new undamaged ships that they started using to transport the passengers with.
The White Star Line company was owned by JP morgan. Also the idea for this insurance scam was based on a book written 14 yrs before the titanic called The Wreck of the Titan.

The Wreck of the Titan depicted the titanic disaster to a tee. So they knew how to go about doing this sinking. Again so they sink the Olyimpic (which was damaged and also was desgused to be the titanic) to get the insurance money and to get rid of there damaged ship.

What do you think???

------------------------found this article---------------------------------------------------------------------

n April 14, 1912, the huge "unsinkable" ship the Titanic was steaming across the Atlantic towards New York. This was the Titanic's maiden voyage, and her captain was encouraged to break the record for speed while making the voyage. As most people know, after striking an iceberg, the unsinkable ship went down in only a matter of hours. Out of the 2,201 passengers, only 711 were saved. Since then, there have been many books and movies about the Titanic.

There was one fictional story written by a merchant seaman by the name of Morgan Robertson. Robertson's book was about an unsinkable passenger liner that sank while carrying the elite people of the time. The ship in Robertson's story was called the Titan and the book was titled The Wreck of the Titan. Even though the book is fictitious, the events in the story parallel the events of the Titanic. Both ships were built to be unsinkable. Both ships sank after striking an iceberg. Both ships were on their maiden voyage. The most well to do famous people were on the Titan and Titanic. Only one third of the passengers on each ship survived. Both ships had an inadequate number of lifeboats. Both ships were encouraged to break speed records during their voyage.

Robertson's book The Wreck of the Titan was never published. Each time it was rejected by editor's, they told him the same thing. The story was unbelievable. Surely the events he wrote of could not possibly happen to an unsinkable ship.

The book, The Wreck of the Titan was written in 1898, fourteen years before the Titanic hit an iceberg and settled on the bottom of the northern Atlantic.

Source

Mod Note: Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.
edit on 25-7-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I have never read a bigger load of tosh in all my life.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
My friend,

I have, just yesterday, attended the Titanic Experience in Belfast and believe me, it WAS the Titanic that sank.

I have umpteen pictures of the experience that I may start a thread on at a later date.

I have to say though, WOW... what an experience indeed

www.titanicbelfast.com...

Be safe be well

Spiro
edit on 25-7-2012 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by r2d246
The story I heard goes like this...

What is your source for this story and for the article that you quote?

link   
The part about the book being made 14 years before the Titanic sunk is pretty wild if its true. I am going to go look into this some more. Thanks OP - S&F!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
"The Wreck of the Titan was published in 1898, 14 years before RMS Titanic was even finished being [cheaply] built"

6 Insane Coincidences You Won't Believe Actually Happened

#5. Morgan Robertson Writes About the Titanic... 14 Years Early

A hundred years before James Cameron turned douchebaggery into an art form at the Oscars, American author Morgan Robertson wrote a book called Futility, or the Wreck of the Titan, about the sinking of an "unskinkable" ocean liner. When you see the cover, you figure you're pretty clearly looking at a fictionalized version of the Titanic story.
en.wikipedia.org...

No surprise there; it's a story that's been told over and over (there were 13 Titanic movies before Cameron's, including one by the Nazis) but Robertson's book was first.

Where it Gets Weird:

He was so eager to be first, apparently, that he didn't bother to wait for the Titanic to actually sink before writing about it. The Wreck of the Titan was published in 1898, 14 years before RMS Titanic was even finished being [cheaply] built.
www.nytimes.com...

The similarities between Robertson's work and the Titanic disaster are so astounding that one has to imagine if White Star Line built Titanic to Robertson's specs as a dare. The Titan was described as "the largest craft afloat and the greatest of the works of men," "equal to that of a first class hotel," and, of course, "unsinkable".
www.historyonthenet.com...

Both ships were British-owned steel vessels, both around 800 feet long and sank after hitting an iceberg in the North Atlantic, in April, "around midnight." Sound like enough to keep you up at night? Maybe that's why Robertson republished the book in 1912 just in case enough people didn't know that he wrote it.
www.lux-aeterna.co.nz...

Where it Gets Even Weirder:

While the novel does bear some curious coincidences with the Titanic disaster, there are quite a few things that Robertson got flat wrong. For one, the Titanic did not crash into an iceberg "400 miles from Newfoundland" at 25 knots. It crashed into an iceberg 400 miles from Newfoundland at 22.5 knots.

Wait, what the #? That's one hell of a lucky guess!

What 41.1 million square miles looks like.

But maybe the weirdest thing about Titan were points that had nothing to do with the story, but check out after numerous inquires and expeditions to the Titanic wreck site.
en.wikipedia.org...

For one, both the Titan and the Titanic had too few lifeboats to accommodate every passenger on board; the Titan carrying "as few as the law allowed." While Robertson decided to be generous and include four lifeboats more on his ship than Titanic, it's an odd point to bring up when you consider that lifeboats had nothing to do with the #ing story. When Titan hit the iceberg (starboard bow, naturally), the ship sank immediately, making the point made about lifeboats inconsequential. Why the # mention this?!
en.wikipedia.org...

It'd be like HAL 9000 addressing the danger posed by O-rings at low temperature decades before the Challenger disaster...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I think there are already a few threads on here that have debunked this theory.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Use search, has been debated on here already.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
might want to swap a u for an a
as if it never had sunk it would still be above the waves and we'd be able to pull the panels off the walls and check the job codes for each piece

and don't forget the titanic and Olympic were both ships of the Olympic class so thats why you theres Olympic on the titanic

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Yes it did. The Titanic sunk and it been underwater in the same place for years and years.
It has been there for so long that researchers have discovered a bacteria on it that eats metal.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
s@f
here is something plus for this post

Why They Sank The Titanic?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
There's actually a recent thread this year about the Titanic and the Olympic switch by repeatoffender.
Quite a good video about the whole thing in the OP

The Titanic was the Olympic

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Parksie

He is not saying a boat did not sink, he asked if it was really a different ship.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Cthulhu sank the Titanic.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by crackerjack

Interestingly enough the link you have provided possibly has the same video as above post.

I clicked your link to verify this, but your vids are no longer available from the link due to copyright.

I Have just sat and watched the four parter, very compelling, would advise anyone to do the same, although I don't like the way it states the Titanic is the Olympic as a foregone conclusion, as there is no official confirmation of this, I don't think, regardless it is a fantastic watch.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Poppytosh. I've seen the movie.

It sank. And leo died.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
Poppytosh. I've seen the movie.

It sank. And leo died.

you sure about that

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Since the head man from White Star was on board for the voyage and wrecking of this ship that would explain why he ended up in a life boat when many others include women didn't.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
One thing though. The super structure of the titanic was different from that of the olympic in minor but obvious ways. For instance the olympics promenade deck is different from that of the titanics. THe promenade deck on the wreck matches that of the titanic not the olympic. THe titanic sank there not the olympic or the brittanic.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

I believe much of the wreck was compared to blueprints in the effort to understand the sinking. I think they would have figured out a different ship, as you mentioned.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join