It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19-year-old shot 5 times for suspected underage drinking

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

The list goes on and on – you’d think the United States would be hiding its face in shame, rather than claiming to be a beacon of freedom while pointing the “human rights” finger at every other country but itself. While police apologists repeatedly drone the tire bit about it being “a few bad apples” or “isolated incidents” (never mind the fact that the law actually encourages and permits this type of behavior by police), the truth is, it would take more than a whole team of writers to detail and cover the daily atrocities committed by police.

Aaron Rosas’ story is one such atrocity.

Not so long ago, a few days before April 13, 2012, Aaron Rosas called his mother Alice to ask where she’d stored his camping equipment, as he wanted to camp out with his friends for a night.

On April 13, 2012, Ms. Rosas received a call from Sierra Medical, a hospital on the east side of El Paso Texas around midnight. She was told she needed to go to the Del Sol Hospital to meet up with her son, because they were transporting him to Del Sol, a trauma center. Her son had been shot 5 times, because in this country, some police believe the punishment for underage drinking is death.

Source article

Perhaps they were trying to get the alcohol out of his system via bullet holes?

In all seriousness this is absolutely appalling. When are we going to realize that these are not "isolated incidents"? When are we going to see that there is a bigger problem here? I know a lot of people understand this, but America as a whole has a problem grasping the concept that not all cops are really here "to protect and serve."

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This, the thread about Dallas, the two from Anahiem.

Americans need to stand united against this forming police state.

No black, no white, no Asians, No Hispanics.

No Jews, No Muslims, No Buddhist, No Christians, No Atheist.

Just Americans standing united against such Tyranny.
edit on 24-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

I support gun control.

For cops that is...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Indeed. Imagine if we ran down the list of innocent, unarmed civilians who were shot by police, most of whom were killed.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
This, the thread about Dallas, the two from Anahiem.

Americans need to stand united against this forming police state.

No black, no white, no Asians, No Hispanics.

No Jews, No Muslims, No Buddhist, No Christians, No Atheist.

Just Americans standing united against such Tyranny.
edit on 24-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately, it will never happen on a large enough scale to make a difference benrl. People are scared. Which of course, is the reason for these crimes against the citizenry to begin with. To perpetuate fear. And it's working.

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Indeed. Imagine if we ran down the list of innocent, unarmed civilians who were shot by police, most of whom were killed.

Yea ones still fresh in my Mind.

Joel Acevado, a friends brother, killed in Anaheim the other day.

Watched the news media spin it to protect the cops, from reports when it first happened.

This has to stop.

+22 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Perhaps you should get all of the info first before posting only one side from an organization who goes out of its way to demonize law enforcement while distorting what actually happened.

El Paso S.O. - FOLLOW UP- SHERIFF’S DEPUTIES ARE ASSAULTED/ RESULTS IN SHOOTING INCIDENT

EL PASO COUNTY, TEXAS- On 04-13-2012 just after midnight, El Paso County Sheriff’s Deputies were patrolling the desert area east of the Nayarit and Berryville intersection. Sheriff’s Deputies turned into an open vacant lot and observed several parked vehicles and approximately 30 individuals in and around the vehicles. As Deputies approached, a vehicle occupied with approximately 3 to 4 persons, attempted to flee and in the process the vehicle struck two Sheriff’s Deputies and injuring them. During the commission of the aggravated assault Deputies fired their weapons at the moving vehicle and injured one male suspect.

UPDATE: Investigators from the Crimes Against Persons Division have identified the driver of the vehicle/suspect as 19 year old Aaron Rosas of El Paso, Texas. The suspect has been charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and has a total bond of $1,000,000. The suspect is being treated at a local area hospital for gunshot wounds he received as a result of his assault against the officers.

FOLLOW UP: ON 04-15-2012 AT APPROXIMATELY 6:00 p.m. AARON ROSAS WAS BOOKED INTO THE EL PASO COUNTY DETENTION FACILITY. INVESTIGATION IS STILL ONGOING…..

So no he was not shot 5 times because he was intoxicated / drinking. He was shot because as he was attempting to flee the scene he struck 2 sheriff's deputies.

Copblock is the same idiotic group behind this -
ATS - Police Attempt To Raid Garage Sale with AirSoft gear, Get Kicked To Curb (video)
edit on 24-7-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Thank you Xcathda. That's what I get for being a little lazy tonight.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I already had a very stiff warning and a post deleted for expressing my opinions on Policing in Canada, and the US.
These thugs are not trained police...they are trained KILLERS...........They do NOT know the law....and they have no respect for the citizens....they are occupying troops more than cops.
Regardless how they are dealt with by informed citizenry, they conststently flout the law and strongarm people
with absolutely NO legal justification......
They have a habit of making up charges to cover their asses when they need to....as well as lying to the citizens about their authority and the law when they deal with them.
What we need is an army of lawers to go out and deal with these ass*()les in their spare time...just wander aroud till accosted by these goons, then see that they get what they deserve in court afterwards....
We need to make these ignorant cops study law a bit more, and shoot first a helluva lot less
\The day of the courteous officer is long gone.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
So no he was not shot 5 times because he was intoxicated / drinking. He was shot because as he was attempting to flee the scene he struck 2 sheriff's deputies.

Or they invented charges to cover their ass. Wouldn't be the first time.

Copblock is the same idiotic group behind this -
ATS - Police Attempt To Raid Garage Sale with AirSoft gear, Get Kicked To Curb (video)

What's wrong with that video? What makes them so idiotic? I think that video is great and it's good to see citizens who know the law and know their rights and keeping the police within the boundaries of the law and not allowing them to abuse their authority.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Heartbreaking and all a part of their agenda of tyranny and terror against the freedoms and constitution. Its just SHOCK AND AWE.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

He's a cop so all he does on this forum is try to make the police have a higher moral ground in every situation.

Like in this thread, it was quite sad ...even though the cops actions were unconstitutional he still defended them www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Thank you Xcathda. That's what I get for being a little lazy tonight.

Yes Cops can be stupid... Like everyone else they are human and are prone to mistakes and because of the nature of their job mistakes are not usually little. I have no issues with holding law enforcement accountable provided its done in a manner that takes all fatcs into consideration.

I have nothing against groups who train citizens on how to observe police nor do I have issues with groups that train / educate citizens on the law and their rights.

I have issues with groups, like copblock, whose intent seems to be anything but knoweldge and accountability. They have members who seem to go out of their way to force contact and then omit information when reporting the encounter to make it seem like the cops were in the wrong.

Hindsight will always be 20/20 which is why its important to view situations like this based on the information both sides had at the time the incident occured.

Accountability is important - from how we act, how we talk to others, right down to deciding if a person would learn more with an ass chewing or from a citation. Reporting an incident while leaving out key elements that actually justify (based on the info available) the officer's actions is not holding anyone accountible.

When a group behaves in the very manner they decry, their irresponsible actions can cause more harm than good. Especially when they intentionally omit key facts and circumstances relating to the incident in question.

Again.. Im all for holding police accountible, but it must be done in a responsible manner.. That includes all sides of the story.. The goal is to find the truth, regradless if we like where that truth leads.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I suspected as much and was going to ask if he was a cop or had a cop relative possibly, but decided not to. Thanks for clarifying and confirming my suspicions.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786
Or they invented charges to cover their ass. Wouldn't be the first time.

Nor would it be the first time for a 19 year old to make a rash act because of lack of common sense and in the process make the situation 1000 time worse than if they exercised common sense.

I guess the 30 witnesses on scene who were interviewed are all lying about what occured?

What's wrong with that video? What makes them so idiotic? I think that video is great and it's good to see citizens who know the law and know their rights and keeping the police within the boundaries of the law and not allowing them to abuse their authority.

Thats the problem.. the citizens in that video dont know their rights and they proved that when they started to tell the police to leave, who were lawfully pr4esent and did not need a warrnt to come onto their property.

as I stated, im all for people knowing the law and holding officals accountible, but in order to do that, they should know the law first.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

He's a cop so all he does on this forum is try to make the police have a higher moral ground in every situation.

Not even close... There are many threads on this site where I have stated the police were in the wrong. Just like the article you are making a claim against me while leaving out key info in an effort to paint me as something im not simply because you have issues with law enforcement.

reply to post by RealSpoke

I suspected as much and was going to ask if he was a cop or had a cop relative possibly, but decided not to. Thanks for clarifying and confirming my suspicions.

Yes god forbid a person come in here and actually explain the side of the fence you guys want nothing to do with. If at any point you ever want to learn then ask questions. I would be more than happy to answer while providing you to the links to support my responses....

Or is learning something about how law enforcement operates / the laws that govern law enforcement taboo?

Maybe next time you should spend the extra 5 minutes to get the other side of the story and post it along with your info.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Thats the problem.. the citizens in that video dont know their rights and they proved that when they started to tell the police to leave, who were lawfully pr4esent and did not need a warrnt to come onto their property.

And yet the police vacated the property. Seems to me like the people fully knew their rights. And I thank CopBlock and CopWatch for inspiring me to learn my rights so the cops can't walk all over them.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The sheriffs predictably began their propaganda campaign early the next day. The sheriffs made a statement to the media, claiming Aaron’s car had clipped the officer’s car, and the sheriff unloaded on him because he felt he was in danger (even assuming this ridiculous lie is true – can you imagine if everyone started shooting every time someone else clipped their car? And what kind of police officer actually fears for his life because of a minor car accident?).

Later on, the sheriffs changed their story just a bit. They told a KFox reporter that Aaron’s vehicle was driving toward them, and they feared for their lives. Later on that same day, they issued yet another statement claiming an officer was hit. Finally, yet even later in the day, they claimed 2 officers were hit. According to Ms. Rosas, when he finally went to court, he allegedly had hit 3 officers. His bond was set at $1.5 million – $500,000 for each officer
Source article

edit on 24-7-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

And yet the police vacated the property.

That would be because the officer determined the "guns" in question were in fact airsoft guns and not subject to California law dealing with the purchase and selling of firearms. Since no crime was committed there is nothing more for law enforcement to do but clear the call as unfounded and go back in service.

Seems to me like the people fully knew their rights.

Actually no they didnt... The police did not need a warrant to come onto their property. The Police were not trespassing by being on their property. I found it amazing the people complaining had the cop on camera before he even got out of the car.

No - the property owners dont know their rights, and its apparent by their actions as well as their own ignorance contained in there accusations towards law enforcement.

And I thank CopBlock and CopWatch for inspiring me to learn my rights so the cops can't walk all over them.

Which will eventually result in you performing an action that is in fact illegal. Have fun with that because Copblock, to date, have no idea how laws, let alone civil rights, work. If they did they would be telling the people who are members what they did wrong / right. To date I ahve not seen that from them.. have you?

We can continue to snipe back and forthbut its not going to change my mind, nor am I going to change yours. I provided the side of the story you failed to do on your own. People can read both and make up their own minds.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Again, were the 30 individuals present lying in order to support law enforcements version of events?

Also if you are going to quote from somewhere please provide a link back to the source.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join