It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities Seek to Destroy Couple's Immaculate Edible Landscape

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It's flags, gardens, (and in California) smoking in your own homes; that have come under attack.

For all those who endorse the nanny-state and government encroachment into private lives, here's the perfect example.

Heaven help the poor family that has a garden and a chicken coop in their yard!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I put in a beautiful garden with my ex girlfriend, a jealous neighbor called the city and they made us remove it or they would mow it down and then fine us for resodding the lawn. Perhaps it was a premonition on how the relationship would end, to choose me would mean the end of her government entitlements. She felt more confident with the government than me, so i let her go.

I felt like pouring round-up on every living plant including trees in the municipal grounds to show the naked truth of their two faced arrogence, but i refrained. The plants don't deserve to die. I will leave it at that.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by jude11

It's flags, gardens, (and in California) smoking in your own homes; that have come under attack.

For all those who endorse the nanny-state and government encroachment into private lives, here's the perfect example.

Beezer you are right, but it is the state or city, saying I can't smoke in a bar. It is the state or city, saying what I can and cannot put in my body (Blumburg's soda law comes to mind), it is not the fed making the laws, it is the state and local governments. It is the state, county, and city saying what I can, and cannot do on my own property, and in some cases in my bedroom. Like I said in an earlier post, big church in a small town, and you have a theocracy.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Absolutely preposterous. Even if all the neighbors hated that garden I see no valid reason to require the couple to take out plants. Lol at 30% vegetation. So now entire towns are being controlled like a homeowners association? If you buy the land you should be able to grow whatever you want on it.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

reply to post by jude11

Beezer you are right, but it is the state or city, saying I can't smoke in a bar. It is the state or city, saying what I can and cannot put in my body (Blumburg's soda law comes to mind), it is not the fed making the laws, it is the state and local governments. It is the state, county, and city saying what I can, and cannot do on my own property, and in some cases in my bedroom. Like I said in an earlier post, big church in a small town, and you have a theocracy.

Point well made.
Then I ask, if it is local, then why aren't there more changes made on that level?

Seems to me that any clown in local office making these insane rulings would be voted out in the next electon.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Didn't some President say "A chicken in every pot?" (Copied from France I believe)

As long as that chicken doesn't come from your own yard I guess.

Peace

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is not surprising... if the federals loses control of the food supply they lose the ability to control people

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
This is not surprising... if the federals loses control of the food supply they lose the ability to control people
Yet BubbaJoe brought up a good point.

Is this federal law being enforced on a local level, or local authorities acting autominously?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I can see it coming as well. This is getting absolutely ridiculous. We are being forced to eat what er are told, watch what they decide and take our meds like good little boys and girls.

Peace

Yes, it is! Ridiculous, and even ludicrous. Those folks have one beautiful
garden there, its plain as daylight what this is all about!

Those "poor" county agencies cant have us growing our own food,
they have tax revenue they are "desperate" to collect. After all, who
is going to pay the salaries of all those county empoyees in a double
dip recession?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Yet BubbaJoe brought up a good point.

Is this federal law being enforced on a local level, or local authorities acting autominously?

Many of these local authorities have to live and socialize at the local level. Not to mention be voted in again...by their neighbors.

So why would they want to stir the pot at that level? It's usually the higher up politicians who have a sense of being untouchable and act accordingly because they live on the other side of town so to speak.

I don't know but it really seems to NOT serve any local politicians whatsoever.

Peace

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by jude11
I can see it coming as well. This is getting absolutely ridiculous. We are being forced to eat what er are told, watch what they decide and take our meds like good little boys and girls.

Peace

Yes, it is! Ridiculous, and even ludicrous. Those folks have one beautiful
garden there, its plain as daylight what this is all about!

Those "poor" county agencies cant have us growing our own food,
they have tax revenue they are "desperate" to collect. After all, who
is going to pay the salaries of all those county empoyees in a double
dip recession?

You have a point there. Something is behind it all and it sure as hell isn't the neighbors as far as I'm concerned. That property may even help hold the resale value on the street so it just doesn't make sense that a neighbor would complain.

And even if 1 neighbor complained, how they would be looked upon by all the others that love it? And why does 1 neighbor get to decide for the street?

Nope, can't see it.

Peace

edit on 24-7-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I think the key maybe its so visible?

It might inspire the rest of the neighborhood to plant
gardens too? I would be proud to have that front yard on
my street; those people deserve better!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Scary times my peeps..
I came across these recently, they might be helpful for some of us.
phytopods
Stay well everyone! Keep alive and thrive with Nature! We will get past this!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starcrossd
Scary times my peeps..
I came across these recently, they might be helpful for some of us.
phytopods
Stay well everyone! Keep alive and thrive with Nature! We will get past this!

Thanks for that. Gonna look further. Seen similar with tomatoes and strawberries.

Too bad we have to resort almost to hiding our gardens like criminals. I wonder when the Garden Gestapo will start doing house to house raids looking for illegal carrots?

Peace

edit on 25-7-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I will take "functional" over "aesthetically pleasing" anyday..

Those idiots will be kicking themselves when the price of food skyrockets...
edit on 7/25/2012 by ArrowsNV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

There is a maxim of law that states 'Anything that grows in the ground, belongs to the ground'..

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Ya know, my uncle has been preaching for the longest that governments want you to be dependent upon them. He may be right, as this is exactly the behavior we see in situations like this. They don't want you taking care of yourself, and not participating in every aspect of the system they helped design and can control. It all seems to be about controlling people. If you think about it, maybe they know what so many are starting to find out...That the power really does rest with the people.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The authorities problem with this is that it's just too juicy of an example of the way things could be.

How come our stupid sodded and lightly treed medians don't have these plants instead?

To hell with welfare and food stamps, let's put people to work tending to one of these on every third street corner.

It's just too decentralized and self-sufficient for their tastes... Can't control, tax, or poison it so it doesn't make the cut.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Until they find a way to tax you on it - they'll stop you growing it.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The inevitable result of this crap is a shooting war.

They rigged the courts so it'll take years and years to ever get heard.

The judges are all government employees.

If in the slim chance one court rules in your favor the system will kick it back to another and another and another keeping your life in limbo, your property under perpetual threat in perpetuity.

The game is 100% rigged and the riggers are the ones in charge and if they dont like the outcome they'll change the rules of the game on the fly to suit their needs.

When a head of lettuce becomes a crime it's time for heads to roll.
edit on 25-7-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join