It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities Seek to Destroy Couple's Immaculate Edible Landscape

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Yet another edible garden is coming under the gun and the owners are in Canada this time. I posted a thread awhile ago about a woman who had her edible garden destroyed by the town workers in Tulsa. Many posters were outraged and the ones who weren't cited the fact that her yard wasn't aesthetically pleasing to the neighbors. You can view that thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, try this one on for size! What happens when the neighbors like it, it's beautifully and tastefully designed AND the owners actually give away excess, healthy food?

www.activistpost.com...

People are hungry, economies everywhere are tanking. The answer to that problem used to be "do what you can on your own." In America, it was the now iconic Victory Gardens. In Montreal, Canada there is a move to defeat such self-reliance.

For some strange reason, helping yourself is the very last thing the governments in both the U.S. and Canada will "allow" you to do; not even on your own land. Stranger still, it is the lower-rung, local governments that show up in news stories extinguishing property rights in the name of almighty municipal code.

What is wrong with these people? It's food! AND they are helping others as well by giving away what they can't use...and they want to make it illegal? I think they have a fight on their hands this time tho. ROSA Parks was who they named the garden after. These people might just be the ones to have the means, knowledge and contacts to take up the challenge.

Josée Landry and partner Michel Beauchamp decided to start an urban garden for both economic and health reasons, and they even have documented its progress via their family blog since its beginning. They proudly gave their new passion a name - Rosa - in memory of civil rights icon, Rosa Parks, who refused to take her place as ordered by the tyrannical bureaucracy of the day.

More:
www.cbc.ca...

This latest move in Canada follows a similar pattern; by enforcing an arbitrary code that front yard gardens (also called kitchen gardens) are only allowed, at the bare minimum, less than 30% vegetation. Who in Drummondville, Quebec would create such a code and why? Also, shouldn't other factors be considered: they own their home, they offer the food to the community without profit, it is aesthetic and has attracted worldwide media attention, as well as some celebrity garden bloggers. Not only does the city want most of the couple's garden uprooted and tossed, but they are seriously discussing outlawing all future front yard gardens!

The only stipulation being that old gardens can apparently stay as long as it meets the "under 30% of the yard" code. The couple was facing fines of between $100 and $300 per day if they did not comply by yesterday. According to CBCNews, "The couple said they had no intention of complying with the city's request."

No intention...I like that!

But the fight is on! Oh, and pay attention the Obama reference. Interesting

Urban kitchen garden activist and blogger Roger Doiron got behind the fight and organized an impressive worldwide petition called Stop the War on Front Yard Vegetable Gardens. As of Sunday, they had 800 signatures, yesterday 8,000, and today almost 11,000 and counting. The couple's "bed-in" peaceful protest, Lennon-Ono style, also garnered much support and media attention.

By the way, Doiron is the one who apparently encouraged Michelle Obama to grow the Presidential garden. No sooner had he featured the Canadian garden on his site when they get slammed with threats of hundreds of dollars in fines if they didn't rip it out and replant grass. Do you think he wonders why the White House shows the world about gardening, and then municipalities everywhere start simultaneously cracking down on their residents?

People are joining the cause and it looks like the fight for the right to grow your own food on your own property is on. Why it should even be an issue is beyond me but people have to fight this in order to have a right to their own gardens and what they decide they want to put in their bodies.

Peace

edit on 24-7-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

What is wrong with these people?

Ahem. They have an agenda. It came of age this year.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
reply to post by jude11

What is wrong with these people?

Ahem. They have an agenda. It came of age this year.

I can see it coming as well. This is getting absolutely ridiculous. We are being forced to eat what er are told, watch what they decide and take our meds like good little boys and girls.

Peace

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Its because monsanto can't have any competition, or nobody will by their crap.

I think the movie is called idiocracy? Brando its what plants need, now with electrolites! Lol, good times.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I can see it coming as well. This is getting absolutely ridiculous. We are being forced to eat what er are told, watch what they decide and take our meds like good little boys and girls.

Peace

All the folks talking about revolution ~ maybe we should all consider becoming militant gardeners so the "other" militants can grab a bite to eat while they're revoluting.

Of course they'd probably just turn off the water spigots so we couldn't water our gardens.

Anybody who hands out meds should be sued for attempted assault.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by jude11

Its because monsanto can't have any competition, or nobody will by their crap.

I think the movie is called idiocracy? Brando its what plants need, now with electrolites! Lol, good times.

I remember the movie and I think you're right about the title as well.

This couple is going to be a pain tho. I don't think they are going quietly.

Peace

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

You want to use toilet water for plants? Ow my balls is on, shouldn't we all be watching?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well it is quebec

I am allowed to poke fun at quebecers, my aunt and uncle are quebecers, and even they make fun of their province for crap like this. I throw my support behind them, and their awesome garden for sure. We all can't have acres of land in the country afterall.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by jude11

Well it is quebec

I am allowed to poke fun at quebecers, my aunt and uncle are quebecers, and even they make fun of their province for crap like this. I throw my support behind them, and their awesome garden for sure. We all can't have acres of land in the country afterall.

aah, but it's Quebecois!

That garden is not an eyesore, helps others, helps the property OWNERS and yes, we can't all have land in the Country.

So glad I moved out of the city many moons ago.

Peace

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is Agenda 21 from the UN. Try reading it and seeing beyond the happy phrases they use. Monsanto GM based foods for everyone. Big Pharma and forced vaccinations for everyone.

Please people, please learn about this from the UN. It's sneaking into all of our countries. See the thread on ATS.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I see freakin monsanto is doing a fine job of taking over the world. This garden looks beautiful to me. We should all grow one, what are they gonna do, lock us all up?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
I see freakin monsanto is doing a fine job of taking over the world. This garden looks beautiful to me. We should all grow one, what are they gonna do, lock us all up?

If everyone had their own garden on that street, or at least helped others to maintain theirs...what the hell is wrong with that?

What makes grass so beautiful and useful that it is the only thing allowed? These plants are beautiful AND provide food.

Peace

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
There are better times comming, but we have to be the ones who make em happen.....get youself out of the house a DO something!
ANYTHING constructive will do.........We have got to go head to head with these brstids at every turn!
I for one am ready for revolution,....the quicker the sooner....
There should be millions of people all over the worldtargetting Monsanto in EVERY way possible....
And theres lots of ways they can bleed.....just cost them money....money to replace to rebuild to restart their crops etc etc...we CAN stop these bloody minded corporations from raping us!
We CAN turn the tide at city hall!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by phroziac

If everyone had their own garden on that street, or at least helped others to maintain theirs...what the hell is wrong with that?

What makes grass so beautiful and useful that it is the only thing allowed? These plants are beautiful AND provide food.

Peace

Independence. Being able to say no to chemically processed food. Defying uniformity (read: refusing to starve all together while standing in a line waiting to be poisoned.) That's all double plus bad if you're wanting to be a tyrant.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Grow your own gardens, experiment with gurilla/minimal care gardening, plenty of books on it. Grow drought tolorant seeeds, plants have a genetic memory and will be better adapted after one season to drought then their parents if you let them experience it.

They will turn off the power and water with it, Then the "aid busses" will come promising help and will quietly euthanize and sterilize whole "undesirable" segments of populations with delayed acting poisons or viruses that mimic or cause a plague. Next after the die-off, they will overtly round up people (claiming we will put you to work and feed your families) and decide if you are useful, useless or a threat. If you are useful you will be put in a re-education camp, if useless or threat you will be killed. They will use starvation as a tool, tell us who has the guns, gold, food caches, independant water sources, or illegal drugs and you get an extra ration of food, tell us who is trying to cause trouble and you will get 2 rations.

Think it's a joke, then why are those "get foodstamps" adds on TV? your foodstamp card will be your UUID for ration programs. This is what Hitler did and it worked very well.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

And theres lots of ways they can bleed.....just cost them money....money to replace to rebuild to restart their crops etc etc

LOL, the bugs their GM super seed was supposed to kill are already doing a fine job of making the farmers bleed ~ they love the taste of that ready round up crap. And all that drought resistant BS was just that, another empty promise.

But they've got more money than God.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

1/10th of an acre is amazing when you know how to use it. 3 Tons of food annually! Everyone should know how to do this IMO.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This is what happens when you have greater local control. While I agree that there are many needless and redundant federal regulations in the USA, the local and state government affect my life in a much greater way. Yeah buddy, give me more local government, with a large church in a small town, you now have a theocracy, sorry, I would much rather deal with the feds, they have to fly over with a drone to find me, not my douche of a neighbor calling a local number.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe
This is what happens when you have greater local control. While I agree that there are many needless and redundant federal regulations in the USA, the local and state government affect my life in a much greater way. Yeah buddy, give me more local government, with a large church in a small town, you now have a theocracy, sorry, I would much rather deal with the feds, they have to fly over with a drone to find me, not my douche of a neighbor calling a local number.

I believe it's the bigger hands controlling the smaller ones in these scenarios tho. Most small areas/townships have never had a problem with front yard gardening until recently it seems. Both in the US and Canada.

Many are screaming Monsanto or Agenda 21 among other theories and that's a hard call. But something is bigger here than what we are being led to believe.

The couple talked to their neighbors and no one has complained. They are friends with many and have had BBQ'a with all of them. The authorities say the neighbors are complaining? Who would complain about something that actually beautifies the neighborhood?

Peace

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

I believe it's the bigger hands controlling the smaller ones in these scenarios tho. Most small areas/townships have never had a problem with front yard gardening until recently it seems. Both in the US and Canada.

Many are screaming Monsanto or Agenda 21 among other theories and that's a hard call. But something is bigger here than what we are being led to believe.

The couple talked to their neighbors and no one has complained. They are friends with many and have had BBQ'a with all of them. The authorities say the neighbors are complaining? Who would complain about something that actually beautifies the neighborhood?

Peace

You may be right, and I have considered that. My mother has lived in the same house for 50 years, and we have the same neighbors on one side that we did when we moved in. That being said, in a neighborhood of 500 families, all it takes is one new douche to move in, and the dynamic changes. Things have drastically changed over the last couple of generations, there are too many people that want to think they have control of things, it has seriously led to a down grade of local government, at least in the small town that I live in. There are people running for local offices here in town that I graduated with, and considered friends in HS, but they have gotten a taste of political life and they have turned into douche's of about the 11th level.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join