It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun sales soar after Colorado shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Gun sales soar after Colorado shooting

www.news.com.au

GUN sales in Colorado have soared in the aftermath of the shooting tragedy in Aurora that claimed 12 lives and left 58 wounded.
Background checks carried out on customers as they buy guns were up 41 per cent in the wake of Friday's shooting at a packed cinema in the Colorado town, the Denver Post reports.
There was also a spike in people seeking training for a concealed carry permit, the report said.
Carrying a handgun or other weapon in public in a concealed manner is legal with a permit in 49 of the 50 US states. Illinois is the only state without such a provision.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It is unlikely in my view there will be gun law reforms in the USA. It is so ingrained in society that people will not give up their arms easily. I would suggest that there will be a fight if indeed it was pushed. Amazing fact as the article suggests, gun sales have increased by up to 41%. That is in the last 5 days!

If it was me and I was living in the US, I too would be owning a gun to DEFEND my self from some physco nutjob or group of nutjobs. After all it is my right.

Pretty soon I would say, a lot more people are going to be living in fear and buying guns to Defend themselves.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-7-2012 by magma because: format

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I say, GOOD!

A few CCW's could have stopped this in its tracks, especially if the shooter KNEW there were CCW's all around, which there should totally be.

You see, the sheep need sheepdogs. It is a necessary thing so the wolves don't dine for free.

There is a guy on youtube, called Nutnfancy. Awesome guy with awesome gun videos, and more. He goes into depth on the sheepdog principle, and what responsibility it is. I abide by that 100%.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This was already posted today, but anyway this is just background checks. You can buy multiple guns with one background check or get one and not buy a gun. I dont even have to get a background check because i have a ccw.

Wtf is with states that allow cities to ban ccw anyway? Thats bull. Colorado needs a gun law preemption law like free states do.

Anyway if i woulda been there this guy would be dead now.
edit on 24-7-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

i would be owning more than one gun if lived in the u.s.

as well as wearing a bullet proof vest and have at least one weapon on me loaded with armor piercing rounds just in case.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
I say, GOOD!

A few CCW's could have stopped this in its tracks, especially if the shooter KNEW there were CCW's all around, which there should totally be.

You see, the sheep need sheepdogs. It is a necessary thing so the wolves don't dine for free.

There is a guy on youtube, called Nutnfancy. Awesome guy with awesome gun videos, and more. He goes into depth on the sheepdog principle, and what responsibility it is. I abide by that 100%.

I carried mine with me last night to see Bat Man just in case, and usually carry to most movies anyway. I am a CCW holder eventhough Arizona allows you to carry concealed without one. It just gives you a little more credibility with law enforcement. They do have a no weapons sign on the front door, but they are supposed to have a place to check in your gun which they don't.
So I carried my snubby and the fiancee carried hers in her purse.
edit on 7/24/1212 by 1MrMarc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Makes sense, doesn't it?

The Police wasn't on the scene when the shooting started. First responders, therefor, shouldn't be cops, it should be armed bystanders or civilians. When will people realize that the only good way to prevent shootings is to make sure other people than the killer are armed?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
I say, GOOD!

Wasn't the guy wearing body armour?

Seems unlikely that handguns would have done much good if he was.

And if someone does want to plan an attack like this and thinks that there will be handguns around then they are probably more likely to wear body armour - remember that pair that held up a bank while armoured up & stood the cop off for ages a few years bzack?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Body armor doesn't guarantee the bullets won't penetrate, though the likelyhood usually is considerable. But it does stop the gunman because it will result in broken ribs and considerable trauma to the contents of your torso. At the very least the guy would've been lying on the ground wheezing like an old man, allowing people to overpower him.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

That's not what happened in the case I'm thinking off - the 2 gunmen took dozens of hits to their armoured sections to no effect at all - eventually, IIRC, they were hit in unarmoured bits.

Of course CCW would probably "help" in many other situations - I'm just not convinced this one is so clear cut.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Yeah, I heard about that one too in the beginnings after the shooting. I can only assume that they were wearing some seriously padded armor, or were stoned to hell and back. But a bullet travels at 500-900 meters a second, so I'm sure you can imagine the impact of being hit by one even if it doesn't penetrate.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Reply to post by magma

LOL, you people are ridiculous. When a flu pandemic starts and people rush to get vaccines you call them stupid. Some random act of violence happens, people rush to get guns and you applaud them. Zero logic.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

No, there's logic behind it, you just don't want to see it. Flu shots kill you. Guns kill people who WOULD kill you.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Reply to post by Gauss

Get the eff outta here lol. Flu vaccines are proven to prevent illness take off your tin foil hat. A gun is a weapon. A weapon really will not do anything helpful. Esspecially since in order to be an accurate shot you need to practice. Also these people probably dont know anything about gun safety. They were certainly not screened for mental health or competence. And now you have idiots fueled by media hype going out with guns....its stupid. These tragedies are not widespread enough to elicit this type of reaction. Either way though, these are clearly not thoughtful people. Because just like people that get flu vaccines the media told them to do it. Its the same thing, you are just biased for guns.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It wouldn't matter how many ccw holder's were in the theater, cinimark teathers banned firearms a long time ago and kick people out that carry them.

Here's an article. www.breitbart.com...
edit on 24-7-2012 by Silverado292 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by Gauss

Flu vaccines are proven to prevent illness take off your tin foil hat. Because just like people that get flu vaccines the media told them to do it. Its the same thing, you are just biased for guns.

And so ithe swine (h1n1) flu vaccine prevented illness? The whooping cough vaccine is preventing illness?

The media is not telling people to go out and buy guns, unlike the vaccine analogy you provide.

Logic and common sense are telling people to defend themselves...

I am not one who is a proponent of violence but when children who need to be defended are in need, than logic dictates that one is at least able to take a sole gun-man out with one's gun all things being considered...
If gun-owners must go through training, so be it...

But to save innocent lives in such scenarios, it is well worth it, IMO...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

There is a reason it's called concealed carry......

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Buy all the guns you like but the obvious problem is that they are too easy to get. Countries with strict gun laws never have this problem and I don't only refer to nut jobs. I'm tired of hearing Americans state that they need guns because criminals have them. They wouldn't have them if the laws were workable.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

It wouldn't matter how many ccw holder's were in the theater, cinimark teathers banned firearms a long time ago and kick people out that carry them.

Man, they've got TSA with the pat-downs working for them too, lol?

Seriously, I would take my chance and let them kick me out...

If something goes terribly wrong, they'd wish they hadn't ...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bowtomonkey

Flashback: Norway...A year ago...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join