It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun sales soar after Colorado shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bowtomonkey

You might want to research that....

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The only way a business should be able to declare themselves a "gun free zone", is if they hire their own armed guards, and are held fully responsible if something does go wrong and people are murdered.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I should have added more to that, a large amount of gun owners abandoned cinimark theaters because of the policy, whether open carried or concealed. It would be interesting if any CCW holders were there, if there were any there hopefully they'll end up posting somewhere.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

I don't blame them. I wouldn't give my money to a business that thinks the false sense of security achieved by "gun free" zones trumps my right to defend myself.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292
It wouldn't matter how many ccw holder's were in the theater, cinimark teathers banned firearms a long time ago and kick people out that carry them.

Here's an article. www.breitbart.com...
edit on 24-7-2012 by Silverado292 because: (no reason given)

Yep, and that theater's "No carry" rule sure did stop the killer from rolling in with a shotgun, AR and a Grock, huh?

The only people who followed that ban were law-abiding citizens. Unfortunately, criminals don't follow those.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Reply to post by BurningSpearess

Not exactly. The swine flu vaccine is still a work in progress as they cant create a vaccine until the infectious strain gets out there. That strain doesnt exist yet which is why there isnt a pandemic. But lets just forgets about the tons of other diseases out there that have been eradicated. Vaccines are proven to work.

The media isnt telling people to buy guns? So I guess all those people on the news saying 'if someone was carrying' had nothing to do with it. Lol. When things are done in mass its rarely because people have thought it out. I mean using the same logic everyone could go out and buy bullet proof vests and feel just as safe. How many people are doing that?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Oh and by the way gun owners do not have to go through training nor do they have to get a license to purchase a gun. Also they are not being screened. So any one of those people buying a gun could go psycho tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Oh and by the way gun owners do not have to go through training nor do they have to get a license to purchase a gun. Also they are not being screened. So any one of those people buying a gun could go psycho tomorrow

I'm fully aware of that.

Just making a concession to those nay-sayers like yourself to "soften" things up in order to protect others...

As for the dangers/benefits of vaccines, please tell that to my low-functioning autistic nephew. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BurningSpearess

As for the dangers/benefits of vaccines, please tell that to my low-functioning autistic nephew. Thanks.

Because you have some actual evidence of the effects of some vaccine or other on his autism??

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

So as not to derail this thread further, yes, I believe childhood vaccines given on current dose schedules and with additives "caused" this. There was a huge difference in the child before (cause) and after (effect)...observations by MDs, etc. There is plenty out there if you'd like to research through an engine...key words vaccine and autism...

This has been discussed on ATS quite a bit including: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Everyone having a gun will not prevent something like this from happening again. And im sure the long term consequences of having these armed idiots running around out there outweighs the guise of safety they feel in the short term.

There is no conclusive evidence that vaccines cause autism. But even if there were, your nephew is better of being autistic than he would be dead. Childhood mortality rates have dropped extremely low compared to what they were before vaccines were used.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Everyone having a gun will not prevent something like this from happening again. And im sure the long term consequences of having these armed idiots running around out there outweighs the guise of safety they feel in the short term.

Agreed. I am just saying that it might lessen damages to the innocent who are in a contained situation.

I lost friends/colleagues in another mass shooting.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

if your thinking of the hollywood shoot out yeah they took multiple hits but they were on phenobarbatal(sp) so there pain tolerances were a bit diffrent then the average nut job shooting into a crowd,body armour only gets you so far i think it plays far more a role in intimidation then over all protection (depends on type of vest and where your hit)

any one ccw w a 5.7 coulda turned the armour into dead weight or hell Tokarevs (7.62x25>?) are suposed to be able to get through lv2 vests and thats not even a new gun design
www.youtube.com... or any one with one of those.....

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Out of like 300 million guns in the US....... The crimes vs. the number of people that own guns are less than 1%......

Why should sweeping laws should be written, because of an innate fear of less than 1% of the population? People act as if there is a massive shooting every other week in the US or something.
edit on Tue, 24 Jul 2012 20:11:58 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I carry concealed everywhere I go. Up until about a year ago, people always found this fascinating or funny, that I carried a gun to the grocery store, the gas station, etc. When people asked me about this I just tell them to watch the news or read the paper. Today, a year later, I don't get asked this question anymore. If anyone asks me today, "Why do you carry a gun?" My standard answer today is, "Why wouldn't you, you do watch the news, right?"
edit on 24-7-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Reply to post by TKDRL

Are you serious? The majority of homocides in the US resulted from use of a firearm. Accidental deaths because of firearms are also pretty high. Guns need to have stricter laws surrounding who can have them.

Even without that though, if gun violence is not a big deal then why do you support people running out and buying guns to 'protect' themselves? I mean gun violence isnt a problem so why do you need one?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

im sorry you had to experience that loss.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Again, that is less than 1%............ You act like it is some huge number or something. Also, a lot of the gun violence occurs in the cities, where gun laws are tight. Criminals killing eachother for drug and pimp territory, or for some nikes. You assert we should all be negatively affected by the actions of less that 1% of the population.
edit on Tue, 24 Jul 2012 20:42:37 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Reply to post by TKDRL

Eh, well if less than one percent of the population is using a weapon that causes the majority of murders in the country clearly something needs to be done. A good number of gun homocides are gang related but certainly not all. Most accidental deaths by guns do not happen in cities and a lot of people still die from that. You could also factor in suicides and the number of deaths would be even higher. Anyway, you cant give me a justification for why anyone needs a gun for protection. Simple answer, they dont.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

It's a right in the USA, sorry champ. And Defense is not the only reason people need guns. If you don't like it, move to england, because you won't be disarming us.

Also if you start throwing in accidents to the equation, the accidental deaths from gun vs accidental deaths in cars.... Who wins that? And suicide as well. Those numbers are irrelevant, and suicides happen to be lumped in with the violent gun crime in the US already.

A drop in the bucket, if you don't want guns, fine, don't have them. Move to DC or NYC if the gun laws there make you feel safer. Don't expect the rest of us to accept gun control that clearly doesn't work in the first place.
edit on Tue, 24 Jul 2012 21:04:23 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join