It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holmes had TWO roommates! EVIDENCE that MSM is rewriting the official story before our eyes!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Hadn't seen anyone mention the conflict about the Tea Party misrepresentation from ABC. Misreporting is common in the first stages of any breaking news. It is called the fog of war, or the fog of battle. Everyone wants to be the first, much like the competition to make threads on ATS, as we have all witnessed. ie: "Already been posted HERE".

When blatant misreporting errors happen, news agencies like ABC must retract to save face.

When slight errors happen, and they are spread far and wide, there is no way to retract. Once the fire is spread, they simply quit reporting on it, and it slips off into never, never land. You are witnessing that happening.

Cover up? Not so sure.

The Asian kid was found by police, and was interviewed, and found to not be any threat. He was soon released. The only part that made no sense to me was he allegedly made a call to police threatening violence if the shooter was not released. The call was allegedly traced through an IP back through a router. Was it Skyped? Why did they let him go if he threatened violence? Isn't that not... legal? Was it another timed app call from the shooter? It leaves a lot of questions.

The cell phone call in the theater? There are apps to call yourself and make it look like someone else called you. You can set these calls on a timer like an alarm clock. You can even set up timed texts to make it look like hot girls are texting you. He very well could have used an app like this to make it look like he got a call to give the "appearance" of an excuse to leave the theater, ie: to avoid disrupting the movie.

The questions about why did he get all the body armor to just give up to police? I have a reasonable explanation for that, as well. He was wearing a costume. The body armor was not real. Just google/bing COSPlay SWAT costume. I think this is a very logical possibility, because along with the orange hair and his known penchant for online gaming, he most certainly knew of COSPlay.

Oh, and how did he have the money for all the gear? He blew his grant on gear and the apartment set-up, hence wy he was about to be evicted, and maybe even why he had to drop out of his courses.

washington.cbslocal.com...

James Holmes Received $26K Grant From Bethesda-Based National Institutes of Health
July 24, 2012 7:49 AM

WASHINGTON (CBSDC/AP) - James Holmes, the alleged gunman in the recent theater shooting that left 12 dead in Aurora, Colo., was previously awarded a $26,000 federal grant.

www.politico.com...

ABC President: Ross report hurts coverage
By DYLAN BYERS | 7/24/12 2:44 PM EDT

ABC News president Ben Sherwood told staff today that last Friday's incorrect report by Brian Ross detracts from the network's otherwise excellent coverage of the Colarado theater shooting, network sources tell POLITICO.

In addition to Ross's report, ABC News now faces a conflicting claim from the mother of Colorado theater shooting suspect James Holmes. Arlene Holmes issued a statement yesterday alleging that ABC's Matthew Mosk mischaracterized her when he reported that she had identified her son as the alleged shooter.

edit on 24-7-2012 by Libertygal because: dang brackets

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
S&F, this detail has been bugging me also. I even checked and noticed that word of his roommates was disappearing online. Who were they, and were they involved?

I bet they were in on this and belonged to a certain agency allowing it to go through.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
You guys need to learn how the media works, and stop thinking they are super intelligent.

The media is a bunch of blind and dumb monkeys who parrot every little thing anyone says without doing any real research. They want to be the first to reveal details, no matter if they are correct or not, for ratings.

Then, when they find out what they have been blindly parroting is wrong, very few media outlets will admit they are wrong, because then they lose credibility, so most of them quietly remove their mistake without telling anyone.

That is when you conspiracy theorist get thrown off course and think there is a huge cover-up because you don't understand just how stupid the media really is.
edit on 24-7-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I wonder how we can get the floor plans for that Apt building, there must be records on public somewhere? That would give us a better idea of the possibilities of additional roommates, considering if it was a 1 bedroom, then he likely lived alone.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I realize that people are aware that the room-mates story is not bogus, but I skipped to the end of the thread to throw in this result from a search on dogpile.com,

www.nbc26.com...

Public records indicate that Holmes lived with two roommates, also from California, in the Aurora building where police have found explosives, at 1690 Paris St., Apt. 10. The building is reserved for students, faculty and staff from the medical campus.

Surely this raises questions as to how a guy with two room-mates could get to the point of wiring an apartment with explosives without some sort of red flag being raised by the room-mates.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
More initial information from first hand witnesses claiming this shooter had an accomplice that somehow was buried in the avalanche of press coverage:

The University of Colorado, Denver: An MK Ultra hot-spot since the 1950s.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
What public records search would show who tenants are in a rented apartment? Whatever the answer is, well who else can run the search and why hasn't anyone done it??

The puzzling thing is, attached to that 2 roommates piece of info I recall the MSM mentioning his rental application. How did they get a copy of the rental application (or information off of it) so quickly? Have pictures of this application surfaced? Wouldn't the landlord be the only person to provide this? If so, seems he/she is ok with giving out private information on James Holmes so why haven't they been interviewed by the media??

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IamMe14

How about a voter registration list? That might be indexed according to address. There are also address indexed phone books and probably other address indexed records.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Sorry for the wall of text, but reports from actual people say Holmes lived by himself. Room mates are only referred to as former room mates. The only reference to him possibly having room mates is the ones that according to 'public' record and don't 100% confirm it.

Interestingly enough one news site references the Denver post saying the public records thing ... I haven't been through all 400ish articles on the Denver post website to see about the public records quote, but I haven't found that quote yet - unless it comes from the actual physical paper?

I'm in two minds about it ... There don't appear to be any quotes from actual people stating that Holmes had room mates, so it could be that a bunch of journalists parroted wrong information and are covering their tracks. At the same time, it's odd that I can't find the comment in the Denver post.

Without a quote from a live person stating James Holmes had a room mate at the time I'd have to lean towards it being a mistake from researching some written information. Still odd.

ABC News

Neighbors and acquaintances have said that Holmes was quiet, lived alone and kept to himself. No close friends have yet come forward to talk about him.

Aberdeen News

"Overall, he was a pretty healthy guy. He was a bit independent and introverted. He had his quirks. He'd laugh at his own corny jokes," said his former roommate at UC Riverside. He lived with Holmes for two years and, when contacted Monday, didn't want to be identified.

Denver Post

Jose Torres,45, said he didn't remember Holmes having a roommate and said he wasn't social. Torres gasped when he realized Holmes was the accused shooter in Colorado.

Sympatico News CA

The Denver Post reports that Holmes lived in an apartment not far from the movie theatre. According to the paper, public records show that Holmes lived with two roommates from California. Holmes described himself as "quiet and easy-going" on the rental application form he filled out last year, The Post reports.

Officer

"Overall, he was a pretty healthy guy. He was a bit independent and introverted. He had his quirks. He'd laugh at his own corny jokes," said his former roommate at UC Riverside. He lived with Holmes for two years and, when contacted Monday, didn't want to be identified.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...#!

mass casualty exercise at the community college of aurora. convenient.

edit on 24-7-2012 by paradism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
These media outlets will push whatever, they even claimed Iraq would have nukes if we didn't invade.

They are Proven Liars.

If you actually start believing in their crap again, after realizing they do indeed lie for ulterior agendas, you are in big trouble.

Look when someone lies to me and I catch them, I'll never trust them again. Just the way I am.

So there is no way in hell I'll ever trust the media again.
That would be utterly idiotic and foolish.

You don't have to play it safe here, it's a known proven fact that the media lies constantly.
I honestly hope no one is silly enough to believe in those fictional fantasy-based bed time stories...
edit on 24-7-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Alright I think some people are completely missing the point. I'm not pointing out that some facts have changed. I'm pointing out that several sources are COMPLETELY REMOVING any evidence that specific information was ever reported. Facts change all the time in these sort of events.. What struck me as alarming is that while many facts have changed and some have been corrected or reported as false... The fact that the shooter had two room mates is being completely ERASED FROM STORIES THEY WERE PREVIOUSLY VISIBLE AND READABLE IN.

This is not a case of some outlets reporting this information and others not. Stories that I and many others read with our own eyes have been altered and information was completely removed and replaced with different information. This isn't an instance of redacting statements.. This is an instance of media outlets erasing what was previously stated as if it never happened.

This doesn't pertain to just this case, this pertains to everything they report on. I'm sure if we all paid close attention we'd notice this is happening to several important details that are a part of several different events or stories. We forget about them because they are essentially erased from records.

And to NAMTERCES. The point you are missing is that all of the articles, even the ones MSNBC had, used to actually have the statement that he had two room mates. MSNBC and other media outlets have completely erased or replaced that sentence within THE EXACT ARTICLE AND WEB ADDRESS. The article on the Christian Post as well as the article on MSNBC used to contain this exact quote:

Public records indicate that Holmes lived with two roommates at 1690 Paris St., Apt. 10. The roommates are also recorded as being from California.

And this quote has been completely removed from those same articles viewed 4 days ago. Google's algorithms search TEXT that is not contained within anchor tags which signify a link and display them the way I have shown in the screenshots. The data is kept in something similar to the internet cache that we all have. As you commit a search, it finds matches within the cached data and finds a timestamp to tell you when the cache was saved and article was published. I and several others read the above quote, and I even COPY AND PASTED IT directly from the Christian Post article the other day to include it on my "What we Know So Far" post on the original Aurora Shooter thread.
edit on 24-7-2012 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Blah
www.eggdonor.com...
Site is still there - no conspiracy folks..move on.
Limbo

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

good post, I'm starting to think the roommates was just an error that journalists ran with.

The ex-girlfriend thing is pretty huge though, she doesn't want to be found but obviously many people should know her identity. Frankly, I'm surprised it took 3-4 days to even discover he recently had a breakup.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

Ok it would be one thing if the MSM outlets were the only ones doing it.

But apparently all of these little small-time nobody media outlets were playing along, at least as far as I can tell.

The only plausible explanations are that:

Everyone secretly discussed and agreed to omit that information through networks we don't have access to.
OR
That someone with extreme power/influence put pressure on these outlets behind the scenes to omit that information.

No public redaction was made, I see no "apology from the editors", etc.

I am generally fairly skeptical of anything known proven liars tell me (while trying to profit off it).

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well the Major outlets are the majority that have removed the info. I'm not a Christian but I do know the Christian Post is a fairly large media outlet and I wouldn't be surprised if they were owned by a larger media corporation. The smaller "nobody" media sources still in many instances have this data as we can see from some of the links people are providing. The fact that MSNBC erased it is what really set the alarm off for me.. So I started searching only to find that most of the articles I searched from the top Google media hits had done the same.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Most people won't really understand this but whatever.

It doesn't matter to me what everyone believes to be or claims is fact.
There is no way I can authenticate or prove any of these claims first hand.

And there is no way in hell I'm just going to take people's word for it, considering they don't actually know either way.

I just don't trust known proven liar organizations. And it just so happens the media belongs in that category.

Who here really believes in their heart that they will find unbiased "TRUTH" from the media ?
That's like believing that Disney cartoon movies show the truth about male-female relationships.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Ok. the reports show the information about the "roommates" came from public records. If these were cia spooks there would not have been public records identifying the records in the first place. It is probably old info.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Personally I think you guys are heading off the map with this one, and it was simply removed to protect the innocent. If there had been anyone else involved the police would be all over it by now. The police department can never keep their mouths shut, which is why you always see, “a police official speaking off the record”, in these news articles. Stuff like this would have leaked all over the place by now, if there as anything too it.

I mean for all we know, maybe its his "neighbors", which have been mentioned on the official record as being "roommates", in a divided apartment. There are apartments that are divided in such a way that those who share them never even see each other (each their own little apartment), even though on the official records they still are only listed as a single apartment.

For example, I know of a house in my neighborhood, that is broken into three apartments, but its still listed as one house because its technically not an apartment, nor is it zoned as such.

Personally I would be more interested looking into what he was researching. From the sound of what he was describing in his lecture footage, it appears as though they were experimenting with setting up false memories and losing complete touch with reality. That makes a lot more sense when you consider that he has apparently taken on the persona of the “Joker”. The prison guards have even stated that he is still using this persona.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It is my hope that this thread might make some people aware of how blatantly the MSM manipulates the story and omits information. I have always been somewhat skeptical of "the official" story for several events, but I have always been a little trusting. I think finding what I did has just confirmed the fears I always had.

I always would tell myself "You're thinking about this too much." or "There are no conspiracies this intricate"

I hope this will make people be a little more diligent in their own research as well. Make sure to gather ALL of the facts, even if they haven't been officially confirmed. Pay attention to what the media does to that information and how they spin it. I'm not saying believe everything.. I'm saying look at the whole picture and always prove it to yourself.. Don't let someone else prove it to you.

What I found was more of a slap to my face.. As I started to doze off it allowed me to snap back to it and realize that things are most definitely not what they always appear to be.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join