It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1986 Comic, The Dark Knight Returns, theatre shooting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Very strange story in the 1986 comic The Dark Knight Returns.

It shows a 'red haired' gun man who shoots people in a movie theatre-

washingtonexaminer.com...

It's just weird to say the least

I guess it opens the possibility that James Holmes was acting to act out a comic book he read, but this just gets crazier and crazier the more I look into it.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The Dark Knight cinema massacre may have been inspired by a Batman comic book strip, it emerged on Friday.

The bloodbath is a chilling copycat of a 25-year-old Batman comic strip which features a deranged gunman opening fire in a cinema.

edit on 24-7-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The link only shows the second portion up close, I undertand thats the portion with the gun. But what was the dialoge that leads up too it can we get mabye a PDF of the whole comic if available???

SaneThinking

P.S does seem so bloody odd and strange to me all the foreshadowing that seems to be making its way out of the wood work....

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaneThinking
The link only shows the second portion up close, I undertand thats the portion with the gun. But what was the dialoge that leads up too it can we get mabye a PDF of the whole comic if available???

SaneThinking

P.S does seem so bloody odd and strange to me all the foreshadowing that seems to be making its way out of the wood work....

I can't find anymore of it, I just find the fact the gunman in the comic having red hair really strange considering Holmes had made his hair red before doing what he did.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
the official story makes no sense the coincidences are too many and people are waking up to the reality this was planned organised and that clown either had help or he did not do it at all. where is the video from the theater when he entered paid for his ticket and got his 3d glasses oh wait let me guess the cameras were not working or the judge sealed the case how convenient now this revelation but what are we being distracted from? what law are they trying to pass under the radar ? the more I hear about this the more I believe it is a false flag operation

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
did he read the comics? any idea yet? (his mother might know)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality
did he read the comics? any idea yet? (his mother might know)

Good question, what a bunch of crap. Oswald all over again, what a great government we have, Columbine and Virginia Tech and now this!!! How far will they go!!!!!!!!!!!

Government = Terrorists!!!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

where is the video from the theater when he entered paid for his ticket and got his 3d glasses

The Dark Knight Rises isn't in 3D.

I doubt he acted entirely alone but then we don't know all the facts yet and paranoid speculation seems pretty pointless.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The only similarities I see is that the comic relates to batman, the character has (what im assuming is) red hair, and a shoot out in a theater.

But thats enough I guess...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
So what if he did use this old comic as a template for his killing spree? What does it confirm beyond what we already know, i.e. he is a lunatic....

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have the comic right here beside me actually and its quite interesting actually if you take time to read it not only is there a shoot out in a theatre, Harvey Dent threatens to blow up the twin towers (exact words mark you twin towers) Now i dont want to hype any media being used to tell of whats to come but its very interesting to see such "coincidences " theres more than just that to read too.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

"Comic strip"? Reaaaaly? Comic strip. *facepalm* Who the heck do they have writing this stuff, C. Montgomery Burns? "Ahoy-hoy! I was just listening to my Victrola and contemplating investing in an up-and-coming autogyro plant in heathen Burma, when it hit me: serialized humourous illustrated broadsheet fillers! We can call them... funny lines! No wait: COMIC STRIPS!"

Yeeesh.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
The only similarities I see is that the comic relates to batman, the character has (what im assuming is) red hair, and a shoot out in a theater.

But thats enough I guess...

Well the Comic was called The Dark Knight Returns.

It is about Batman being out from the limelight and 'returning' to fight crime.

The shooter in the theatre has red/orange hair.

The actual shooting carried out in Aurora was by a man who had dyed his hair red/orange and the film he chose was The Dark Knight Rises.

It is about Batman returning, very similar to the comic.

It isn't a coincidence, but doesn't need to be a conspiracy either. Perhaps Holmes had read the comics and decided to act out as this character for the first showing of the Dark Knight Rises.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Reply to post by Wonderer2012

I'm sure its rather simple to obtain a copy of this comic so its likely he has read it. Assuming he has and that it influenced him, I wonder why he choose to re enact this particular part? Did that character relate to james in some way?

I wonder if we'll ever get the information to answer these questions. Kinda doubt it.

maybe this comic had alot to do with what he did and he choose to recreate that part of the comic for the simple fact that it would be easy game for him. If you think about it, being in a theater with a gunman would be like being locked in a cage with him.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Reply to post by Wonderer2012

I'm sure its rather simple to obtain a copy of this comic so its likely he has read it.

It's one of the most widely read and well known graphic novels ever written. It's considered seminal in the field. It's commonly cited as being not just the inspiration for much of the tone of comics in the late 80's/early 90's but that tone's prototypical example. It's widely available in comic shops, books stores, and amazon.

Sooo.... yeah. It's not unlikely that he read it.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
the official story makes no sense the coincidences are too many and people are waking up to the reality this was planned organised and that clown either had help or he did not do it at all. where is the video from the theater when he entered paid for his ticket and got his 3d glasses oh wait let me guess the cameras were not working or the judge sealed the case how convenient now this revelation but what are we being distracted from? what law are they trying to pass under the radar ? the more I hear about this the more I believe it is a false flag operation

Well so far nothing makes sense, but I'm pretty sure he did it. Maybe not alone, but in my opinion I don't think he's innocent like some people are trying to make it sound.

The reason is because he knew about the bombs in his apartment. Don't know why he would tell the cops about the bombs, that does seem odd, but he did tell them which means he knew about them. They took 2 days to disarm so they probably took a while to arm. Probably couldn't be done by someone else as he drove to the movie. Might have even taken days.

It shows he was most likely in his APT when the bombs were being setup. So logically it's most likely he's the one that set them up. Also, it's not like these bombs just came out of nowhere. He spent a month or two at least they say collecting all the guns/ammo/bomb making material. It was a long term planning thing.

And it's not like he was held captive or something the whole time. Witnesses say they saw him use his cellphone before he went out the exit door. It shows he had a phone on him and could have called the cops if he was captive.

From what I've seen so far I can't see anyway that it wasn't him. In my opinion he's the main guy if not the only guy. Now I'm just going by the sketchy details we know now. These details may be found wrong later and therefore I may be found wrong.

But just going by evidence, it does show signs of being a false flag, it does seem suspicious, but so far none of the evidence bears that out. Fact wise I can't see anything to convince me it's a false flag.

Now yeah I got that feeling like it was a false flag, but so far none of the evidence is going along with that feeling yet in my opinion. Looks like it might have just been a psycho.

edit on 25-7-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Ridiculous, don't even try to start this nonsense. It's bad enough the moron on cnn or fox or whatever I saw last night said this peace of # looked like the Joker with his red hair. Really, come on? This senseless bull# has nothing to do with any comic book ever published and anyone insinuating that it does is doing a disservice to the industry and even worse the fans who were there that night who will deal with this mess for the rest of their lives.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I wish people stopped trying to proof some forced links between Batman and some sick, weak minded man. It makes me sick because it contradicts the idea of Batman.

Batman was all about fighting crime in human way.

"He's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight."

edit on 25-7-2012 by gigaherc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by gigaherc
I wish people stopped trying to proof some forced links between Batman and some sick, weak minded man. It makes me sick because it contradicts the idea of Batman.

"He's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight."

No one is making any judgement about Batman.

Do you deny the similarity- do you not find it weird that a comic book from 1986 showed a gunman with red hair shooting people in a movie theatre and that the comic was called the 'Dark Knight RETURNS'?

When the film version, Dark Knight Rises comes out, someone dyes their hair red and shoots up a movie theatre and you don't think that is a bit weird?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

Do you deny the similarity- do you not find it weird that a comic book from 1986 showed a gunman with red hair shooting people in a movie theatre and that the comic was called the 'Dark Knight RETURNS'?

When the film version, Dark Knight Rises comes out, someone dyes their hair red and shoots up a movie theatre and you don't think that is a bit weird?

Out of interest, does no one else find this to be weird?

1-

-1986 comic book, the Dark Knight Returns.

- Shooting takes place at Dark Knight Rises movie.

2-

- The gunman in the comic has orange/red hair (only his hair is coloured in this section of the comic)

- James Holmes dyed his hair orange/red before carrying out the shootings

3-

- The shooting in the comic takes place in a movie theatre

- The real shooting took place in a movie theatre.

Is it not possible the killer had read the comics and decided to act out this scene, hence explaining why he dyed his hair before carrying it out?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Out of interest, does no one else find this to be weird?

1-

-1986 comic book, the Dark Knight Returns.

- Shooting takes place at Dark Knight Rises movie.

2-

- The gunman in the comic has orange/red hair (only his hair is coloured in this section of the comic)

- James Holmes dyed his hair orange/red before carrying out the shootings

3-

- The shooting in the comic takes place in a movie theatre

- The real shooting took place in a movie theatre.

Is it not possible the killer had read the comics and decided to act out this scene, hence explaining why he dyed his hair before carrying it out?

i don't find it to be weird that someone who was delusional chose to act out a comic book. that's what delusional people do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join