It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcomer saying hello

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Hello i am new to this website i have many important topics to share with you all, on the paranormal and ufo topic,
will gladly share my experiences during my time here.

Want to pass my regards onto all the users, it looks like a good website and i hope i can help people

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
what do flags mean?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sopheruk

Hello, sopheruk,

great to have you with us! Doubtless a moderator will be along shortly to give you some advice about key points here, but meanwhile I'd like to give you a link to one of the best collections of UFO threads on ATS, those that were posted by our late and much-missed member jkrog08.

His enthusiasm for the UFO subject and his detailed research makes his threads well worth reading and so I recommend them to you.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sopheruk
what do flags mean?

If a thread is given a "flag", it means that a member believes it is worth looking at. It's a way to help other members to take notice of it. It's completely subjective, of course, but sometimes, threads that have many flags can turn out to be quite interesting ones.

I liked your introduction and so I gave you a flag.

Mike

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
ah, i thought flags meant a warning or something
i got worried that id said something wrong

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sopheruk

No, nothing like that!
You're in the clear!

If we want to alert the mods to a post that's offensive or otherwise in breach of the ATS T&Cs then we just mouse over the blue "member" tag (on the left below the member's name/avatar) and in the drop-down we click on "Alert". It opens a box where we can write details of why we feel the post needs attention.

You can also use that drop-down to access various other useful features. Try it and see.

Regarding those Terms and Conditions, it's rather a long document and while it's all important and should be read at least once, I'd recommend at least reading from part 15 onwards. That's where it gives specific details of the sorts of things that are not allowed and can result in temporary or permanent banning of a member. Frankly most members who get banned had to work at it!
It's pretty rare that a member will be banned for overstepping the line just once, but if it's something extreme then the owners may be left with no option.

Just BTW, you can contact the moderators any time on any matter relating to this site. Just click on the drop-down below any moderator's name and you can send them a message. Or if you wish, you can even write to the owners by clicking on the "contact us" link on the lower-right corner at the bottom of any page, which will open a page to the Contact AboveTopSecret form. It sends your message via email to the owners. And yes, they do reply. I've had occasion to write to them a couple of times when I had queries and they got back to me pretty promptly.

Regards,

Mike

edit on 24/7/12 by JustMike because: fixed coding glitch

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Welcome sopheruk

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, you will find lots of information, ideas and theories here that will open your eyes to many things, have fun and Deny Ignorance!

top topics

join