It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to defend yourself? Get a taser!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
There are times when a taser could be an appropriate response. There are more times when you should just swallow your pride and walk away. However. You never NEED a gun until you need it badly and right now. There are times when a lesser response just will not do.

i agree but i wouldnt use violence though

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
This by the way is seriously the WORST MOST PATHETIC THREAD to date on ATS.

I cannot believe the level of complete STUPIDITY of this thread. It is UNBELIEVABLY pathetic garbage of a thread.

It doesnt even REMOTELY make a decent argument to support your stance. NOTHING!!!!!!! UNBELIEVABLY RIDICULOUS at even a preschool level!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 24-7-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

"Yea, an innocent family defending themselves and their home with a little taser to counter a group of young thugs or gang members all having guns"
You being serious?! I understand protecting your family from burglars but a group of young thugs? Thats laughable, i suppose you think all teenagers are pit smoking hooded layabouts and the coloured are criminals?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

I made it for people like you, obviously you have no useful contribution.
You, my sir are paranoid

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Well if you choose to arm yourself with a tazer, that's your choice. I will keep my guns, thank you. And no, I won't give them up because city folks are escared of them

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

And if the "other guy" has a weapon, be that a gun, long knife, baseball bat, crowbar, wooden 2x4?
Ever notice how taser don't work on drugged up perps?

You intend to stand there with wallet or the keys to your vehicle in hand. Or show them the way to your wife in the bedroom or the kiddies' sleeping area?

Is it such a crime to knowingly prepare to protect yourself and your loved ones to the maximum you can? After all, the attacker will be fairly well determined to have their way with you and yours. What will be your defense after such an attack? How would you explain your failure to be prepared? Will you shrug and say, "Well, shucks, I'm a liberal man, and....

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Im a british country boy, the city people would call me a "farmer" theres no guns here except the odd hunting rifle

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Im not saying its a crime, your all missing my point. What are the odds of you being in this kind of situation? It may be more likely in america but here, no chance

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
You know what's funny? In many cities and states tasers are harder to acquire legally than guns and are even illegal in some instances.

Same with less-than-lethal ammunition such as bean bags or rubber buckshot.

I remember wanting to load my home shotgun with rubber buckshot only to discover that in the state I lived in at the time that would have been illegal.

The magic of bureaucracy.

The state would rather I eviscerate a human being than simply incapacitate a human.

I think it stems from the backwards notion that kids would go around tasing people or shooting rubber bullets at people because they think it's "harmless" or "funny" or some other such tripe.

Blew my mind that in that state I could walk around with a dozen concealed pistols and 400 rounds of ammo perfectly legally but I couldnt carry a taser or pepper spray.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sopheruk

There are times when a taser could be an appropriate response. There are more times when you should just swallow your pride and walk away. However. You never NEED a gun until you need it badly and right now. There are times when a lesser response just will not do.

Then you will die, or at the least be victimized. That is your choice to make. As for me, I choose to defend myself, my family, and my property.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Guns dont kill people. Its PEOPLE who kill people.

Lets ban cars...and fireworks...and kitchen knives..and hammers
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

People make me laugh saying that.
I'd like to see a gun kill someone without a person behind it. Why is it all or nothing in america?
Guns make it 10x easier to kill a person.
Making it a killing tool. If it was a defence tool it woulnt be a gun it would be a bulletproof shield

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If you are going to blame "guns" for the evil people do, then you must praise them for the good done with them. Guns freed the slaves. Guns defeated Hitler. Guns freed America from the British. Guns have done many good things, why do you only recognize the bad? Hmmmm.... maybe it wasn't the guns that did those things at all. Could it be the people holding those guns might have had some responsibility for the good done with those guns?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

1988 bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 270 lives

1995 Oklahoma City bombing 168 lives

2001 September 11 nearly 3000 lives

7 July 2005 London bombings 56 lives

No guns.

What is the point of this thread?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
reply to post by Finalized

Or it might play a part in stopping nutjobs like holmes getting hold of weapons so easily?
I dont see why people cant consider that

That is the thing, guns are easier to get illegally than legally.
In England I hear there was a man who went on a rmpage with a 22.
So we now know that you can get a gun where they are prohibited and have been for awhile.
If I could not buy one, I could make one easily.
If no guns I could make bombs.
I dont see why people cant consider that.
(eta)
You are right this is not a movie, after the movie the dead come back to life and go on to the next film.
In real life groups of people look to do harm to average law abiding citizens, sometimes they forcibly go into these peoples homes and businesses.
I dont see why people cant consider that.
edit on 24-7-2012 by g146541 because: to add

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Yes i am aware people kill people in many different ways, most things can be used to kill a person.
Guns are made for killing people, unless someones coming at you with a gun (at which point what on earth makes you think youll shoot him first) why would you ever need it? Self defence wise its overkill.
Im just gonna give up, americans are the most ignorant people you can find, im sorry for doubting all of your infinite wisdom. We all know americas the greatest country in the world.....

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sopheruk

And this is your right, to be a victim and allow your loved ones to be victims too.
I endorse your right to simply lay down and give up.
Please respect my right to not give up.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Yes why i said "so easily", i live in the uk the person your thinking of is raul moat, i cant think of any other occasions someones gone on a shooting rampage here.
Ive only ever known of one person with a gun and he was a drug dealer. (i say know of meaning someone told me)
Yes you can get guns in the uk but it sure wont be easy.
A few years ago i was in a bowling alley and a friend was (foolishly) waving around a bright orange bb gun. Rmed response were there in minutes and they dealt with it.
You can go digging up examples from any country but that doesnt reflect whatsoever what its like to live there.
Normal people dont need guns.
Thinking about it your probably more likely to randomly go crazy and kill yourself or have a freak accident and shoot yourself than you are to be in a situation where suppressive fire is justified.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
reply to post by mysterioustranger

People make me laugh saying that.
I'd like to see a gun kill someone without a person behind it. Why is it all or nothing in america?
Guns make it 10x easier to kill a person.
Making it a killing tool. If it was a defence tool it woulnt be a gun it would be a bulletproof shield

Correct, without a human a gun is useless, so why do away with them?
I would propose we do away with the people who use them illegally.
Now if ANYTHING was "bulletproof", a portable shield would be great to have.
However, nothing is "bulletproof".
Plus a handgun is much more portable than a shield.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Your government has you paranoid, god i didnt realise how bad it actually is over there

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join