It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black holes and a daydream about multiple universes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
While driving in traffic today I was pondering black holes, I was wondering where all that energy goes that is engulfed in them. We know so little about the universe and whats in it you think we could stop all the wars and fighting for things that aren't important and just look up at the stars and think.

I wish the human species was smart, could you imagine a parallel universe where people don't fight and argue but talk and debate and the truth is only as real one can percieve it.

Anyways back to the subject, I was and have been thinking about mulitple universes and a story I read as a kid where this kid could jump from this reality to another reality a parallel universe persay, in which there wasn't electricity or computers or cars and only 1 person to every 10000 people here in our reality. Everything in this story was connected in a big way... minor things he did on the other side would have drastic effects here. Other people were able to travel back and forth too but they were very rare. This boy had what would be considered a double or a twin or simple his other side and when he jumped he changed appearance slightly. Well other things changed too.. not everything but some things like a marble here would be a mirror there, or a guitar pick here would be a shark tooth there.

I think there are parallel universes and I think that they are beyond our comprehension because our reality and what is the truth to us is only how we percieve our surroundings. I think that there are things that are tied together between these universes and thats when I got to thinking about black holes. That energy has to go somewhere. Would a black hole in this universe be a black hole in another.. or would it be a rip in the space time fabric just spewing forth enegry.

If space and time were bent completely would that mean that black holes are pushing all the universal energy back to the very beginning of time and causing the big bang? Are they like giant vaccum cleaners sucking up the scatteredness of the universe until nothing is left and the vaccum bag breaks creating the whole cycle over again?

Or like in the book maybe they change completely and in a seperate universe the black holes are represented by stars, which could mean maybe our sun is actually fueled by a black hole. The sun seems to be the polar opposite of a black hole.

This doesn't need to be a factual conversation though facts would be welcome I just feel we need something else to talk about than the man made horrors in this world.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

I imagine that universe often throughout my day.
2nd

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I love the idea that white holes are on the other side of a black hole in a different universe. Whats sad is that nothing can survive the trip. The energy just gets condensed into "nothing". I do love the idea the nothing turns into something. Makes sense to me. Worm holes are basically humanitys only hopes of reaching anything far away in this universe or in another. Ive come to this conclusion, unless we magically create some insane speeds to get from a to b. Im crossing my fingers that one day we could find, stabilize, or even control a worm hole. Heres hoping for great things in the future!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
So if every star goes supernova.. then eventually turns into a black hole when the universe gets to the end of its life and just say we happened to be in the last galaxy left.. when we looked into space there would be no stars only black.

Then the whole universe would be black holes of different sizes slowly growing larger and larger absorbing themselves until only one would be left. Since time doesn't matter with black holes then all this has happened over and over.

A picture of a black hole...

spiral galaxy
edit on 24-7-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Hello Doalrite,
I hope you don't mind me butting in. I just saw your thread and, as someone who has been thinking about black/white holes for a few years just had to reply! I agree with you that the other side of a black hole is a white hole and that whatever matter from our universe that gets sucked into a black hole would come out in another universe. The thing is there's no way of telling what a planet would be like having undergone the changes involved with being sucked into something a LOT smaller than itself, and would it come straight out of the other side? Or would it mingle with other things trapped in the hole's internal universe?

I'd like to think, although there's absolutely no pair of legs for this to stand on so far as I know, that Black Holes have 'Periods'. So it's a Black hole at the peak of being a Black hole for a while and slowly it's violently introvert state evens out. Suddenly it turns extrovert, pushing its intake back out as brand new matter. And then it just goes round and round. I don't care whether that's a load of Sci-Fi nonsense because it sounds pretty good! To me at least...

Ramadwarf Philes on liking the thread, matter transformation, and Black Holes becoming White Holes.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramadwarf Philes

Hey dont think about it as butting in here. This is why we come here to discuss things.

I read you thread on black holes and agree that matter doesn't just "disappear" it only changes. I would like to ask you what you think if there are parallel universes would black holes be the same or maybe they are still stars.. is it possible that all stars are connected in parallel universe and the matter that goes in a black hole actually feeds its twin star. Or affects the star in some way.

Its nothing that we will ever actually figure out i'm sure but it is interesting. I often wonder if god resembles a star instead of us, stars form life and give life and also take it away. I wonder if stars are aware as well on a level we could never understand.

So many possiblitlies out there, with very little knowledge, and all the while we live on this little planet killing our own species and destroying the world...

new topics

top topics

join