It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a Denver/Aurora resident, I have a LOT to say about the shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+100 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Ok! I have been thinking for a few days about the shooting and I have many things to say. I almost went to the movie that night. At that theater. I had tickets and my plans changed at the last moment. Who knows if I would have been in that theater, but either way...
Around midnight, I got this overwhelming sense of panic while I was at home. I didn't have my kids (which is why I was going to go to the movie) and my son actually ended up calling me around 12:30 because he couldn't sleep. He's a very intuitive kid and it was odd to hear from him. I'm super anal about making sure my kids are asleep no later than 10. My mom got the same feeling right before 9/11 happened.
So, weirded out beyond belief, I turned the TV on and that's when I saw the horror. I live about 5 miles from the theater in Denver, but I border Aurora.

I posted in another thread that last year, Aurora PD got an ok somewhere to spend 50 million dollars to beef up their PD. LINK The link doesn't give the final numbers. I am still searching for that article. I will update.
So that's the first thing I found odd since we haven't seen an increase in cops in general.

The second thing that popped into my mind was how NOBODY saw anything suspicious. Aurora is extremely locked down. You can't go anywhere without seeing armed (security guards? cops?) And plenty of mall cops. The Aurora mall and that theater (which is next to the mall) have a steady loop of security. And they stop you for pretty much anything. I've been questioned WITH MY KIDS because we were sitting in my car, waiting for my mom during the day. At night they step the security up even more. It's pretty ridiculous. I've always been annoyed with it. So how did this guy go unnoticed?

Third. The door he supposedly "kicked in". Those doors DEFINITELY have an alarm that goes off when you open them. I'm thinking he must have had some sort of inside connection with a staff member. Or more.
I was there back in May and the power went out during a thunderstorm. A lady freaked out and went out the emergency exit and an alarm went off.
Of course I always account for things like...maybe SOME don't have alarms. Maybe the alarm turns on as a security feature when the power goes out.
But that's unlikely. Especially because of the security I mentioned above.
(I can't work the media right on here and if someone wants to put up a picture of the door in question, feel free!)

I also KNOW the theater has cameras freaking everywhere. Why have we not seen video surveillance footage yet? Are they going to edit it to fit their own story they are going to feed us. Colorado in general ranks #3 for the most surveillanced states. There are cameras everywhere here. You can't pick your nose without it being recorded.

I also noticed that the day of the shooting, Buckley Air force Base was much busier than usual. A lot of jets at high altitude, not during their regular times. They usually fly at 11am and 2pm, very low to the ground. And only 3-4 jets at a time. There were probably 8-10 circling around the area. Buckley is 3 miles from the Aurora mall.

Here in Denver, the news and everyone else were speculating that this was at first a race/hate crime as Aurora houses the majority of our Latino and African American population.
Clearly not the case.

This is all just so random and strange to me. Nothing makes sense and of course, the witness statements have great discrepancies in them. Nothing adds up. At all. From the where and hows' this man got his weapons to how he pulled everything off to his arrest. His trial is going to be a joke.

And not to mention this guys eyes. What is with his eyes? He doesn't look... human. Like his spirit is gone. Why have we not seen his actual mug shot though?

For 15 years, Colorado has really been on the map. Natural disasters (The fires have been unbelievable and the news downplayed everything. 35,000 people evacuated from Colo Springs. Animals dying. Our shelters are overwhelmed. People trying to walk up from the Springs who have passed along the way. It has been horrific) Columbine, the New Life Shootings in 2007... all the conspiracies surrounding DIA... it's really interesting to live here. To say the least!
And each time something happens, it's almost as if many of the citizens have a PTSD reaction to it. Many of my friends lived through Columbine and have been having a very difficult time functioning through this. It has been very somber and people are on edge. We need positive thoughts and prayers.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Thanks for this man, interesting reading indeed...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
well written and thought out posting...and thanks for sharing your story with us here....It must be very disturbing to think how you have been saved by strange and unusual circumstances....I think in a similar fashion...things happen for a reason...like when you break down on the side of the road...you don't get upset...i think that i broke down here which has made me avoid a disaster up ahead.

Things are not as they are being made out to be on the news...yet again in the media things are getting blanked over and theya re not asking the right questions...I often wonder where these reporters learn their reporting skills now...i thought reporters were there to ask the questions that the regular joe does not know.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Thank you for your honest take on it. It is good to read from someone who lives there. Answers some question's like is there CCTv? What the security in that area is like.

I hope your town can recover from this.

My prayers are with everyone touched by this.

S&F

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

Do you think it's possible that they turned these alarms off for that night?

It is a big movie, they no doubt expected a very large crowd at the opening show. These doors are usually not triggered with alarms at the theater near me~ And not that it's the same area in the slightest, they are owned by the same company.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

That is GREAT information. The theatres here don't have alarms on the back doors, because the doors are used as exits when the movie is over. During big movies, they send an usher to check on the doors and make sure no one is sneaking in teh back doors.

The cameras are another point of great information. I was wondering about that. Surely there is video footage at least from the lobby and parking lot.

Thanks for your post!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Didn't Denver have a 'mock' disaster drill back in October last year? They didn't even tell the residents so everyone was scared and confused. I have the link somewhere and will post it when I find it.

Denver is very strange, indeed. I also hear rumors of the Queen of England snapping up land there and that it's the best place to be when disaster strikes due to its high elevation. Plus, you have Cheyenne Mountain, a military underground bunker.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
this thread raises even more questions.
nothing about this event seems right at all!!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

Yeah we did have a mock disaster drill here. It was insane. LINK

edit on 22-7-2012 by PassedKarma because: edit

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
Didn't Denver have a 'mock' disaster drill back in October last year? They didn't even tell the residents so everyone was scared and confused. I have the link somewhere and will post it when I find it.

Denver is very strange, indeed. I also hear rumors of the Queen of England snapping up land there and that it's the best place to be when disaster strikes due to its high elevation. Plus, you have Cheyenne Mountain, a military underground bunker.

Here's the link:

www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com...

I can't find the Denver Post article about how people were confused and weren't informed. This could be because it was online and not in the mainstream media.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PassedKarma
reply to post by texasgirl

Yeah we did have a mock disaster drill here. It was insane. LINK

edit on 22-7-2012 by PassedKarma because: edit

Oh, you beat me to it. Glad you found it. What the heck is going on there?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

This is what I like to see, first hand accounts of events from people who live in the area. It just gives more credence to the whole thing.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Why have we not seen his actual mug shot though?

I saw his mug shot on foxs news... Day one?? This is the third time Ive seen someone comment about the " mug shot" and " where is it"? But.... Im telling ya, fox showed his picture around noonish on the day of. I saw it. :-)

Just putting that out there.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Good post

This comment is a little chilling

Article Discussion: Emergency-responder drill in Denver test by adgarland on September 24th, 2011, 5:15 pm #2121835 "Does anyone know why they chose Denver for this particular exercise?" Because we're probably next.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PassedKarma
I almost went to the movie that night. At that theater. I had tickets and my plans changed at the last moment. Who knows if I would have been in that theater, but either way...
Around midnight, I got this overwhelming sense of panic while I was at home. I didn't have my kids (which is why I was going to go to the movie) and my son actually ended up calling me around 12:30 because he couldn't sleep. He's a very intuitive kid and it was odd to hear from him. I'm super anal about making sure my kids are asleep no later than 10. My mom got the same feeling right before 9/11 happened.
So, weirded out beyond belief, I turned the TV on and that's when I saw the horror. I live about 5 miles from the theater in Denver, but I border Aurora.

Intuition is an amazing thing. Perhaps in an alternate universe you DID go. It could be that intuition is connected to all possible universes and we feel not only things that happen here but in those other timelines as well. Perhaps the more similar another timeline is to ours, the more likely we feel something that happens there.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by spore
reply to post by plube

It's in quotes because that's what the OP said.

I laughed at it.[snip]
edit on 22-7-2012 by spore because: (no reason given)

Bless your poor little heart....tsk! tsk!
edit on 22/7/12 by masqua because: Personal attack removed from quote

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by circlemaker

I have been reading more and more into alternate universes.... And that would actually explain a LOT as to the events of my personal life in general right now. ANOTHER THREAD! lol
But I thought the exact same thing. I am a HUGE Batman fan. I've waited for this movie since I knew it was coming out. I have no desire to go see it now. I will surely rent it though.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join