As a Denver/Aurora resident, I have a LOT to say about the shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spore

I have no appoligising if you look at how it is stated it says lol you,re super anal...not lol @ super anal...so my sincerest of appologies ...I stand corrected....my mistake.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by PassedKarma

Why have we not seen his actual mug shot though?

I saw his mug shot on foxs news... Day one?? This is the third time Ive seen someone comment about the " mug shot" and " where is it"? But.... Im telling ya, fox showed his picture around noonish on the day of. I saw it. :-)

Just putting that out there.

Yeah, and they also mentioned that James Holmes said his place was booby-trapped but the ATF said there was nothing inside. Now I don't see that comment anywhere in the news or any articles. Why would the ATF say that? Nothing is making sense.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

Originally posted by PassedKarma
reply to post by texasgirl

Yeah we did have a mock disaster drill here. It was insane. LINK
edit on 22-7-2012 by PassedKarma because: edit

Oh, you beat me to it. Glad you found it. What the heck is going on there?

I have no idea! It's extremely un-nerving. I feel like we aren't done taking it so to speak. I have read numerous places that Denver would take over as the capital if something were to happen to Washington DC. But everything is so incredibly random. If they were "preparing" us for something, why would the events be so....different from eachother. What does mass shootings have to do with ANYTHING? And how does everything that has happened here all tie in? BLAH!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

reply to post by texasgirl

Yeah we did have a mock disaster drill here. It was insane. LINK
edit on 22-7-2012 by PassedKarma because: edit

Oh, you beat me to it. Glad you found it. What the heck is going on there?

I have no idea! It's extremely un-nerving. I feel like we aren't done taking it so to speak. I have read numerous places that Denver would take over as the capital if something were to happen to Washington DC. But everything is so incredibly random. If they were "preparing" us for something, why would the events be so....different from eachother. What does mass shootings have to do with ANYTHING? And how does everything that has happened here all tie in? BLAH!

Assuming, let me repeat that... Assuming our Capitol were threatened (or has been ala 911), Denver makes sense. As much as we distrust government, we will need someone in place in a secure spot to lead us in the event of most scenarios you can think of. I vote Denver as well, and no matter what conspiracy could be added to this, it still just makes sense these days. D.C can't handle the fire in a modern war scenario, and it's a little too close to the coast for other scenarios.

Maybe it's time to move the Capitol...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I believe something far more insidious is going on because James Holmes and Jared Loughner story has quite a few similarities due to their affliations. I have a fair idea of what might be going on but I don't think most people will believe it so I'll keep my thoughts to myself for now and see how this rides out in the coming weeks.

Could you tell us how long it took for Police and Emergency services to show up on the scene? From what I gather they took their time but that's unconfirmed.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

i'm not trying to say you're wrong but most movie theater exit doors don't have an alarm on them seeing as many people use them as a quick exit from the movie theater out to their car's...

it could be different where you are...but a movie theater of this size along with the fact that they have shows every night...it would seem like they would have to deal with these alarms A LOT (if they did exist)

and pertaining to the woman who freaked out at the movie theater you were at...is it hard to believe that she pulled the fire alarm which always happens to be placed at the exit doors of any establishment?
edit on 22-7-2012 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The mugshot has not been released.

The photo they show of him in an orange shirt is from his college ID.

The chief says he will not release his mugshot for "investigative purposes"
....seriously?! what does that even mean?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I also noticed that the day of the shooting, Buckley Air force Base was much busier than usual. A lot of jets at high altitude, not during their regular times. They usually fly at 11am and 2pm, very low to the ground. And only 3-4 jets at a time. There were probably 8-10 circling around the area. Buckley is 3 miles from the Aurora mall.

i live in the area too....

i have very close connections to Buckley and in fact lived on the base for a year....this past week was a base exercise.....that is why the jets were flying around like that....there was a recall done the morning of the shooting and some military members were missing - i gave this info HERE before the news reported that some military members were victims.....

there is absolutely nothing odd regarding the shooting and Buckley and the jets flying around.....no connection to the shooting other than the victims that happened to go see the movie....
edit on July 22nd 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 08051962

It could mean that the mugshot shows the guy is drugged up to his eyeballs. Could also show him smiling/leering and it would enrage the citizens. Who knows until we see it, if we see it. They may just take another one for PR.

P

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Might be dropping a few hints here.....

Numerous articles allege Holmes was Presbyterian and they made that quite clear.....

but alot is going on in regards to the Presbyterian Church and Israel since the start of July 2012:

www.boycottwatch.com...

mjayrosenberg.com...

nek minnit, Holmes allegely had worked at a Jewish summer camp; in all the Jewish summer camps I've been to I have never seen non-Jewish counsellors working in any of them - unless it's a faith based group camp:

www.jpost.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I see the glaze!He's got opiate eyes, trust me I know all to well.Combine it with other chemicals and it becomes an awful experience. Starts out great, euphoria is addicting, but you start going too far in your head and the mania increases to delusions of grandeur . I thought i had direct feed with all the answers of the universe. I ended up quitting cold turkey which is lots of fun, but well worth it.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

Originally posted by 08051962

It could mean that the mugshot shows the guy is drugged up to his eyeballs. Could also show him smiling/leering and it would enrage the citizens. Who knows until we see it, if we see it. They may just take another one for PR.

P

yeah...maybe for both reasons.

We may get a faked/photoshopped mug a la Loughner.

Question: aren't all mugshots available to the public? Like isn't there a website we can go to, for the jail? Can they really "hide" it from us??

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
What is odd is this brilliant guy arranges to get all this equipment sets up bombs in his place and he never figured out how to pull immediate action on his AR.He didn't know what he was doing.Anyone who shot at all would have done far worse damage,but usually they are sane.
This guy acted like he was going through the motions without the skills.
He tried to join a gun range but the proprietor got the creeps from his message and wouldn't let him join.
I'm with the conspiracy crowd on this one,with an election right around the corner I'm looking for more incidents as we get closer.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

This thing has to be an MK Ultra type of deal.... This will used by the pro gun lobbies and the NRA as a reason to get out and vote for any jerk that says that he or she will protect their rights to keep and bear arms.... I saw a poll yesterday that asked if you thought there should be stricter gun laws put into effect after this mass shooting... The poll showed a 5 no to 2 yes vote tally.... I feel that the laws now in effect would be adequate, but I don't understand why people have a desire to purchase and own assault type rifles... Even if they aren't full automatic there is only one reason for having weapons with such high ammunition capacities and the theater shooting in Aurora is a perfect example of that reason..... I voted no.....

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I'm not 100% sure how long it "officially" took for emergency responders to arrive. Some news sources said only 30 seconds (WHAT?!) and then others have said 3 minutes.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Op thank you for your post. I also live in Denver, and was raised in Colorado Springs. What I find interesting about your post is the sleeplessness and uncomfortable feelings you and your children felt during this time. I also felt very uneasy the night this happened. I spent Wednesday the 18th during the evening, reading the historycommons.org 9/11 timeline, which was very weird to me. I had just seen a show I was so excited to see, and was very tired. I saw Marina @ the Diamonds at The Summit in Denver, and I came home, and usually I peruse ATS and go to bed, but on that night I spent hours reading the 9/11 timeline on that website www.historycommons.org... I was up until 3 am, and didn't bother reading any other site or checking my blogroll which contained a few breaking news websites. I was captivated by going back to 9/11 and really reading official stories and how they differed, when I fell asleep I was very upset and angry, as it's been a few months since I addressed that issue. I also had no reason to go back to that, but for some reason I did. When I awoke I saw the reports of what happened with the shooter, I was in shock like anyone else for a brief moment, but I was more taken back by the fact I had spent the evening going over a false flag event that I had touched base on many times before since 2001, and why on earth would something so horrible happen locally the morning after I spent hours upon hours reading at least 500 articles on this 9/11 website. I felt uneasy all day on Thursday, it felt wrong. I recall hearing of the shooter having roommates, then seeing the first press conference... then the second. That's where my eyes opened and when they implied he lived alone I was very confused, as I remember reading reports of two other roommates in the morning on Thursday. Anyways. I'm glad another local has posted, and those are my thoughts on what I experienced living here in Colorado. As I said... since then I've been shocked at my Face Book and the reaction, trying to remind people so many have died in Syria the last few days, and to put this event in perspective because some people live daily worrying about bombs and shooters. Nobody I know understands, they think I'm crazy.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Wow, an astounishing story you got there, OP. 50 million dollar for the small town PD? Its like some random curious town, in a mystery movie!! I think I'm going to study Aurora and Colorado further

This is a very nice thread, asuming the OP is telling the truth (and I believe so). Another thread on ATS also mentioned that the gunman has had an acompliance. In the thread was said, that the guy was inside the theatre, watching the movie. And suddenly he got a phone call, walked to the emergency exit door, and opened it. Talked a litle more to the phone, gave a hand sign to someone outside to come in.

They even got a youtube footage about it. But since my flashplayer had a bug, I couldnt watch it. Wait, I will link up the thread, if I can find it.
edit on 23-7-2012 by coyote66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

Under the denver airport they have plenty of room...but idk if its so safe

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile

i'm not trying to say you're wrong but most movie theater exit doors don't have an alarm on them seeing as many people use them as a quick exit from the movie theater out to their car's...

it could be different where you are...but a movie theater of this size along with the fact that they have shows every night...it would seem like they would have to deal with these alarms A LOT (if they did exist)

and pertaining to the woman who freaked out at the movie theater you were at...is it hard to believe that she pulled the fire alarm which always happens to be placed at the exit doors of any establishment?
edit on 22-7-2012 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

Just a little input about emergency doors in common.
I cannot speak for american cinemas or the exit door regulation there.
But when I was younger, I worked on many public installations such as hospitals, schools, retirement homes and even one cinema as an technician for the electric and I wired many of such doors in Germany.

Most (if not all) of them have a panic lock, so that they open after you pushed the handly down twice. Its because emergency exit doors have to be open all the time in case for an emergency. Most of them also have the alarm setup to the fire detection system. There should be a protocol in the system when this door went off if its wired to the FDS.

If they are not wired to the FDS, they mostly have a device under the handle with an loudspeaker that you have to push away and will go off with an alarm. Those are the ones you normally use for schools, because you do not set off the whole fire alarm if one prankster decides to push the device away. You have to use a key to lock it back to the position.
Example:

Then (I think it was in another thread) someone said that some emergency doors he saw were behind a curtain. I don´t want to call this a lie but I know the regulations are saying that nothing flammable is allowed hide those doors.
I don´t know if smoking in this cinema is allowed but ceiling fire detectors, or even the smoke detector build into the emergency door would have set off from the gunfire.

I hope I could give some views on the topic, even if its from german regulations.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
I'm with the conspiracy crowd on this one,with an election right around the corner I'm looking for more incidents as we get closer.

I honestly hope you are wrong about that. Mostly because you have connected it to the election. I do understand your point though.

Has politics truly taken us to this level of sickness?

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join