It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Light Matter - What just happned?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I was just outside sitting on the porch. There was a parked car about 15 feet away. The sunlight was beaming on the windshield so intensely that I could see the colors of the spectrum flowing out from the center of yellow light.

Just for kicks I attempted to Will the colors to reverse direction and flow INTO the yellow light.

And it happened! I did this several times.

I couldn't find a pic, so I made one up.

So, what was it? Optical illusion? Observer influence? The cones in my eyes doing it? I have no idea.
edit on 7/22/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Im not seeing the difference in the two pics.. I know they are examples, but are you saying the flow completely changed? was it like heat lines shifting in the distance off a hot floor? cause that might have something to do with it.

My guess would be subtle changes in your eyes focus from concentrating.
edit on 22-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
You should test it with another person.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Im not seeing the difference in the two pics.. I know they are examples, but are you saying the flow completely changed? was it like heat lines shifting in the distance off a hot floor? cause that might have something to do with it.

My guess would be subtle changes in your eyes focus from concentrating.

See the arrows I made? They represent how I could see the light moving to and away from the center yellow light.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I under stand that, but I am asking is it like heat waves?

you know like the ones you see coming off concrete on a hot day?

that could be messing with the reflected light is what I am getting at, the perceived change could be from your own eyes focusing on that.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think it's safe to say that, assuming you are actually seeing a difference, it is an optical illusion rather than you have super powers to bend light to your will

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth
I think it's safe to say that, assuming you are actually seeing a difference, it is an optical illusion rather than you have super powers to bend light to your will

LOLOLOL I'm not claiming super powers.You do know of the theory of observer effect on light particles, right?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by jiggerj

I under stand that, but I am asking is it like heat waves?

you know like the ones you see coming off concrete on a hot day?

that could be messing with the reflected light is what I am getting at, the perceived change could be from your own eyes focusing on that.

Oh, I see. No, it's not like waves, but like billions of tiny particles shooting off. I went outside again and the effect was a little bit different. In the first instant that I looked at the light, all of these particles were shooting outward, but a millionth of a second later the particles started shooting in all different directions. Some shot straight out, some straight in, and some formed what looked like the pattern we get from placing iron filings near a magnet.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Sure, but I don't see how the observer effect is relevant to the scenario you describe.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Optical illusion going on. It's like when you focus on some of the pics they have and they appear to be moving but they're not. Happens a lot with light. It's the basis behind the mirages out in the desert. Also affected by any slight movements you make with your eyes or head as you're looking at it.

Pretty cool though huh?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
What do you think just happened? Don't you think its time to push your awareness and consciousness and really seek hard for answers, in meditation, under the stars, in the shower, doing dishes and ask your Soul some hardhitting questions before bed?

What is the universe, matter? OR a school and waves?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
What do you think just happened? Don't you think its time to push your awareness and consciousness and really seek hard for answers, in meditation, under the stars, in the shower, doing dishes and ask your Soul some hardhitting questions before bed?

What is the universe, matter? OR a school and waves?

Ummm, all this over the sun reflecting off a windshield? I'm gonna say no.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

UM, did you just play a game in your head and switch the colors? So you asked and receieved, or experimented in consciousness, but thats not going to get you to seek further? We all make choices.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Yes at he quantum level that was the Observer influence.

What you did is the slit experiment, when you payed attention to it, it did what you thought it should do.

When you let the thought go of what it should do it went back to what it normally does.

So yes what you observed can change things at the quantum level, you just showed your self that.

Now try it on other things.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
JiggerJ has quickly become my favorite ATS poster. He knows when to admit he just doesn't know. But he is smart enough to call BS on an answer that is, well, BS.

I would suspect that you are seeing a result of a problem in the sensor. The eyes are a poor sensory organ, prone to all manner of malfunctions.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I would suspect that you are seeing a result of a problem in the sensor. The eyes are a poor sensory organ, prone to all manner of malfunctions.

This. I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say that the motion you saw was ambiguous, i.e. it had no distinct up or down motion, but when you focused on it going up, your brain interpreted the motion as up and visa versa. Kinda like this.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by jiggerj

UM, did you just play a game in your head and switch the colors? So you asked and receieved, or experimented in consciousness, but thats not going to get you to seek further? We all make choices.

That's just it, Unity. I don't KNOW what happened. I wear glasses, and after the age of forty the cones in the eyes start going. I had hoped to find replies that claim how this experience has happened to others. Haven't found one yet.

As for seeking further, I do this all the time with greater questions than light reflecting off a windshield.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
if i sit here and look at my light bulb on my lamp, i can make a similar thing happen But what it happening is that at first, the colors move due to my pupil adjusting. afterwards, i "synthesize" the effect by changing how my eyes squint.

Not sure if that is the same thing. But it is an effect that approximates the OP's observations.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsettica
Yes at he quantum level that was the Observer influence.

What you did is the slit experiment, when you payed attention to it, it did what you thought it should do.

When you let the thought go of what it should do it went back to what it normally does.

So yes what you observed can change things at the quantum level, you just showed your self that.

Now try it on other things.

I have commented in several threads on the double-slit experiment that I'm not all that convinced that observer effect is the cause of photons acting weird. Be it religion or science, if something isn't logical, then I'm not going to claim it as truth just because people smarter than myself claim it to be true.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The light is moving both directions. First onto the windshield and then reflecting back. It makes perfect sense that you can make it out going both directions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join