It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News Exclusive: First Video of Colorado Shooting Suspect James Holmes Emerges

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

ABC News Exclusive: First Video of Colorado Shooting Suspect James Holmes Emerges

abcnews.go.com

Federal authorities and local police today are scouring James Holmes' apartment for evidence as a newly released video gives some insight into the man who allegedly killed 12 people and injured 58 people at a packed screening of the latest Batman movie, "The Dark Knight Rises."

Overnight, ABC News obtained exclusive video and photos of Holmes. The video was recorded six years ago when Holmes was 18.

In the video, he is standing among his peers at a science camp held at Miramar College in San Diego talking about "temporal illusions."

"Over the course of the summer I've been w
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I don't really think this will give us any insight into why he carried out these shootings (allegedly). But I thought I would put it up so maybe some of you on here could pick it apart and see if you could find anything that was showing up six years ago when he was 18. I'm sure there will be many more videos that will be brought to our attention from the MSM.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Really how does this do anything for the situation.

Victims family's get to see the man who attacked their family members immortalized.

All while they are still grieving.

Lets pull out his baby pictures as well...

Not directed at you OP, just the media in general.
edit on 22-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
He was talking about "temporary illusions" and "He also studies subjective experience which is what takes places inside the mind as opposed to the external world".

In other words, he will be declared mentally insane, unable to discern reality/fantasy..on the other hand, he might actually be.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Hes discussing time, time itself can be considered a Subjective experience and an Illusion.

As the perception of time changes from person to person.

So basically be afraid of every Theoretical physicist, Philosopher, Scientist, whose ever questioned the nature of our reality...

its it anti-intellectual the angle the medias going for?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
double
edit on 22-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I can't help but say it. This whole thing stinks of a psyops. A brilliant kid like that
would be a huge asset to any alphabet agency. And see how immediately
the media is trying to paint him as mentally disturbed? There are a million
other reasons as well. Too many to list here but many people already have
and good articles are popping up all over the net as well as here on ATS.

I hope I am wrong. We shall see how this story continues to unfold and
and with some of the great minds here on ATS perhaps we can get to
the truth.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
"Simple Steps for turning a Detestable Criminal into something else."

That should be the name of the book for the media to follow...it's the end result they achieve anyway. A man I'd just as soon have seen shot once in the head, right in the parking lot...will become a name my Children's children known by hearing it.

There ought to be a mutual understanding. Give these animals a nickname because someone ALWAYS gives them a name. There is no avoiding that....but use only that name and erase their real name from reports as if the thing never existed. I have NO doubt some of these people do it, in part, for the immrtality this literally bestows now, thanks to the media and a public who can't get enough.

It's a sad statement on us all...but we can start by simply dropping that name fro common use and reference. He wants the joker? works for me....That name will come and go and take on other meanings in time. Let his real name be lost to history over that same time.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Temporal illusions.....

More going into the direction that this may have been MKULTRA (mind control psy ops)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
(double post)
edit on 22-7-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I know theres something about this post on a web site that just stands out to me.
The Neuroscience of Regret
www.neuroscienceforum.com...

Last post made by a James.06-02-2012 03:34 PM Who ever this James is he never really says anything personal only post links to videos and so on. This last post even though it is a copy past of several books seems to paint a emotional picture of his mind set and then it ends his posting.
edit on 22-7-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
what this guy did was despicable.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Anyone that is capable of doing what that sick SOB did is insane. Does he deserve a break and "treatment"? NO! take the piece of defective crap out back and put it down just like you would a dog that bites. I care less, how he was raised or what his malfunction is. Simply save me some tax money and shoot him.

Rabid humans caught red handed biting people should be immediately put down. Why the system is committed to spending millions of dollars with trials and prison/treatment is beyond me. Oh wait, prison and courts are an industry. One that is doing quite well I might add.

If I were King I would kill ALL scumbags that do violence to strangers. The caveat is that they would clearly have to be caught in the act or confessed to the crime. A polite society can't go killing people on circumstantial evidence.

edit on 22-7-2012 by Mamatus because: Ranting with proper grammer is hard.

edit on 22-7-2012 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

You could be right but if you don't know anything about him you will never fix the cause of the next one to take his place doing the same thing. Learn the warning signs or cause and that way you can try and prevent it from happening again. Take the plague. If you just bury or burn the body you don't know how or why it happens. You could bury and burn the population of the world before you know it. And the rats and fleas who cause it take over the world.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This is another thing that I just thought of, and it probably has already been discussed in the other threads, but I am not going to go back through them.

What if James E Holmes didn't act alone, and his accomplice(s) are just waiting to attack the vigil(s) that are going to be held for the victims. Surely there will be a big police presence but I don't think they can prepare for everything that might happen.

I know I am posing a lot of what ifs, but it seems to me that there is much more to this guy than just giving up that easily. He seems to be too smart for his own good, and may have a few more tricks up his sleeve.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
He was talking about "temporary illusions" and "He also studies subjective experience which is what takes places inside the mind as opposed to the external world".

In other words, he will be declared mentally insane, unable to discern reality/fantasy..on the other hand, he might actually be.

The "temporal illusions" thing really caught my eye, this is just weird, makes me wonder what kind of experiments were going on.

Seems significant and I would like to learn more about this.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Temporal illusions.....

More going into the direction that this may have been MKULTRA (mind control psy ops)

You know I don't usually go there but I don't know how this can be ignored.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It was the bath salts had to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one has ever gone crazy be it high amounts of chronic stress and/or thinking way too much. Maybe viewing the rest of the world as sheeple instead of people made him feel they were less than him in some way and that the masses needed to be woken up and start using their brains. Maybe he just really thought these people didnt need to see batman and that offing them was the humane thing to do rather than letting them sit through that crap.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Temporal Illusions are not so strange. The "Temporal" part is obvious, time and the "Illusion" is perception. A Temporal Illusion effects the perception of time. In fact, you have experienced it, all of us have experienced it. Let me state something I dare say we have all heard, "Time flies when you're having fun." That is a Temporal Illusion at it's most basic. The more advanced theories of Temporal Illusion argue that our lives are constantly lived in the past, everything we experience, hear, touch, taste, see is something that happened in the past given that the signals that reach the brain concerning those experiences take time to get there. There is a theory in Neuroscience that on very odd occasions the signals are further delayed, perhaps by milliseconds but in extreme cases by minutes even hours. To put this in context imagine you were walking down the street and someone yelled, "Look out!" For some reason (not well understood) your brain decided to delay this information. Now you're sitting in your apartment a few minutes later and you hear, "Look out!" You have just experienced a very rare Temporal Illusion.

en.wikipedia.org...

develintel.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

Very interesting, I haven't looked into it yet, thanks

But I do understand the time flying during pleasant moments and dragging when experiencing the opposite, well I don't understand it, but I have experienced it, always thought that was odd.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join