It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Joe's Civil Trial Begins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
As hard as the Sheriff tried to keep attention away from his upcoming trials he should have known better than to think that his news conference, earlier this week concerning the Presidents birth certificate, would be good enough to deflect attention away from what is the real issue with this man.

The press conference earlier this week was a sorry excuse for a joke. He will be in a tough battle for re-election this November so the man is grasping for straws, or should we say---bottom fishing, trying his best to appeal to the fringe and the bottom of his base which he will need in full force if he has any hopes on getting re-elected.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is being forced to respond to his critics this week as a civil trial is underway in federal court accusing the lawman of discriminatory behavior and civil rights violations. Arpaio, who has publicly denied promoting any wrongdoing as a public official, is the target of a class action lawsuit, in which plaintiffs will present a bevy of evidence that the Sheriff used his official position to systematically target Latinos for unnecessary questioning and detention.

As the trial began on Thursday, lawyers for the plaintiffs began their case by presenting as evidence a series of racially charged letters received by the Maricopa County Sheriff’s office, where various members of the public complained about places where they observed Spanish speakers in the community or individuals with “the look of Mexican illegals.”

www.examiner.com...

The " look of Mexican illegals"???? How do the looks of Mexicans who are here legally differ from those who are here illegally? Who knows but I am sure crazy Joe could write a book on it. He probably has it all down to a science.

Hopefully the citizens will receive justice and this power hungry Sheriff will be held accountable for his actions. Since he has been sheriff the list of his abuses have been many and far reaching ranging from the totalitarian abuse of constitutional rights of newspaper readers to wiretapping his political opponents.

This man is a disgrace to any freedom minded person and those that believe in a limited government.

Good try crazy man. Your news conference earlier this week on the Obama BC was a big FAIL! It is now time for the roosters to come home and roost.

This trial will be the beginning of the end for this tyrant. He will not win his re-election bid, no matter how much hot air he spews about Obama's BC. This should be real interesting to watch.

edit on 7/22/2012 by Classified Info because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/7/12 by masqua because: Edited all caps in title

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
He should be removed for exceeding his jurisdiction with his retarded Obama investigation.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Classified Info

This is just a cheap attempt to "shoot the messenger" and divert attentiion from his latest findings in his investigation about Obama, no doubt this is manipulated by the Obama administration to the highest degree.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
double post

edit on 22-7-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

This is just a cheap attempt to "shoot the messenger" and divert attentiion from his latest findings in his investigation about Obama, no doubt this is manipulated by the Obama administration to the highest degree.

As Sheriff of Maricopa County what is his primary responsibility as Sheriff?

You have got it backwards. His investigation in to the Presidents Hawaiian BC is a cheap attempt to divert attention away from his abuses of power while sheriff of Maricopa County.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

The feds have been looking at this guy long before he started his Obama research, look into the mans history as a sheriff and maybe you would think this civil trial is completely deserved.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Critics to this man need to go live on the border and have there homes over ridden with illegals. Its worse than cockroaches.

People we have problems in this country and no one can be right everywhere. You may be right in your way of thinking where you live but it wouldn't work where they do. So here is the thing, they live next to the border the government wont stop the flow of illegals.. THEN HELL YEAH ASK FOR PAPERS AND DOCUMENTS AND DO YOU SPEAKA DA ENGLISH..... If you are a legal mexican you would understand and not have issues. Or how about this move to Washington D.C. where you can hang out with all your countrymen at 7-11.

I'm not insensitive... I just don't care about this anymore, my neighborhood is full of illegals and you can't leave anything outside that isn't tied down. We have fights and car accidents, police and firetrucks out weekly because of it. It turned the nice little neighborhood I grew up in into a ghetto.

If you want to be legal get legal.... for the rest of them capture them can them up like tuna and ship them home... its not like we are cruel and cut off limbs... however that would be a better deterent.

1 finger for every trip south over the border.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
Critics to this man need to go live on the border and have there homes over ridden with illegals.

So you are just fine with this then?

Maricopa County law enforcement violated the constitutional rights of this newspapers readers in October. Using secret grand jury subpoenas, County Attorney Andrew Thomas sought records that would reveal the identity of anyone who looked at New Times online in the past four years. When the papers leaders revealed the grand jury probe in a cover story, sheriffs deputies arrested them.

www.phoenixnewtimes.com...

Looks like the self proclaimed "toughest sheriff in America"
top lawyer has been disbarred and is facing criminal charges.
The sleaze that oozes from this man just gets deeper and deeper.

www.rawstory.com...

edit on 7/22/2012 by Classified Info because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You should know that the majority of people on this site support the sheriff and don't care what laws he breaks as long as he gets Obama. According to them, the ends justify the means, and the end result is to get obama, so violating the Constitution and other laws will not mean a damned thing to them at all. They don't care about honor and dignity, they don't care about the laws and rights of people. Getting obama is the most important thing to them, and since the Sheriff went after obama, he will enjoy their blind faith and undying support.

I however, am not one of them. I want to see him get the smackdown he's owed.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I personally feel that if you don't live in Arizona, or know someone who does who can re-count first hand what's going on, you shouldn't be entitled to voice your opinion about Joe Arpaio because you simply don't know what you're talking about.

Reading about what's going on in Arizona and living with it are two different animals.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Well, I guess it is a good thing that you do not make the rules for this site. I do not need to live in Arizona do come to a conclusion on what kind of a man he is and his abuse of power.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

I personally feel that if you don't live in Arizona, or know someone who does who can re-count first hand what's going on, you shouldn't be entitled to voice your opinion about Joe Arpaio because you simply don't know what you're talking about.

Reading about what's going on in Arizona and living with it are two different animals.

Do you live in AZ or CO?
You are going to have to stop opining on either this topic or the shooting apparently.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I hope he gets sent to his own jails. He steals taxpayer money, doesn't investigate child rape charges in minority communities, and runs dangerous unconstitutional jail conditions.

I have a feeling this thread won't get much attention, but I may be wrong.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Uh he's been ruled against by courts multiple times for running unconstitutional dangerous jail conditions.

Federal Judge Neil V. Wake ruled in 2008, and again in 2010, that the Maricopa County jails violated the constitutional rights of inmates in medical and other care related issues.[25][26] This ruling was a result of a lawsuit brought by the ACLU, which alleged that "Arpaio routinely abused pre-trial detainees at Maricopa County Jail by feeding them moldy bread, rotten fruit and other contaminated food, housing them in cells so hot as to endanger their health, denying them care for serious medical and mental health needs and keeping them packed as tightly as sardines in holding cells for days at a time during intake."[48]

www.azcentral.com...

And he was audited and proved that he was stealing tax payer money to buy luxury items

An analysis by the Maricopa County Office of Management and Budget, completed in April 2011, found Arpaio had misspent almost $100 million over the previous 5 years.[85][86][87]

The analysis showed that money from a restricted detention fund which could only legally be used to pay for jail items, such as food, detention officers' salaries and equipment, was used to pay employees to patrol Maricopa County.[85] The analysis also showed that many Sheriff's Office employees, whose salaries were paid from the restricted detention fund, were working job assignments different from those recorded in their personnel records. Arpaio's office kept a separate set of personnel books detailing actual work assignments, different from information kept on the county's official human-resources records.[86]

The analysis also showed a number of inappropriate spending items, including a trip to Alaska where deputies stayed at a fishing resort, and trips to Disneyland.[86][88]

The Republic also found that a restricted jail enhancement fund was improperly used to pay for out-of-state training, a staff party at a local amusement park, and a $456,000 bus, which was purchased by Arpaio in violation of county procurement rules.[85][90]

en.wikipedia.org...

What does that have to do with living in Arizona? A criminal is a criminal.
edit on 22-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join