It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Developing Story: Planet-sized object coming near Earth Aug 17th (Unverified...)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Its possible, especially when we consider the schwarzschild radius.

We know for example that a planets or dark star doesnt have to be visible to the eye to be massive. Neutron stars for example are suggested to be 500,000 times the "mass" of earth and are smaller in size than a city.

A size of a grain of sand of neutron star will weigh many hundreds if not thousands of tonnes.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
what's in a name ?
project camelot - thats a psy-op/conspiracy generator name that people have heard before
unless its to teach another wave of worriers how and when to know when to actually worry
or start scrapping like rabbits etc, or NOT .
the more watchers on this , the better for govt.continuity with the help of the nasa family

anyone got something about crossing the galaxy's ecliptic plane this year -
? djw or chadwickus here?
had an unusual view of it overhead last night , and all sorts seems to be happening in our galaxy when you take a minute or 2 to keep watching
Salutations to The Galaxy , with love from Earth
edit on 22-7-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

omg human alien what is your problem

you were 1000% positive that elenin was nibiru

you made countless threads on it lmao

and now were suppose to take anything you say seriously
edit on 22-7-2012 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

The only reason Planet X is associated with Nibiru is because of nutjob extraordinaire Nancy Lieder. Also, Harrington was not murdered. He died from esophageal cancer. Only 15% of all people diagnosed with esophageal cancer will survive past five years. Of those that die most die within a year of diagnosis.

Yeah, I don't know for sure he was murdered so I leave that door ajar.

Stitchen is behind Nibiru (Planet X) and Annunaki from the Sumerian tablets.. Nancy Leider just promoted it in 2003 while she told us to kill our pets because they wouldn't survive starvation

Don't think I don't think Leider wasn't a plant to make this whole 'Nibiru' rumor look bad. After all, mockery is one of the best forms of damage control!!

Nancy Leider isn't a goverment plant to throw people off Nibiru, if the goverment is going to send someone in to derail a topic then they are going to send someone in with some sort of credibility not someone who realized she was communicating with aliens because a starburst candy was unwrapped. Zecharia Sitchin has also been debunked many times and proven wrong.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Here's a tip. All that you learned in school? Try to forget it. All that's being told in the media? Try to ignore it. Throw out your televisions and don't buy a single newspaper again. That should help open up your mind if not some of your chakras. It's a start anyway.

Why?....seriously, why should anyone do that?
What I learnt in school, what I read in the media and what I see on TV is all a hell of a lot more reliable than most of the "ooh! think outside of the box" craziness I read here every day.

I've been here on ATS a long time now, and I've seen virtually every prediction you can think of come and go, and guess what?.....not one single one of them has come to fruition!.....not one!.....no disclosure, no incoming planets/asteroids reeking devastation upon us, no alien mother ships appearing in the skies, no horrific terrorist atrocity at any of the global sporting events that have happened over the last several years....all of these things have been predicted here on ATS, a lot of them by the same people!.....and none of them have happened, not a single one!

So thanks for the advice H_A, but I'll take my chances with what I learnt at school, with what I read in the media, hell even what NASA tell us!.....these outlets might not be perfect by any means, but they have a hell of a better strike rate than the prophets here on ATS!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Everytime I hear "I have a source who's in the know" it never comes true. Also this Mike Harris first talks up his source and then backtracks and acts like he's not very reliable strange to say the least, I also find it stange this director of intelligence agency has no idea whats going to pass us a director would be in the know. Also later on the caller and Mike Harris are talking about only a 2 week window before Nibiru arrives now correct me if i'm wrong but that doesn't make much sense inless it's some crazy planet that defies all astronomy and physics or it's just that darn invisible cloak Nibiru seems to have on haha.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by eNaR

Remember a couple weeks ago when they discovered a fly by coming only 3 days before...how come no one spotted it before that? And it was and NEO.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Because it's ERIS! It's not a secret. It is the largest transneptunian body and was considered for a period the tenth planet (before pluto was downgraded). It orbits the sun at a distance of about 3 times that of pluto. So no I don't think there is any chance that this dwarf planet is the fabled nibiru.

Why do theorists desire to see something unusual make them insist on the wrong answer? I know you want to see something but use common sense and you will do better. You can believe in the ominious nibiru, just don't drag non sense into it.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Are you seriously trying to compare an object a couple hundred meters in diameter to an object that believers claim is four times the size of Jupiter? If there were anything that size less than a month away from close approach it would be identified by every amateur astronomer on the planet. As I mentioned earlier in this thread it was an amateur that discovered Elenin. This is an object that is only 3-4 km in diameter. When it was discovered it was more than half a year away from close approach out beyond Saturn and it hadn't begun outgassing. If amateurs can spot objects like this how can they not spot an object thousands of times larger and much closer?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by eNaR

Remember a couple weeks ago when they discovered a fly by coming only 3 days before...how come no one spotted it before that? And it was and NEO.

Are you talking about the asteroid that passed by a few weeks ago?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Labrynth2012

For many years all astronomers used starmaps (or catalogues) from Epoch 1950.0, from before NASA existed. Because stars move, and the earth's orbit also changes (both effects very small), you had to do a lot of maths from the stellar coordinates from 1950 to find the actual star in a telescope. Nowadays, we use epoch 2000.0 for star coordinates, but guess what, if I put the star coordinates from 1950 into my calculator, or computer, and calculate exactly where I should point my telescopes, using software I wrote myself in the early 1980's, the stars are still exactly where they are supposed to be (well, good enough for my telescopes), moreover, it corresponds to the coordinates that my computerised telescope gives me. Sorry, no NASA involvement in the coordinates of stars.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
I'm going to just add this video to this thread because it's basically the same subject. But this guy T-Bar is supposedly seeing something on Microsoft World Wide Telescope.

This is just too much out of my comfort zone to challenge.

Why challenge it? Watch it, learn from it. This is likely the best thing you've ever posted. You would benefit from repeated exposure to TBar.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

All I am trying to say is that in the vastness of space there are not enough telescopes on Earth to be pointed in every direction at every moment to see everything out there coming at us from every angle...it's just not possible...it's very egotistical to think we humans on this tiny blue marble are capable of that.

It's like saying in a an infinite universe this is the only planet with life on it and that planets that may be billions of years older that us wouldn't have intelligent life on it....not possible.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

t

Point taken, but there is more than just visual observations. A massive planet moving towards the sun's gravity would distort planetary orbits, and thousands of amateur astronomers look at the planets every night, and they are exactly where they are supposed to be. In another thread here on ATS (one of the Elenin threads I think), I posted exactly what would happen if a planet moves into our solar system. So, we don't even have to see a large object to know it is there.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

I am sorry...bouncing between threads.....I wasn't implying a planet size object...I mean more the comet/asteroid type, fast moving, capable of causing damage...sneaking up on us.

My fear with a planet size would be more towards the dimensional realm...we just don't know enough to know anything really, we are like infants in this universe.

From what little I know about the Native Americans and their knowledge of the Kachinas, I think they meant dimensional also? Or Portal/worm hole?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

They didn't spot it earlier because.......

1. It was TINY.
2. The relevant telescopes were not pointed in the right direction.

There is a MASSIVE difference between a small boulder a few tens of metres across, and a brown dwarf with 15 Jupiter masses orbiting somewhere near the Kuiper Belt. If the latter were true, then it would be causing gravitational havoc with the icy members of that belt, and perturbing the orbits of the planets and the position of the Sun. The fact that no such disturbances have been detected is all the evidence you need to know that there is no massive brown dwarf/neutron star/black hole/other mythical object anywhere near the planetary region of the Solar System

edit on 23-7-2012 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join