It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one who isn't interested in the shooting?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
At the moment I'm dreaming about things I'd like and Tea&Cake. I'd enjoy something fancy like so.

I'd eat here everyday without the creepy painting guy.

My maids and chef would serve me this every last day of the month

Off to bed they'll send me.dreaming of how rich and glorious I am.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Lulz, you must be a Brit.

I hope you don't actually frequent that home, or else youi have no business being here! Lol

Ill second your title.

Not that I'm not interested, but I absorb the facts, gather the main points and file it away,

It does become tiresome when there's a "new* ATS obsession.

Mods make me laugh when they delete some threads because "they've been posted before"

Yet they happily allow several threads daily on the same "Hype Hype"

Sighhhh.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Honestly, this thread is quite insulting to the victims. Instead of being concerned for them you are day dreaming about muffins and glorious riches.

I don't have a problem with the fact you don't care, but you don't have to be a smart arse about it and post something inconsiderate like this.

In fact I don't usually care about stories like this. I avoided the Zimmerman thing like the plague, and I tend to avoid other ATS trends too.

Actually I have been avoiding this shooting incident until today, but I finally decided to read a bit about it, and I found that there were many suspicious aspects to the story.

This is something that actually deserves attention because the pieces of the puzzle simple aren't slotting together in a natural way, there is something we aren't being told.

So if you don't want to look into it, that's fine. But there's no need to start acting like a spoilt inconsiderate moron who is above the rest of us...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It's a distraction tool, keep us scattered, while they try to take our guns, ha that would be the day.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Alyssa

Honestly, this thread is quite insulting to the victims. Instead of being concerned for them you are day dreaming about muffins and glorious riches.

He isn't insulting them by not caring, he just doesn't want to read about it every five minutes. This thread was something to take your mind off the shooting for a minute, but good thing there are people like you on ATS that can turn a topic into something else by acting like what the OP wrote was a personal insult to them. So if you want to act like you tried to avoid the shooting but you were forced into commenting, that's fine. But there's no need to start acting like a judgmental asshat who is above the rest of us......that still don't care.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Why waste time and energy being concerned about someone I dont even know?
Yes its a terrible tragedy but to try and make someone feel guilty for thinking of something like this, instead
of moaning and groaning, is bs.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well, congratulations. You just made another thread about "the shooting". Even if you didn't mean to, still, the only reason you made this thread is because of the shooting. If the shooting hadn't happened, then this thread would not have been made. And you could've accomplished your apparent goal without mentioning "the shooting" in your thread title. And I agree with the above poster, its rather insulting...

"how dare you people let your death interrupt my dreams of cake and tea! Go die somewhere else next time, in a way that attracts less attention! Just go in a corner somewhere and die quietly while I admire the things only rich people have, and dream of emulating their lifestyle because theyre so cool, no matter how many people had to suffer in order for them to love that way. The servants are lucky to have a job, so screw the idea of true equality in this world! Yes, sure, people around the world are starving. And there's no way we could finish all this food so a lot will get thrown away, but that's no reason to stop for a second here and actually give a damn!!!!"

I think it would be totally weird and funny if everyone who enters this thread just... Talked about the shooting as if it were another regular shooting thread. As It pretty much already is as it was mentioned in the thread title. Post pictures, links, etc... If it gets closed I'll just be heartbroken...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I bloody hate this form of argument.

I'm sure the victims *wont* be reading this...... That's a bit naughty ent it?

Nor their family or friends. And even if they did, its probley a bit of relief to change the darn subject, when my dad died, I completely dissociated, I was fine living in my bubble where I just acted as though it *didnt* happen.

I'd rather discuss tea and cakes.

So when does the tabboo wear off? 2 weeks? 6 months?? 10 years? When okay to talk about dead people? Or to joke about them? Or distract from them?

There is no answer, each to their own aye?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Ah, and here we have the makings of a true sociopath... Good job. You should go into politics, you would fit in quite well, imho...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoClue206
He isn't insulting them by not caring, he just doesn't want to read about it every five minutes.

Originally posted by Juggernog

It seems neither of you actually read what I was saying. I CLEARLY stated it doesn't matter if the OP doesn't care, but to make an insensitive thread like this is not needed. If the OP wants to avoid this topic then FINE, I also clearly stated how often I do the same thing. But the OP is not avoiding the topic, the OP is making grossly inappropriate threads concerning the fact of how much he/she doesn't care, and how much he/she would rather be eating muffins. Well then go eat some muffins fool!!!! Don't make stupid inappropriate threads that actually make you pay attention to a topic you claim to be avoiding.
edit on 21/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

You should go into politics, you would fit in quite well, imho...

How do you know im not?

Don't make stupid inappropriate threads that actually make you pay attention to a topic you claim to be avoiding.

Ah, yea I see your point now.. carry on

edit on 21-7-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Haha, don't think about dead people, concern yourself with more pressing issues...

And yet that makes you a sociopath!! LOL

Its true what he said, being concerned for the dead people is pointless! Think logically!
What you gunna do? Go back and change the past? Thought not.

Our thoughts at the moment should be on the consquences, of the present and future.

Apply your self practically!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

So when does the tabboo wear off? 2 weeks? 6 months?? 10 years? When okay to talk about dead people? Or to joke about them? Or distract from them?

There is no answer, each to their own aye?

Fine... continue on joking about it all you want. Lets all laugh at the funny dead people while we eat muffins!!! HA AHA HA. And look at those stupid people being killed in Syria and other places!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How funny is that? Our Governments are so hilarious...

No wonder this # goes on unimpeded, you people are so heartless...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Don't make stupid inappropriate threads that actually make you pay attention to a topic you claim to be avoiding.

.......You said your self you were trying to avoid it, but yet you still HAD to comment didn't you?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

said so well

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

The point is, you can discuss tea and cake without adding that "i don't care about the shooting"... And its pretty obvious that a lot of people here do care about it, so how much more obvious of an insult is that? And yes, the victims family and friends ARE in here. Everyone on this planet is related. So that was my family that got killed, by another member of my family. We all need to start thinking like that if we are gonna get anywhere. No disrespect intended here, but I just think you are wrong here. And I think you know it... I once wrote you a pm about a thread you made about another type of victim. We didn't know those children but we still cared, right? Like I said, no disrespect intended... I say things that are wrong all the time, and I appreciate it when im corrected.

Besides, like I said, you can discuss tea and crumpets without bringing up the shooting. It can be done. Ii promise you. People should know how it gets here when a major event happens... Get over it. Talk about something else If you want. All this thread is doing is talking about the shooting even more...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoClue206

.......You said your self you were trying to avoid it, but yet you still HAD to comment didn't you?

Actually if you read my post properly (as no one seems to do), you'll see I said I was avoiding it at first, before discovering it was worth more investigation.

And honestly this thread only exemplifies how self-centred most people are. It's all about "me me me" and my god damn muffins. Truthfully it's pathetic and disgusting... most people hate to think about these things because it depresses them... but you know what, the criminals win when good people do nothing.

The number one problem in this world is the fact most people simply don't give a # about anything outside of their immediate surroundings, they are wilfully oblivious to what is going on in the world because they prefer to exist in a state of ignorance as bliss.

And that is the exact same mentality being demonstrated by the OP here. A complete lack of concern or care for anything but him/her self and their own well being. Most people are on ATS because we care about what's happening in the world and we want to stop the corruption.

If you want to live in a land of magical rainbows and muffins then get the hell off of ATS. We are here to make a difference, not express how much we don't give a # about the world. They wish we were all submissive unsympathetic self-obsessed sheep struggling for riches and glory at the expense of everyone else.

That would make their job so much easier... but unfortunately for them some of us care.
edit on 21/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I don't think its funny that they're dead. That was an example. Durr. Neither do I find Syria and stuff of the like funny.

just merely pointing out that your defending something pointless.

IMO.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

oh my!

you poor thing, you remind her of poor ol' mary
used to work for the gov. and knew her place
seeing only what she was told to/wanted to see

until she lost her illusions

images borrowed from "The Invisibles" Vol.1 #18
by Grant Morrisson
copyright Grant Morrisson and DC Comics
the moral authority of the author and publisher has been affirmed

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I think the OP, reminded us that we don't need a gizzilion threads on the same subject, of course to convey that message he has to mention the same subject, so its a catch 22.

We're all here defeating the point, which is also a minor amusement to me. I'm not heartless, if i had to type 10,000 words knowing it would bring those people back, I would, but it wont sooo....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join